[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
photography portfolio for film school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_5065.jpg (3 MB, 5472x3648) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5065.jpg
3 MB, 5472x3648
Hey guys, I'm putting together a portfolio for my film school application. One of the components is photography section that has 3 parts.

Portrait, landscape, and event.
5-8 photos of each, all horizontally composed.

I thought maybe you guys could take a look at my photos and tell me what I should use.

Here's a picture I might use for landscapes.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.1.3
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:01:12 10:10:26
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/inf
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length0.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5472
Image Height3648
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeManual
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed288
Color Matrix135
>>
I'll post more if I get a response. I have different variants of this landscape I shot that are also up for consideration.
>>
damn
>>
what a troll

>5-8 submissions of portraits
>must be horizontally composed

TOPKEK nice fucking film school
>>
"Welcome to art school make sure your art looks like these arts"
>>
File: 1449518699174.jpg (66 KB, 800x790) Image search: [Google]
1449518699174.jpg
66 KB, 800x790
>>2749306
>>
>>2749669
it's almost like videos are typically done horizontally
>>
>>2749306
This one is not good, Op. This one could be better if you photographed something, instead of only a 'scenery'.

Post more, especially the portraits.

>>2749678
kek
>>
>>2749935
I'm pretty sure a landscape is supposed to be scenery.

Anyone here have anything serious to add?
>>
>>2749306
you're kidding right?
>>
>>2749971
Why do you think I'm kidding?
>>
>>2749306
uh... I don't know what I'm looking at.

But I really can't give you advice. Art schools love weird shit like this. Modern photography is all about weird shit like this these days. Right now only photojournalists are doing the real stuff.

So I personally think it's a bad photo, but the experts might love your photo, so who knows?
>>
>>2750052
do you have any reasoning behind your words?
I feel like I'm talking to a 12 year old
>>
>>2750060
Basically my point is I don't think /p/ will give you the right advice. A lot of what /p/ hates, people actually in professional photography love.
>>
holy shit i thought you shot this on an iphone, but nope you took this with a 6d.
i appreciate that you're trying to do something other than a typical landscape, but the execution was very poor and personally i'm not a fan of the way the photo is composed.
please take the time to learn how to use your equipment properly.
>>
>>2750353
why is the execution very poor, and what about the composition did you not like?
>>
>>2749306
This photo is poorly exposed both too dark & blown. You're edging up to ambiance, but the exposure just kills it.
>>
>>2750975
I have more exposed version of this, but I actually prefer the way the windows jump out from total darkness. I didn't know how to get the trash from getting blown without getting even darker to the point where the windows wouldn't even be visible. Perhaps if I knew how to use HDR it would have been possible. I haven't cropped the photo yet, and expect I'll be taking out a big portion of the top.
>>
File: pop.jpg (59 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
pop.jpg
59 KB, 500x333
>>2750998
The windows don't pop out at all.

10 sec in photoshop

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:01:22 16:38:48
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width500
Image Height333
>>
>>2751000
I meant to say I like how they're suspended in the darkness, they're like faint candle light. I haven't touched the photo at all in photoshop yet.

I'll post the more exposed versions in a few hours.

Is the jagginess in that image a result of what you did to get more light, or is it just because it's super low res?
>>
>>2749306
just dump all of them in low resolution
>>
>>2751010
the jaggieness comes from your terrible exposure.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.