[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sorry for the silly question, but both of these images were taken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 45451.png (1 MB, 1298x534) Image search: [Google]
45451.png
1 MB, 1298x534
Sorry for the silly question, but both of these images were taken with the same camera.
Why is quality of the images so different? left is more fuzzy, right is is more crisp and "higher quality"
>>
>>2748626
The left is pretty obviously a 100% crop in on the image (maybe even more) and the right isn't. Also, assuming its an interchangeable lens camera, lenses have a tremendous effect on the final product. As does light, processing, and the technique of the artist.

despite what /p/ will tell you, a quality image comes from a talented artist, not a more expensive camera with high numbers on a test chart.
>>
>>2748626

Good thing we don't have a thread for stuff like that >>2723069

The ISO was most likely higher on the left picture. ISO controls the sensitivity of your sensor, controlling how it reacts to light. The higher your ISO, the brighter your pictures. ISO 100 won't give you good results in the dark, while ISO 16000 does .. for a price though: noise.
The sensor noise is what you see in your picture, the ISO was simply too high and the sensor couldn't really take it anymore.
>>
>>2748639
>>2748635
Thanks I'll delete the thread
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.