[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >chillin in class back in teenage years >th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (879 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
879 KB, 1000x1500
>be me
>chillin in class back in teenage years
>this guy was super fat and friendzonered by girls
>we used to talked about photography but I never believed in myself
>he picks up a camera
>starts taking pictures
>takes a photography class then says fuck it because the teacher was stupid
>self taught
>becomes all fashionable
>gets cool friends
>all girls want to be his friend
>starts hanging out with coked it LA crowd
>becomes tumblr famous
>becomes insta famous
>literally traveling to Milan, New York, California, Europe and everywhere taking pictures of good looking guys

I can't believe this guy made it. Good for him. But how the hell does he make money?

https://www.instagram.com/bryant/

Pic related

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3840
Image Height5760
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:02:11 21:21:49
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height1500
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
because he was out taking pictures and marketing himself and you're on an albanian shadow puppet appreciation network
>>
>>2747411
I don't know what that's supposed to mean

But how exactly does someone get so big? There are millions of photographers how can you make something like this an actual career.
>>
jelly
>>
I thought you said he was fat...
>>
>>2747410
Is it just me, or do all his photos look the same, and like they're of the same people?
Also, he fucks that little boy, doesn't he?
>>
>>2747428

He was very fat
He started running and got thinner
>>
>>2747443

They do look very similar

I haven't done photography in a while but are his photos good?
>>
because he started using coke.
>>
>>2747410
>take run of the mill photographs of alexis ren
>profit
>>
>>2747489

Do these model photographers ever bang the models?
>>
>>2747524
Ol' Uncle Terry makes a habit out of banging the models. Kinda shocking how a one trick pony like him can make it big, but I suppose that's hollywood for you
>>
>>2747536

How do you become Hollywood
>>
>>2747697
live in SoCal

i remember reading on a guy who studied photography, and down the street was an aspiring model - they practiced with each other; she hooked him with her hot friends - bam instafamous

you wanna take pictures of models you gotta be where the talent is at LA or NYC
>>
>>2747410
man i dunno what to say- first off, his shit isnt really that special or even good at all.
just right place at the right time I guess. I work with alot of people who shoot better, more compelling shit.
I mean he's no amateur, but after browsing his gram, i'm in no way amazed. really just average, even some of those uploads I wouldn't have...
>>
>>2747710
>live in DC
>search model mayhem
>ratchet looking models everywhere
This is suffering
>>
>>2747740
Easy: Take pictures of ratchet models, turn it into some bullshit "model shaming" movement, then profit.
>>
this kind of VSCO, wild, young'n'free type of photography is very trendy now. If you do it in a way it doesn't look forced it can get you places. OP is probably spending too much time debating MF pictures of mud on /p/ to make it.
>>
>>2747791
trendy is the opposite of timeless...
>>
>>2747792
well OP is not asking how to be timeless but how to "make it" like Eslava
>>
These pictures are kinda shitty and they are only popular because people like looking at young pretty girls. Same with pretty much all portrait photography, mediocre photos with good looking people. Who cares desu, it's just the way the world works, the best art is never the most popular. Go and take photos you want to take, no point caring about some guys instagram likes.
>>
Good for him, he's obviously enjoying what he's doing and if he can make money, that's even better. The pictures don't really impress me personally, but who am I to judge
>>
>>2747807
Pretty much this.
That's how I feel about most photographers actually.
>>
>>2747411
>albanian shadow puppet appreciation network
>>
>>2747410

What am I supposed to do with this information?

I'm struggling to care about a photographer I don't know who is doing nothing scandalous, just going about his business doing what he obvious loves.

I've never seen his work but I'm sure that given that you mention instagram his stuff will be generic and internet friendly clickbait. Not my preference (oldfag - don't undersand this instagram=route to success logic) but each to his own.
>>
>>2748052

Missed the link. Just looked at his instagram. Exactly what I expected.

As shit as I think it is, I'm not going to slate the guy for making a go of it in photography and hanging around hot chicks all day!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution800 dpi
Vertical Resolution800 dpi
Image Created2012:12:07 09:46:59
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1300
Image Height1787
>>
>>2748052
>>2748055
everyone misses the point of IG and being "famous". that people are not liking photographers being the apex of the profession but simply the subject of the photos: hot models

seriously no one gives a fuck about the composition, the presets used, or the camera
but this guy is a gateway to a selective type of group that people want to see, and theyre going to follow and like what his post because of his network

its too bad that these type of photos models and the like appear in are saturating the internet to a point these are considered the standard "good"
>>
>pretty much every poster ITT
when jealousy rears its ugly head
>>
>>2748076

Like I said, I have no idea about instagram. It's always been something I've heard of but never used.

I do think the saturated argument is null though. There is no apex in something a wide ranging as photography and it really doesn't matter if those images lack any deep artistic merit. People like the photographer in the OP are no different to sports shooters - they're just churning out stuff there's a market for. People want to see images of extravagant lifestyles and hot girls just like they want to see sports images on the sports pages. They both have a shelf life of days which is why there's such a large volume of it.

A sad fact of life is that it's a really rare person who gets to follow their passion and make a living from it so fair play to the guy.
>>
>>2747410
cool blog brah.
>>
>>2748076
>that people are not liking photographers being the apex of the profession but simply the subject of the photos: hot models

Yep, nail on the head. Bryant does well because he partners with Cameron Dallas. There are few people on this planet more obsessive than 12 year old girls, and there are few people on this planet that get more attention from 12 year old girls than Cameron Dallas. When Cameron's boyish charm rots into grotesque old-man adulthood (read as: 23), Bryant's mainstream success will fade, but he'll still have the connections to lounge around as a commercial photographer for the rest of his life.

None of the people on this board can't do what he did, it's just that you won't. You won't go buy the right clothes, talk to the right people, shoot the right kind of photos. 90% of this shit is self-marketing, and you all (and me too!) hate yourselves so much that you'll never make a ripple.
>>
>>2748116
why can't I just shoot snapshits for fun? Why does it always have to be a competition or a strive for fame and success? I see this attitude too often on /p/
>>
>>2748119
Because there's a difference between taking snapshits for fun and doing actual photography, and the board is called Photography whether you think the name is deserved or not.
That means photographs that you put some effort into; not just anything that came out of a camera. Ideally.

If you want to snapshit, though, be my guest. Just don't post all of it here, please.
>>
How the fuck do i get sik models like him?
>>
>>2748123
snapshit does not automatically equal a shit photo. I would describe every picture Moriyama took as a snapshit (or snapshot as people outside of /p/ would call it), but that doesn't mean it's bad now does it? I just don't like the thought that I have to take photography as this ultra serious thing that I bet my life on and where the ultimate goal is to make money off it or use it to become famous
>>
>>2748127
I don't like Moriyama myself but if you can produce snapshits like his I'm sure you'll be praised on this board. Can you?
>>
>>2748127
no. I'm also not aiming to emulate him, that was just more of an example that photography doesn't always have to be this instagram model fuckery or perfect landscape shots but it can also be just a fun hobby for people who just like to take pictures
>>
>>2748119

I never said you couldn't.

I'm just saying that you (and not YOU you, you fucking victim) can't talk shit if you don't apply yourself.
>>
>>2747740
>live in DC
>search model mayhem
>ratchet looking models everywhere

Same. Might have to bite the bullet soon though
>>
I thought OP asked
>But how the hell does he make money?
but instead y'all be defending that tog as if OP attacked him.
But maybe I'm just too autistic to understand that.
>>
>>2747451
I think when you get that many followers you start to become a little lazy since you know you'll get the views and because of it stop expiremting and become complacent which causes you to stop growing as an artist. Though I don't know his mind set so he could just be on auto pilot when taking them or actually putting effort in them and it's not our taste.
>>
>>2748241
>>>
> Anonymous 01/18/16(Mon)19:00:41 No.2747524▶>>2747536
>>>2747489
>Do these model photographers ever bang the models?

Nah, it's not about being lazy, it's about being afraid of alienating your audience. You know what works, what got you there in the first place, why fuck with success?

Although, and this has been stated many times, no one's going there for the photography.
>>
>>2747410
This tool is popular for the same reasons douchey uninteresting kids in high school were popular, everything he does is self assured and unchallenging. If you lived his life, you'd hate it because he's a boring hack taking boring hack photos of boring hacks.
>>
File: 135593160963.png (51 KB, 181x201) Image search: [Google]
135593160963.png
51 KB, 181x201
>>2747411
>albanian shadow puppet appreciation network
>>
>>2748116
>>2748116
I honestly have no fucking idea who Cameron Dallas is. I went on YouTube and saw him on a vlog? I'm not an old fag but I've literally never heard of this "celebrity" model or whatever the fuck. Is he a YouTube star.? A singer? Model? No idea.

It's weird how there are these people with millions of followers and I've never even heard of them.

As for the other stuff, the guy seems to know how to hustle. When we has in LA he somehow got connected with all the trendy hipster LA crowd. Audrey kitching and some trans woman and other locally known photographers/wanna be models.

Eventually he got more famous on tumblr and even started hanging out casually with tumblr's creator. He was at once the guy with the most amount or reblogs or whatver.

I have no idea how you get ahold of these famous/powerful people or even get into their crew. It's hard just to get someone to like you enough to like you roll with them. Not sure how the guy does it.
>>
>>2747771
What does ratchet model mean?
>>
>>2748741

It's Spanish for mother.
>>
File: 1451874303937.jpg (2 MB, 1824x2736) Image search: [Google]
1451874303937.jpg
2 MB, 1824x2736
>>2748752
thx m8ey
>>
>>2748321
>It's weird how there are these people with millions of followers and I've never even heard of them.

You're an old fag.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.