[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total noob here For what purpose it this used ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: hf67jh.jpg (128 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
hf67jh.jpg
128 KB, 2000x2000
Total noob here

For what purpose it this used ?
>>
>>2747327
To keep hard light sources from hitting the front of your lens in a way that would cause flare and lower contrast in your image due to internal reflections, and also to protect the front element of your lens from being hit by stuff.
>>
>>2747331
Thank you very much senpai
>>
>>2747327
you don't get google where you live, right?
>>
>>2747331
But why are zoom lens hood's shaped like this?
>>
>>2747367
That's exactly true.
Shapes like these are used on wide angle lenses, the right and left elements are purposely smaller so they don't get in the frame (the horizontal side is longer than the vertical due to the sensors aspect ratio).

Longer lenses (80mm+) don't need such design because the FOV is really tight.
>>
>>2747373
Not exactly true*
>>
>>2747344
le google meme

ok faggot let's do google everything instead posting in shitty imageboards

imma right? :^)
>>
>>2747373
>>2747373
>Horizontal side is longer

ohhh yeah no shit
>>
makes your lens look bigger and makes you look more /p/ro
>>
>>2747407
It's all about size, right ? :p
>>
For some reason there is a certain sect of overly enlightened individuals who dislike lens hoods because people they don't like have them.

I'll never understand them.
>>
>>2749632
Let me tell you why I don't like lens hoods.
They make the camera bigger. Filters can sometimes be a pain when you have a lens hood. Even if you reverse the lens hood, it still requires some fiddling before you can use the lens.

There you go. Hopefully now you can understand why some people who dislike lens hoods. Even I will break one out on the odd occasion that I absolutely need one.
>>
so you can nudge into people to tell them to gtfo of your way with much reduced risk to your lens
>>
>>2749632
1) fucks with your flash (inb4 who uses flash)
2) makes camera look bigger, which is a negative for street photography
3)even if you invert it, it makes focusing/zooming a bitch
>>
>>2750308
>negative for meme photography
>which dlsrs are the wrong tool for anyway
oh no! the horror.
>>
From what I know, the lens hood is used for preventing lens flare from objects such as the sun or lights. It can also serve as a lens protector because it helps cushion the fall if you drop it, but UV filters also serve that purpose.
>>
>>2750308
>muh streetphotography is only photography
LELELELEL
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.