[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into /p/? Just got an entry level camera and right now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
How do I into /p/?
Just got an entry level camera and right now I'm trying to learn from the basics, but most of the links in the sticky are dead...
>>
>>2743976
>eo tchan
>brazilian funk

holy cancer anon!
>>
>>2743977
what a lovely reception, feels like /pol/
>>
>links in sticky are dead
nope
http://pseudosticky.wikia.com/#What_Camera
>>
>>2743984
>likes eo tchan unironically

hue
>>
>>2743976
Learn about composition, metering, and the basic fundamentals of photography. Having a decent understanding of it will help you tremendously (google that shit, it's all over everywhere). Don't bite off more than you can chew, otherwise you'll burn yourself out and stop taking photos.

At entry, don't worry too much about your own equipment. It's more important to understand what you have and how to use it at this point. Once you feel a bit more comfortable, then it's a good idea to start advancing and looking into upgrades.

And most importantly, actually take pictures. You'll probably want to take a picture of every little thing, which is fine for a beginner, but you should always try to improve. By reading about the fundamentals and understanding them by actually taking pictures, you'll start to understand how to take decent, better, then good photos. General rule of thumb, for everyone 100 photos you take, maybe 1 or 2 will actually be worth keeping around.

Hope that helps a little. Get grinding.
>>
not OP but someone in a similar position

i've basically been taking travel photos with just my phone and a random point and shoot, but my friend was selling his DSLR (nikon d5200) for a pretty decent price and it was in almost perfect quality, so i decided to buy it along with a 18-55mm lens kit; so pretty standard stuff

what mode do you guys normally shoot in? obviously not auto, but do you guys always go full manual, or do you put it on Av or P to save yourselves some time?
>>
>>2744090
you're asking the wrong question.
learn how to use your camera in a way that you like, supports your shooting style, and scene you're trying to take.
>>
Learn the basics here: www.cambridgeincolour.com . Way better than sticky.

If you want to learn what makes a good pic, search for "Art of Photography" book by Time-Life, you'll learn from Ernst Haas, which arguably one of the best color photographer of all time.
>>
>>2744090
That's not how it goes. Read the link I've recommend here >>2744229, it'll teach you the basics about camera etc.
>>
>>2743994
>Just got an entry level camera and right now I'm trying to learn from the basics
>Just got an entry level camera
>Just got
>>
>>2743976
>>2744090

If you're really new and want to know more about the basic stuff like shutter speed, aperture etc I made this video a few weeks ago that might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n9sVfA9OPA

Once you've got that cracked then I guess you could look into more specific areas like flash settings, lightroom editing etc

Apart from that, go out and take photos.

'Your first 10,000 photos are your worst' - HCB
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.