[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just switched back to PC and I'm looking for software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: iphoto-events.png (270 KB, 600x435) Image search: [Google]
iphoto-events.png
270 KB, 600x435
I just switched back to PC and I'm looking for software to replace iPhoto. So far I havnt been able to find PC software that has the specific quirks and tools I liked from iPhoto.

I'm looking for software that can:
-Tag photos AND create "smart folders" where multiple sets of those tags can be dynamically combined together into one persistent "folder."
-Needs to be able to quickly create a user-specified thumbnail image for an event and/or folder inside the software.

I've tried Picasa, Lightroom, Windows Photo Gallery, Kodi, Plex and so far the closest software I've found to what I want is maybe Zoner Photo Studio 18.

But Zoner's tagging system is super clunky. And (like many of these softwares) it will create thumbnails for folders, but wont allow you to change it from the ugly automatically generated mosaic of four tiny thumbnails from inside the folder. Not to mention it crashes constantly.

Kodi allows you to create custom icons for folders, but it's super tedious. You have to create a new photo labeled "poster.jpg" in the folder. And it doesnt really have a tagging system to speak of.

I know these seem like super petty nitpicks. But I have over a million photos to organize so the software I use to manage them all is insanely important to me. If I do find a software I want to stick to, it's going to take probably over a year to properly re-setup my library. I dont want to put in all that work for a software that doesnt have what I want.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>>
Acdsee
>>
a better option is to spend that time reducing your dependence on software, by organisation processes and methods, and then you can use whatever software you want and easily change whenever you find something better.

iirc xnview doesnt suck on windows
>>
>>2741752
faststone. you will not regret it
>>
XNviewMP does all that IIRC.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.