[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IM GONNA DO IT IM GONNA SHOOT IN RAW WITHOUT JPG COPIES [EXIF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
IM GONNA DO IT

IM GONNA SHOOT IN RAW WITHOUT JPG COPIES

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGreenshot
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
File: photo.jpg (79 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
79 KB, 900x900
>>2741419
GOD BLESS YOU

Camera SoftwareGoogle
>>
ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US
>>
>>2741428
soonds loch a personal failure
>>
File: 1418236738_cqqu96_4a68r.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1418236738_cqqu96_4a68r.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>G O O B L E
>O
>B
>B
>L
>E
>>
Just get a Mac, all the standard software on Mac will read most raw files.
>>
>>2741465
>just spend thousands on a mediocre computer so that you don't have to download some plugins
>>
>>2741498
MAC = CAM backwards. They belong to each other, PC fag.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>2741419
Guys, he's doing it!
That's too much to handle!

Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width300
Image Height300
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2741498
>implying that OS X isn't the best x86 OS

M8 pls
>>
>>2741419
BITE THE PILLOW
I'M SHOOTING IN RAW
>>
File: templeos gpu.png (11 KB, 787x108) Image search: [Google]
templeos gpu.png
11 KB, 787x108
>>2741544
>he doesn't know about TempleOS
>>
>>2741419

I was doing it for almost 5 years since I got Fujifilm S100FS.
>>
>>2741419
Is this uncommon? The ability to deal with white balance entirely in post alone makes raw shooting worth it to me.
>>
>>2741544
>not using Gentoo

topkek
>>
I think I'm gonna start doing this too. I don't even look at my JPEG copies anymore... they just take up space on my hard drive.
>>
Why would you want jpeg copies in the first place? The only cameras it makes sense for is fujifilm.
>>
>>2741589
on lolympus, you have to shoot raw+large jpeg to be able to zoom the image in playback mode to maximum magnification
>>
Well... You know I usually forget that my camera is in RAW+jpeg mode. I literally never use the jpegs.
I'll turn that mode off now. Thanks OP.
#I will smash your face with a hammer
>>
>>2741602

That's a weird design flaw for such an innovative brand.
>>
>>2741609
They didn't bother implementing the rendering of actual raw data in playback mode. So if you shoot raw only, in playback mode you'll be looking at a half-res jpeg preview embedded in the raw.
Don't know if this is fixed in the newest cameras like E-M1 though.
>>
>>2741578
Main reason I shoot raw is just so I don't have to waste time adjusting white balance when I shoot.
>>
>>2741578
>>2741699
Same for me along with exposure adjustments.

I do try to "get it right in the camera", but it's not that uncommon for the camera to misrepresent what I'm going to see when I load up camera raw anyways.
>>
>>2741715
I just sort of accepted the fact that you can only get it only so good enough in camera and that the final step really is post-processing

coming from the more regarded medium of film because of its romantic "authenticity" where digitizing negatives requires even more extra work and sliders than processing a RAW file out of camera I found that easy to accept.
>>
>>2741724
>I just sort of accepted the fact that you can only get it only so good enough in camera and that the final step really is post-processing
This is true especially because my manual white balance settings go in increments of 50k, so fine tuning is almost always necessary.

I shot film seriously for a couple of years and I really enjoyed printing black and white 35mm negatives because of how accessible and yet how challenging/rewarding it could be. Large format was just a hot mess and it almost didn't feel worth it. I was originally attracted to it for the movements more than anything but I will honestly say I didn't see enough of a difference between a LF scan and what digital can do to warrant all the hassle, especially driving 30 minutes south of here to spend another $20 to develop a whopping 10 shots of color that I got in a box on B&H for $40.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.