[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I'm going to be honest, I've only lurked this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
Guys, I'm going to be honest, I've only lurked this board a few times, but lately have been doing so more and more often and want to get a camera. Pic related was taken by a friend at a racetrack. I'd like to shoot some motorsport too, and have saved up a bit to buy a DSLR and a lens.

I've been gathering some info of the cameras I can afford and it boils down to two: EOS 700D and Pentax K-50. I was going to buy the Pentax because for the same price as the Canon I get an extra 50-200 lens apart from the 18-50 that both include.

A couple of days ago I read the sticky and have been talking to everyone I know that's into photography. Some professionals even. They all recommend Canon. Nevertheless the Pentax is better on paper and includes another lens. Canon has Magic Lantern going for it though (I really don't know if it's actually any good, but some people praise it a lot)

I'm sure this board sees heaps of posts like this one, and you are probably sick of them, but please help me out, I did my best to be as little a noob as I can be, and just want to buy the right thing.
>>
>>2740104
If you're going to be shooting high speed subjects, you'll want an AF system that's better than what's on a canon rebel. Get a beat up 7D body if you do go Canon.

i don't have experience with the Pentax, but I have used both Canon, Nikon, and Fuji cameras, and I can say that the files that come out of non-Canon cameras are much easier to manipulate, push, and edit. Canon is very usable, especially in good light, but it's something to take note of.
>>
>>2740122
What about the 750D? It's supposed to be a nice upgrade from the 700 and is still in my pricerange. Haven't seen many second hand 7Ds around
>>
>>2740104
get a used Canon T2i flash magic lantern get an 18-135mm. or a Nikon D3200 with the 18-140

pentax is good for weather sealing, even if you plan on shooting in light rain the canon and nikon will still do the job regardless. unless youre going storm chasing id recommend getting a canon or nikon due to an array of lens selections
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.