[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contacting Venues to Request Photo/Press Passes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: echo-mountain-concert_banner_bg.jpg (439 KB, 1440x700) Image search: [Google]
echo-mountain-concert_banner_bg.jpg
439 KB, 1440x700
How do I go about this? I have my own website with a section of it devoted to the shows that I have shot, but those shows have been at my cousins venue in NYC.

The websites of venues I want to go to and photograph bands don't have any sort of contact page or submission process defined on their website for press passes. Have any of you shot at Toad's place in New Haven CT, or Oakdale Theatre in Wallingford CT? or the Iron Horse Auditorium in North Hampton Mass??

Should I just call the venue and ask what the venue's managers email is?

Help /p/
>>
most of the time you'll need to contact the bands manager. They're the ones in charge of photo passes.
>>
you're either gonna request the band's touring manager or the venue's press coordinator

after a little googling, toad's place is fairly small so it shouldn't be hard while oakdale is pretty big. iron horse seems in the middle. not sure what artists you're trying to shoot but that plays a big part

bigger bands couldn't give less of a fuck about you or your photos. they're touring for weeks and the same photos are gonna be snapped over and over again

the people who truly care about those repeat boring photos are local publications and that's usually your safest bet

i dunno man just wing it. email everybody. call everybody. take photos. sneak your camera in. play dumb.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.