[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony patent the mirrorless DSLR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: mirrorless-dslr.gif (15 KB, 560x326) Image search: [Google]
mirrorless-dslr.gif
15 KB, 560x326
Sony patent the mirrorless DSLR
>>
>>2737962
What are the green and black pieces?

Also, why?
>>
>>2737963
black is mirror, green focus screen, DSLR speed focussing many lens options
>>
>>2737965
>black is mirror
>>
It's more like getting sensor closer, but still with mirror. Could be useful for adapting different lenses.
>>
>>2737971
They don't want you to adapt lenses. They want you to buy and use their lenses.
>>
>>2737963
Sony will be able to develop their mirrorless lenses futher more and still satisfy DSLR/OVF users.
>>
>>2737974
well yea, they want to adapt lenses of previous mirrorless Sony cameras to DSLR one, so there would be incentive for people who own previous products.
>>
>>2738019
Nikon doesn't have and "previous products" that will work on a DSLR sensor.
>>
>>2738022
well maybe Sony is planning on moving away from A-Mount instead of E-Mount.

Or maybe they are planning to do DSLR E-mount camera.
>>
>>2738029
Why would they do that.

Also, nothing says "precision" like slamming your sensor, support electronics, and houseing, around 200,000 times.
>>
>>2738029
If they are then that's a good idea.

[spoiler]Because all the A-mount bodies and glass will be even cheaper[/spoiler]
>>
>>2738041
They are Sony, did you see the shit they showed at CES this year?

they named 4k UHD, HDR for fuck sakes.
>>
make sensor on shutter instead of mirror on shutter. pull shutter down on shot instead of mirror up. problem solved.
>>
>moving the senor
ayy lmao
im sure theyve worked something reasonable out but as an engineer that sounds retarded
>>
>>2738062
in-body stabilisation was sure retarded idea, right m8?
>>
>>2738097
theres only so much that software can do to manage large physical movement like that. have you ever seen slow footage of the mirror flapping up and back down for a shot? its violent. doing that with your sensor doesnt seem like a very good idea for capturing sharp images
>>
>>2738107
Sensor will be moved only when you change lens that requires different flange distance, not every shot.
>its violent
Being triggered by mirror slap is definetly something new, you should make tumblr post about it.
>>
>>2738112
What? How would you use the OVF with the sensor in front of the mirror? Of course the sensor will be moved with every shot.
>>
>>2738112
I don't think you understand. the sensor lays flat while composing, then flaps up hastily to take the picture
>>
>>2738327
Unless you just leave it in live view mode forever I guess....?
>>
>>2738333
Then what's the point?
>>
>mirrorless
>has a mirror

Am I being full retard or is there something in missing?
>>
>>2738344
That's a fantastic question.
>>
>>2738348
Flappy mirror, now with an added flappy sensor, for double the shock!
>>
>>2738353
Are current mirrorless cameras actually mirrorless or is there a lie there too?
>>
Wait a minute. This has a mirror, so it's not mirrorless. It's just a fancy way of switching between an OVF and live view on the LCD, which DSLRs can already do with less moving parts. What's the advantage here?
>>
Flange distance, could use mirrorless lenses. Sony would save money and time for developing new ones.
>>
>>2738317
Maybe it has a hybrid viewfinder
>>
>>2737965
>DSLR speed focussing

I don't see this. Light to phase-detection AF sensors on DSLRs must be split before the focusing screen, which is impossible here.
>>
>>2738357
Using E-mount lenses (with their shallow FFD) with an optical viewfinder.

But given the quality of modern EVFs (and looking at the specs of Leica/Epson's latest one, they're going to be get even better very soon), I don't see much point in this.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.