[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
B&W Conversions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: roots (1).jpg (98 KB, 433x500) Image search: [Google]
roots (1).jpg
98 KB, 433x500
ITT, how do you convert your B&W, /p/? Should I just use the default B&W adjustment layer in PS or auto B&W configuration in Lightroom?

Nuke it with contrast/clarity/HDR/luminosity masks?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeLeica Camera AG
Camera ModelM9 Digital Camera
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)24 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2890
Image Height3335
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:01:05 23:17:26
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/19.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/19.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length24.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width433
Image Height500
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000001C5
>>
ain't no one size fits all

try them all and you learn what each looks like and you learn what you want to use
>>
>>2737690
I normally click through the shitty VSCO Tri-X presets
>>
>>2737690
>digital b&w

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>2737690
I'm as lost as you with that, but I would buy a color filter if you know you'll be going out to just shoot B+W.

Oh, and if you took that picture, how is the high ISO performance on the M9? I have the M8 and it's hard to get usable pics at ISO 640 and up.
>>
>>2737690

Decompose to separate R,G,B layers and pick the best looking one.
>>
>>2738055
literally no point to color filters with a digital camera. you're just decreasing iq and losing a stop or two of light.

>>2737690
sometimes i only use silver efex pro 2, sometimes i go into PS, do the b&w conversion, mask off areas of a photo and use levels to adjust contrast in a highly detailed manner. there's like a million youtube videos of various conversion techniques. depends on the photograph and your own style.
>>
>>2737787
+1
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.