[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to Share
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: frozenfood-Irving Penn.jpg (242 KB, 900x1177) Image search: [Google]
frozenfood-Irving Penn.jpg
242 KB, 900x1177
Where do you share your photos and interact with followers?

I tried Flickr, but I wasn't really feeling it. Should I try Instagram? I feel like Instagram has a much wider audience.

What do you guys use?
>>
>>2735637
Also, is 500px or any of the other Flickr alternatives worth using? Do they have a worthwhile userbase?
>>
Yeah, 500px has a dedicated community
>>
>>2735637

I use Flickr and Instagram. I find it's easier to get followers on Flickr but more people use Instagram. I think it depends on your kind of photography. Flickr users tend to go for more generic beautiful photos where Instagram loves fashion and more unorthodox photos with filters (raised and crushed blacks in your tone curve for 20% more likes!). 500px tends to be where the best stuff that everyone will like goes.
>>
I use flickr and instagram. Definitely found it easier to get noticed shooting an event on instagram as there's more casual users that have no idea how cameras work (easily impresed). flickrs more for if people want to see it in higher res.

I don't use 500px purely because no one except photographers know about it, I don't really want to circle jerk with other photographers. No person on the street will ask you what your 500px is.
>>
File: irvingpennstilllife (2).jpg (72 KB, 461x768) Image search: [Google]
irvingpennstilllife (2).jpg
72 KB, 461x768
>>2735897
>>2735656
Thanks for the responses! I might revive my Flickr which I used awhile back, but I kind of regret how I followed a ton of people just in order to get follows.

I might also make an Instagram soon. I remember that people were concerned about Instagram having the rights to your photos though. Can anyone speak to that?

Thanks!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Photographer144771
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.5
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2276
Image Height3740
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUnknown
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2012:06:15 16:42:01
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1799
Image Height3000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: Snow1080.jpg (2 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Snow1080.jpg
2 MB, 1080x1080
>>2736491
I kept away from Instagram for exactly that same reason, but that's all just a myth due to bad reading comprehension. In the user agreement it's basically just saying that you agree for your photos to be used along with ads. Instagram has sponsored posts, so you're just agreeing that it's okay for your pictures to be in people's feeds that have ads in that same feed.

People were taking it the wrong way saying that you were agreeing to have your photos used as advertisements, which is completely false.

In my experience, I've found that I can reach a larger audience and gather new followers easier on Instagram, and I do landscape photography. I wish I would've started one soon to be honest.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:01:04 11:21:10
Image Width1080
Image Height1080
>>
>>2736684
What are the best methods for getting Instagram followers?
>>
>>2737261
be really cliche
>>
>>2737261
Take photos you know a lot of people like, use a lot of hashtags, and be active, liking and following a lot of people. Have a consistent look and style to your photos, rather than just random stuff.
>>
File: irvingpennstilllife (1).jpg (67 KB, 800x663) Image search: [Google]
irvingpennstilllife (1).jpg
67 KB, 800x663
>>2737276
>>2737275
Where do you find people to interact with? Or do people just find you? In Flickr, I know that you have to join groups, interact, follow, and favorite to get some initial attention that eventually becomes people following you without any effort.

Photographer144773
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.5
Image Width4472
Image Height3704
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUnknown
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2008:11:20 15:45:54
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Image Width3000
Image Height2485
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2737261
Definitely hashtag as much as you possibly can, and also search hashtags that are relevant to your photography and like as many as you can, and comment, so they are more likely to follow you
>>
>>2737303
Just go to the Explore tab.
>>
>>2737313
Okay, also do any of you use Instagram for professional work or do you use it just for hobby purposes?
>>
>>2740013
Not to sell anything on it but for publicity purpose and client interaction I mean.
>>
Deviantart?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.