[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone else found that when they start out in photography,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: Low Res (5 of 13).jpg (150 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Low Res (5 of 13).jpg
150 KB, 600x400
Has anyone else found that when they start out in photography, social media traffic and paid work is pretty easy to come by, and then it suddenly all dries up?

It seems that as I've invested in better kit and lights my popularity has gone down.

And the weirdest part is that people who have seen my portfolio comment on how professional it looks, and whether I do photography full time, when my earnings are laughable.

Has anybody else found this? A shout out to all struggling togs out there. I'll upload a couple of sets for CC if you guys are interested too.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:01:01 21:31:36
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating50
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: Low Res (9 of 13).jpg (170 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Low Res (9 of 13).jpg
170 KB, 400x600

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Image Created2016:01:01 21:31:43
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length135.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: Low Res (13 of 13).jpg (66 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Low Res (13 of 13).jpg
66 KB, 400x600

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Image Created2016:01:01 21:31:53
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length135.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
i thought that was a stock photo

maybe that's the problem?

good luck analysing that shit though
>>
File: Low Res (1 of 1).jpg (174 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Low Res (1 of 1).jpg
174 KB, 600x400
>>2733825

Thanks for your comment - yes I am dabbling in stock photography too so deliberately frame some of them them as such. It's the only way I can find to get an acceptable return on shoots.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image Created2016:01:01 22:05:48
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length30.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2733821

postin in homo as fuck thread.

op, nowadays people crave uniqueness(TM). sometimes that means the images look like shit, but people still eat them up. be whatever but never be boring. your images are kinda boring. think of the internet as a female: its attention span is pretty limited and it needs lots of variety otherwise it gets bored (popularity going down). oh, spontaneity too.

you dont become better, you become fresher. then you succeed. good luck, homo anon.
>>
File: Low Res (1 of 1)-2.jpg (172 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Low Res (1 of 1)-2.jpg
172 KB, 600x400
>>2733836

Here's a lady to balance the homo.

Your comment hit me straight in the heart, but I needed it. Trying to use Facebook as a measure of success probably isn't helping either - people only seem to go crazy for pics I take of my gf.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.7
Image Created2016:01:01 22:07:35
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/9.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/9.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length100.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
File: Low Res (1 of 1)-3.jpg (198 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Low Res (1 of 1)-3.jpg
198 KB, 600x400

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Image Created2016:01:01 22:16:43
Exposure Time1/800 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2733845
>>2733849
how exactly do you make money? Because unless it's stock photography, these pictures shouldn't be in your portfolio imo
>>
>>2733845
Post more blue-haired girls in these cute/derpy poses... for.... critique, yeah, that's it.
>>
>>2733851
I've made most of my money doing nightclub photos, offering random portraits on the street, and had three weddings last year. I get a lot of people wanting model portfolios but can't afford anything over £100, so we usually work it out by taking a mix of modelling portfolio and stock photos in each shoot.
>>
File: Low Res (1 of 1)-5.jpg (192 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Low Res (1 of 1)-5.jpg
192 KB, 600x400
>>2733852

Thanks for the, uhh, interest.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.7
Image Created2016:01:01 23:41:45
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/9.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/9.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length100.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
>>2733821
You're in the valley between peaks. You're starting to learn a bit of taste, so you're going to lose the casuals and uneducated people who just like bokeh and smiles, but you still suck and don't know how to pick an environment, or process your photos well, so for the educated who actually know what to look for, your work doesn't stack up to what else is out there.

Push through, improve your work, and believe in yourself. Social media traffic means next to nothing. Most of the best artists out there don't even have an instagram account. Someone 2000 miles away tapping your photo with their thumb while they poop doesn't put money in your pocket.
>>
OP, most photo money for most photographers come from weddings and standard studio shots (graduation albums, passport photos, stuff like that).
Unless you have connections with a designer or architect you probably won't make it into architecture, interior, design, or fashion photography.
Newspapers today rely more on reuters, cellphone snaps, and if they are looking for their own they will always pick the newb with good gear because he charges little money and has good gear already.

Go talk to wedding photographers in your area, work as an assistant for a while until you get gigs on your own regularly. Depending on the latitude you live in, May and June will be the months that will feed you for the rest of the year.
>>
>>2733821
This photo disgusts me. Neither man has good-looking facial hair and neither seems to care about that. In fact, both seem to be cultivating their degenerate appearance with trailer-trash haircuts to make anyone cringe. Moreover, neither is very physically fit. Both are skinny weaklings. The one in the front has a dark brown/purple nipple, implying that he is not white, likely an Asian half-breed. Since both of these men are in bed with their shirts off, it's assumed that they are gay, which pushes the degeneracy contained in this photo to yet another level. Worst of all, Neither man seems to care whatsoever about improving their life situation or shedding the fettering of their degenerate behavior. The icing on the cake is the stolid 10,000 mile stare of the man in the background. Either he was deeply traumatized by having been recently infected with HIV, or else he simply doesn't care about the photo shoot. The photo is both intimate and impersonal at the same time. The men apparently have a relationship with each other, but I am not compelled by either of them whatsoever.

If you were wondering why no one wants you working for them, it's because you think that shit like this is at all good or worth sharing. The other photos you have posted to the thread reflect the same disregard for any shred of moral fortitude or personality. All are impersonal, juvenile, and half-baked. Kindly kill yourself, fag-lover.
>>
>>2734106
>Kindly kill yourself, fag-lover.

No need for that.
>>
>>2734106
I'd bet they're pretending to be gay and they're Eiffel towering your ex-gf right now
>>
>>2734106
God loves fags bro
>>
>>2734106
Average Trump supporter everyone
>>
I feel like you could use some more work on composition/framing

Elbow cut off in the OP, b/w photo super boring, distracting clutter on the left side of the karate photo
>>
>>2734165
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QATmpIKxav8
>>
>>2734202
>if someone doesn't echo my liberal "progressive" views on homosexuality, then I hate them and will dismiss their points with a chide remark
Average Bernie Sanders supporter, folks.
>>
>>2734823
>"I can make a insult but 4chan humor just isn't my thing."
>>
>>2734823
how you get internet in alabama
>>
>>2734823
>echo
>as if you put critical thought into your "backwards" beliefs
>>
This shit I'd terrible
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.