[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When shooting the content present in a mirror, what the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: just.jpg (59 KB, 452x315) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
59 KB, 452x315
When shooting the content present in a mirror, what the fuck distance should i tell the lens the subject is?

The distance between the camera and the surface of the mirror?
The distance the camera would have to the subject judged by the size of the subject?
The literal sum of me-to-mirror-to subject distance?

Just pondering this is literally shutting down my internal organs, pls help.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution150 dpi
Vertical Resolution150 dpi
Image Created2015:10:06 23:24:43
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width452
Image Height315
>>
>>2733655
just focus till it's sharp dude
>>
>>2733655
It's the distance from the film plane to the subject. For a Hassie, that's the very front of your film back. For most cameras, it's a little circle with a straight line through it.
>>
>>2733655
>The literal sum of me-to-mirror-to subject distance?
this
just act like the mirror is in fact a window
>>
>>2733655
>>2733674
Exactly.
The distance that matters is the distance the light travels. Light is either emitted or reflected by your subject, part of it in the direction to the mirror, then is reflected by the mirror in your direction.

If you focused on the mirror instead, your subject would be blurry, but the dust particles and smirks on the mirror would be sharp.
>>
ITT artschoolers prove they fail at elementary physics and basic math.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.