[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camera Choice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151130_095745.jpg (771 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_095745.jpg
771 KB, 1920x2560
What is a decent quality camera for beginner photographers?
>>
smartphone.
>>
>>2730100
sony a7r ii + canon ef adapter + sigma 20mm f1.4
>>
Just find a 100$ dslr with a kit lens and see if you even like it first. Think d3100 or the like with a shit tier 18-55.
>>
>>2730115
only right answer. ive been taking photos for days now and this was my first camera. p good but maybe i shoiuld have gone with a leica??
>>
>>2730100

Got the pentax K-S1 for chrismas.

It's very very amazing, got a 100% visor, pentaprism, a very good ISO without a lot of grains, anyway, a similar camera on canon or nikkon would cost you about 900$, but the pentax because they're still trying to get back on the market, they sell their cameras for about 400-500$
>>
>>2730100
I started with a Hasselblad H5D-50c and can recommend it to anyone who wants to get into photography. It has some pretty cool filters and the interface is easy to use and set up.
>>
Would say Sony A5100 because of current price. However if you want viewfinder i would say go with A6000 (the one I own). The main advantage would be using vintage lenses. My current lens collection covers pretty much everything I need for about £60. Also canon FD lenses are cheap and cool and an only be used on mirrorless.
>>
>>2730100
iphone 6
>>
>>2732203
This, get an a600p with the stock lens. You can probably find a good used or refurb one on b&h. Won't cost too much and it's a genuinely great camera.
>>
>>2730115
tfw you see one mention of it by someone notable and now thats what you recommend
>>
Pentax k-50 body and the 35mm da lens. It's 100 for the lens and 270 for the body

Quick shutter speed, great iso performance, weather sealed and great controls
>>
>>2736774
Agreed. Love the 35mm on my K-5II.
>>
1/5
Ok. So I have tried just about everything out there and here is my opinions. My family are Nikon users all the way. However I have tried both Nikon and Canon.

If you go are wanting to do action photography or bird watching stuff. Go with Canon. They have a slightly faster shutter speed and can get a bit more crisp images which is important for stop motion work. However if you are wanting to do macros, portraits, flowers go with Nikons. Nikon makes their own glass for their lenses, which is alot nicer and can really give you beautiful results. Photos taken by Nikons tend to have more rich colors and need less post editing processing. Canons tend to end up with slightly grayed images than Nikons. Not a big deal if you are doing action and need that super clarity real quick, but that lack of color can really take away from non-action work.
>>
2/5
If you go Canon: I do not know very much about this topic since I have not personally invested in one, however, I know enough to be able to say look into Canons Rebel line. From their go to your local best buy for help.
>>
3/5
If you go Nikon: Nikon has a non-pro/basic line that is great! For a beginner, I would recommend the D3100. It is a little older, but cheap, and the controls are easy to use. If you want a slightly newer version, I would say try the D5100 or D5200. Both are really good. They are a little more expensive than the D3200, because they are newer, but worth it. They are also just a little more up to date, a couple more setting options but nothing major. Once you feel confident, if you decide to invest in something a little more technical, Nikon has a pro line and I know many people love them. I personally got started on their other line and don't like the pro line as much, but half my family disagrees with me so I feel it is worth mentioning. My family likes the D7000 it is the least expensive, and very nice.
>>
4/5
Lenses: (for Nikons) your camera will come with a standard lense of 18-55mm this means it zooms basically 18-55 feet. Not very much... If you want to be able to zoom in further, I suggest looking into getting a lens that zooms 55-300mm. These are great for seeing things a little further away or zooming in a bit closer to an item. I also want to take a second to mention my absolute favorite lense. The 55mm prime. It is not a zoom lens meaning you will have to get physically closer or further away from whatever you are taking a picture of. However, it has the ability to blur out the background and foreground (by changing your apertures). This is called bokkah; and this lens can do it like nobody's buisiness. All photos I have ever taken with this lens looks super professional and I could not live without it. Also, another plus is that this lens works wonders in low light situations.
>>
5/5
Just getting the camera is one thing. Don't be another teen with a nice camera that takes really bad pictures. It makes the rest of us look bad. Go research the rule of thirds then go to a local photographer or camera store and have them teach you about settings. You will be amazed by the amount of things you can do.

Goodluck and happy shooting!
>>
>>2737098
>you are not allowed to take bad pictures
>>
>>2737105
>Loves arguing so much that he's defending the right to take bad photos
Must be /p/, who would crash a new car to prove that he didn't over-pay for the safety features.
>>
>>2737108
Always assuming it's a he...
>>
>>2737114
balance of probability, little brother.
>>
>>2737122
I like the way you think..
>>
>>2737108
No im just saying you cant expect noobs to take good pics
>>
>>2737114
>reread your comment in super stoned hippy voice
>>
>>2737147
You can expect them to try hard not to.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.