[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wal-Mart Horror Story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Le Paysage à Simon.jpg (210 KB, 2048x463) Image search: [Google]
Le Paysage à Simon.jpg
210 KB, 2048x463
>December 25th
>Undusting my Minolta Maxxum 3000i to use it throughout the Holidays
>Realize I'm out of film
>As I go buy some at Wal-Mart, stop to develop the ones I already used
>I go to the counter, and show them my 35mms
>They look at me completely puzzled
>«What's that?»
>mfw
>«... You're supposed to know that.»
>«Is it a battery?»
>Turn around, and never go back again.

What the fuck? Aren't they supposed to know what a goddamn 35mm film is, since they work in a «Photo Centre» ?!

Pic Unrelated.
>>
>baww my irrelevant medium is not recognized anymore by low-wage employees
>>
>>2730076

>35mm
>irrelevant
>>
>>2730065
Pay peanuts, employ monkeys

Go to a dedicated photography shop. You'll pay a bit more, but they'll appreciate your business and you'll appreciate their service and range of products
>>
>>2730082
This

also
>Trusting walmart sheboons with your film
>>
>using an old shit-tier point-and-shoot slr
>using double brackets instead of quotation marks
>taking your film to wal-mart
>taking your film to wal-mart and expecting literally any kind of service

i think i kind of hate everything about you. i'm sure there's some sort of redeeming quality about you, though. what's your favorite band? food? movie?
>>
>>2730108
They don't even do anything with it, you stick it in a bag and they send it to dwayne's or fuji who send the pictures back. Your film need never be touched by the hands of a wal mart employee.

I did notice last time I was in there they had a sign saying you wouldn't get your film back which worries me. I guess they scan at the lab and then print in the store or something.
>>
>>2730128
you forgot
>it was actually christmas day
>you know, the «Holidays»
>coming to a venetian glass-blowing wiki to air your grievances with the 15yo qt who tried to serve you
>posts pic unrelated

You r scum m9.
>>
>>2730081
>35mm
>not irrelevant?

>I own two Film Leicas.
>35mm film IS irrelevant.
>>
>>2730194

said the gearfag with no photos.

>i cant make anything besides cats and family pics!
>gee i guess film is dead lol
>>
> Take film to Walgreens
> Leave for a couple of hours
> Get phone call
> This is idiot at photo center. Your film is completely blank. You still owe us $15 for development.
> Go to pick up apparently useless roll.
> Roll is literally torched. Crinkled up, solid black, stuck together, etc
> You guys fucked this up. I'm not paying for it. And you owe me a roll of film.
> We can't do that. You're obligated to pay.
> Then let me talk to your manager.
> Manager shows up
> Now, let me talk to your manager.
> Regional fuckhead on phone
> Your photo lab just destroyed a roll of film with 36 priceless memories of my brother's newborn baby before she died of lung problems. I want you to fire these incompetent morons, waive this bullshit development fee, and give me some replacement film.
> 15 minutes of arguing, cursing, and threatening to file formal complaints against the entire lot of them, he agrees.
> Free 4-pack of film, $25 gift card, photo lab kid gets replaced on the spot, and I don't pay them a cent.
> I don't have a brother. He obviously didn't have a baby that died. Roll was bar snapshits and testing a flash.
>>
>>2730210
LOL you hipsters are pathetic desu senpai
>>
>>2730319
>Getting a guy fired over a snapshits and test shots
>>
>>2730319
You might feel proud, but you're an asshole of the worst kind.
I'm just sad for your pathetic existence.
>>
>>2730082
>You'll pay a bit more
My shop's actually less and much faster. Every big store sends it out, where as my photo shop does it all in house.

>you wouldn't get your film back
They don't return negs? wtf
>>
>>2730351
>They don't return negs?
Reminds me of this:

>work in a professional lab as a side job
>guy hands in two rolls of 35mm reversal film
>calls in day after he picked up the developed films
>complains about missing negatives
>>
>>2730348

I doubt the kid got fired. Probably just put in another department.
>>
>>2730348

He was fired not because of snapshits but because of lie and recklessness.
>>
>>2730065
>>>/int/
>>
>>2730406
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>2730319
>expecting something from walmart
>expecting to be compensated for fucking up and taking you shit to walmart
>make up a story so you can be compensated
>getting somebody fired over a 5-9 dollar roll of film
>>
>>2730348
>>2730349
>>2730425
>the world is literally shit and you should be okay with that
c'mon anons where have your morals gone
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.