[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
refrigeration procedure?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 0
so i had some provia in the fridge for like 5 months. it's in the canister in the packaging in a plastic bag, to like avoid ruining the film.

so I think i'm gonna start shooting it today. do i just leave the bag as it is and let it reach room temp? or should i open the package and have the canister out?

sorry i'm kind of retarded
>>
Kind of retarded is an understatement. Just pull it out of the fridge and fucking use it. Wait maybe 5 minutes if you can't handle it.
>>
Wait 6 hours in room temperature. Then open it.
>>
Leave it as it is until it warms up a bit. Also, you can shoot it straight away if it was not frozen.
>>
>>2729610
ahh, alright. thanks.
>>
>>2729607
just shoot it you tard, as if no film has ever been used in cold weather before
>>
>>2729607
The only thing you ever have to worry about with refrigerated film is condensation on the emulsion if you take it out in a warm, humid environment. If your house is pretty dry or you plan on shooting outside and it's cool then just grab it and shoot.
>>
Warm it in the microwave for a few minutes before you use it. If the film is cold the megapixels wont have had chance to warm up. I once made this mistake with Ilford XP2 and even though it's C-41 film the pictures had no colour because of the cold.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.