[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so my sister got one of these for christmas and it's actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
so my sister got one of these for christmas and it's actually pretty fun.

so I'm gonna get a polaroid. any suggestions or should I just go instax mini.? I'd prefer square format but not if it's gonna be way harder to find film.

in b4 massive hipster

i know
>>
File: 539456707_640.jpg (23 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
539456707_640.jpg
23 KB, 640x360
>>2729156
Unless you want to pay many times more for frame...

There's a instant wide too.
>>
I like the instax wide. some years ago I got my gf some Polaroid 600. 4 exposures since then as the Impossible films suck. You're certainly better off with some instax if you don't care about the 'real polaroid look'.
>>
>>2729163

don't the use the same film?

looking at instax mini 90 rn
>>
>>2729171
There's the Instax Mini and the Instax Wide film. different formats.
>>
just go 35mm bc cheaper film!!!
>>
>>2729186
Different completely though. Polaroid is instant gratification. You take it and it develops in front of your eyes.

35mm is a bit more of an involved process.

Polaroids or funky 35mm compacts are the ultimate party camera. I have a Konica Pop in bright pink and it starts conversations like nothing else
>>
>>2729212
>35mm party camera
How does that even work? You just take the pictures at a party and wait a week to see them? Sounds boring af
>>
wat
>>
>>2729212
>instant gratification
you consider digi?
>>
>>2729215
Novelty effect. It's a change from the selfie on an iPhone. Also you don't wait a week, you wait an hour. If I'm at a party on a Friday night, I'll go get the film developed on a Saturday Morning and go get a coffee while I wait.

>>2729228
Sort of out of the question here. The whole attraction to Polaroid is the same attraction to Vinyl. People are bored of digital
>>
File: img018.jpg (336 KB, 900x572) Image search: [Google]
img018.jpg
336 KB, 900x572
>>2729215
As somebody who does this I can say that it is really fun, but it's very different to the instant gratification of an Instax/Polaroid. If you want the fun of an instant camera, get an instant camera.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.3 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:12:03 21:15:38
>>
File: printsnap.jpg (97 KB, 640x455) Image search: [Google]
printsnap.jpg
97 KB, 640x455
Enjoy your expensive film cartridges,

I'm still waiting for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QsEOHIp4Vc

If its not out soon, ill make my own.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T2i
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Macintosh)
PhotographerMichael Ciuffo
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.7
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2050
Image Height1459
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:12:18 09:43:14
Exposure Time1/15 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/7.0
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length55.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width640
Image Height455
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2729240

>being awake the morning after a party

amateur
>>
Alternatively, there's Mint Instanflex TL70 that uses instax mini film on a true TLR camera and the Instax printer, portable WiFi enabled instax mini printer, it take a bit of the joy of instant cameras, but at least you have total control on the end result.
>>
>>2729246
I can't tell if this is real or not
>>
Just buy a DSLR faggot.

Each individual photo is much cheaper;
>>
>>2729215
>You just take the pictures at a party and wait a week to see them?

What is with this "week" meme that I keep seeing about film on this board?
>>
>>2729266
People here like to meme that it takes a week to develop film. As though 1 hour development hasn't been around for ages, or ya know, scanning.
>>
>>2729228
It's for the instant gratification of having a print from film to hand around, not passing around your huge DSLR so everyone can chimp the LCD and look at camera processed JPEGs.

>>2729240
>The whole attraction to Polaroid is the same attraction to Vinyl.

No, the attraction to Polaroid is that you get an instant fucking print to give to someone, is this so hard to understand? Taking 35mm film and then scanning it the next day and posting to FB is the same as digital in terms of its novelty.
>>
>>2729292
>sooc jpegs
lmao what the fuck are you doing on a photography board
>>
>>2729266

That's how you can tell someone hasn't shoot film and/or doesn't know how to develop it themselves.
>>
>>2729294
In case you didn't know, the digital preview in your camera is a basic processed JPEG, not your RAW.
>>
File: Todd-Howard.jpg (18 KB, 490x368) Image search: [Google]
Todd-Howard.jpg
18 KB, 490x368
Hey OP, just to let you know the Instax film is expensive as fuck. I bought a Neo Classic mini 90 for my mum for her birthday and since then, I've spent about $200 in film for her since she can't control herself with taking pictures.

I've told here I'm buying two more packets and not a single more for her.

Get ready to get your shit wrecked.
>>
>>2729156
Are you me?
My stepsiter got exactly the same
>>
Got my sister one last year actually. If you can get the medium format one. The mini is far too small
>>
>>2729156
Polaroids were for people too embarrassed to get nudes developed. They were garbage, and the photos get worse with age.
>>
>>2729430

>$200
>expensive as fuck

baka senpai. digital has cucked you good.
>>
>>2729156
Polaroid is good. 'roid rage.
>>
File: schoolgirl-nama-panties-set-1.jpg (63 KB, 540x447) Image search: [Google]
schoolgirl-nama-panties-set-1.jpg
63 KB, 540x447
>>2729831
>Polaroids were for people too embarrassed to get nudes developed.
Or if you wanted to sell the schoolgirls' panties while they were still fresh, but didn't want to wait for the roll to be filled and developed.

Plus you wind up with all these negatives of schoolgirls exposing themselves; that's just ... weird.
>>
>>2729246
This is utterly retarded.
Instax/Impossible-fag reporting.
>>
15.99 for INSTAX Wide film at B&H
>>
Don't go with the Polaroid and Impossible films... Spent $90 on 4 packs of film, totaling just 32 shots.

Get a 35mm, a $4 roll of Fuji, and print the pictures with a Polaroid border. It's not as fast, but it's a lot smarter, money-wise.

Or just get a digital and a printer that can wireless talk and send pictures to the printer as you take them. Modern 8x11 Polaroids. And you already look like a nerd for bringing the camera to the party, so go ahead and bring the printer also. It won't hurt.
>>
>>2729813
But the mini is basically a 645.
>>
>>2730367

645 is way too small.
>>
>>2729163

That actually looks pretty cool.
>>
>>2730367
645 on 100-400 speed negative or slide film through a professional glass lens is a lot different than 645 instant pack film through a small plastic lens designed for teenage girls.
>>
File: Nofun_robot.jpg (59 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
Nofun_robot.jpg
59 KB, 448x473
>>2730294
The absurdity of it is what makes it cool.
>>
>>2729281
Protip: 98% of one hour labs are utter trash that ruin your negatives and charge way more than places you mail your shit to.
>>
>>2729163
>the most creative camera
*hurl*
>>
>>2729281
local minilabs are pretty much extinct, bruh
>>
>>2730995
I live in a town of less than 20k people and it still has a minilab. At least in the UK, anywhere large enough to have a Boots store will have a minilab.
>>
>>2731034
Well, I guess there are certain benefits to living in a primitive backwater.
>>
>so
>>
>>2730072
they still use these in used panties stores in Japan. The girls get extra money if they go to a backroom where a guy takes pictures of them peeing in the panties before they go on sale.
>>
File: huuge.jpg (56 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
huuge.jpg
56 KB, 600x400
>>2729246

kek

do want
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.