[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got this for christmas, know next to nothing about photography.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 20151225_115156.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151225_115156.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
Got this for christmas, know next to nothing about photography.

Where do I start.
>>
Read the manual.
>>
dick pics
>>
>>2729124
Out of that apartment on Easby way. Better go take photos with it.

Or else. Cool bush!

:^)
>>
>>2729124
Return it.

>1200D
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>2729124
Since no one else is gonna help you I will.

>Start here and learn about shutter speed, ISO, aperature, focal length, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzgALhGF8_o
>>
>>2729160
Disregard this and instead use Gavin Hoey. Linked channel is full of dildos
>>
>>2729160
Why did you green text that you massive faggot
>>
http://lifehacker.com/5815742/basics-of-photography-the-complete-guide

>Understanding How Your Digital Camera Works

>Your Camera's Automatic and Assisted Settings

>Your Camera's Manual Settings

>Composition and Technique

>Editing Images in Post

Once you learn manual settings, put your camera in manual mode and keep it there.
>>
>>2729257
>Once you learn manual settings, put your camera in manual mode and keep it there.
This is one of the most stupid things camera faggots are prone to say.

One you understand your cameras settings, and what they are useful for, choose them according to the nature of your subject matter.
>>
>>2729300
This. I shoot manual when I am taking deliberate shots that I specifically want to manipulate, if I am experimenting, or if automatic doesn't give me the look that I want. Other than that I just shoot automatic.

That being said, you should know how manual works, so that you can use it when you want to.
>>
>>2729257
>Once you learn manual settings, put your camera in manual mode and keep it there.

>Once you learn to use your socket wrench, use your socket wrench for all jobs no matter what.

Don't.
>>
wow must be nice to get a 7D for christmas

anyway, study up on the master

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+americans+robert+frank&espv=2&biw=1410&bih=780&site=webhp&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwimrv_tzvjJAhXI7SYKHbFcDP8QsAQIGw&dpr=0.9#
>>
File: IMG_7474.jpg (351 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7474.jpg
351 KB, 1500x1000
>>2729318
NIGGERFAGOT thats no 7d
anyways OP, just watch some vids on youtube, avoid this place for the next 2 years of shooting and practice practice practice. find something worth shooting too

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T1i
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution220 dpi
Vertical Resolution220 dpi
Image Created2015:12:19 13:13:36
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length24.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2729124
Youtube "digital photography basics" or "photography basics" there is vast amount of free information on youtube.

Also search youtube for guides for your camera.
>>
>>2729317
>>2729314
>>2729300
You don't have to use Manual exclusively until the day you die, but using it when you're starting out is really helpful. Using Manual mode hammers into your head what exactly each setting does and what settings need to be changed and how to suit your environment or desired outcome. And because you're more aware of your settings, it's easier to look back at your photos and think "I should have used a lower ISO" or "my shutter speed was too slow". It practically forces you to learn how to use your camera.
>>
>>2729124
You're supposed to start with film.
>>
>>2729340
dpreview is also good
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.