[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /p/, I got a question. What kind of cameras do professionals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 8043195695_b009b1c4a5.jpg (111 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
8043195695_b009b1c4a5.jpg
111 KB, 500x333
Hey /p/, I got a question.

What kind of cameras do professionals use to shoot photos? DSLR, point-and-shoot, or mirrorless?
>>
All three.

DSLR's are most common.
>>
All three. DSLRs are more common because they're easier to build a system around.

I.E. you're doing a wedding and you want a bunch of remote flashes, to do it well you pretty much gotta go for a DSLR.

Many pros lately are switching to
>Do I need to handle heavy lenses? Am I going to be comfortable?
DSLR

>Heavy equipment isn't necessary? I'm on a tight schedule with a lot of space to travel?
Mirrorless

P&S are tricky. Many pros like them for some peculiar work, but they're niche cameras for niche works, when it comes to pro stuff. You could, say, do a quick fashion shoot in a very claustrophobic setting with an RX100 fitting where no DSLR ever could. Stuff like that.
>>
The one that is with them. Except m4/3 and Pantex lol
>>
>>2728460

Pros only shoot Canon full-frame DSLRs with L series lenses.
>>
The ones that you can load with film.
>>
>>2728460
bullets
>>
File: JL.png (302 KB, 617x407) Image search: [Google]
JL.png
302 KB, 617x407
Just use a sony and you'll be good.
>>
>>2728460
>inb4 over 250 replies
>inb4 thread still alive in a month
>>
>>2728533
I generally like his videos when he's not shilling, but the amount of retard Sony users who follow him is cringeworthy
>>
>inb4 mirrorless vs DSLR war
>inb4 medium format discussion
>inb4 film is not dead

It's amazing how you still fall for this bait.
>>
>>2728460
medium format phase one.
pentacks 645z for the poor ones.
>>
Pros will use anything in their gear that will allow them to get the shot they want.

Point & shoots are usually used for specialized stuff. An underwater P&S is all of $200, versus a $2000 underwater case for their $2000 camera, so it's more economic to use something like that for occasional jobs.

Mirror less cameras are becoming more mainstream for professional use, mostly in wedding, portrait, art, travel, and landscape. Stuff that isn't so dependent on speed, but where a lighter camera system can help mobility.

DSLR's are still the top choice for sports, journalists, etc.
>>
>>2728625
>>inb4 medium format discussion

how can be medium format discussion "bait" you colossal pleb
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.