[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello /p/, boxing day around the corner and i plan to purchase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 28.jpg (996 KB, 2048x1252) Image search: [Google]
28.jpg
996 KB, 2048x1252
hello /p/,

boxing day around the corner and i plan to purchase a full frame camera for high iso capabilities as I plan to pickup astro photography and general night street shots as a hobby.

right now the nikon d5300 with the following lens
-AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
-AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VRII

For $800 CAD

Is it worth it, what alternatives can you recommend?
>>
>>2728457
>nikon d5300
that's not full frame
>>
>>2728457

>i plan to purchase a full frame camera
>right now the nikon d5300

are you mentally retarded? save grandma's money for something fun this is clearly too complex for you lol.
>>
>>2728457
>D5300
>FF

Topkek, anon. The D5300 is an APS-C DSLR. Get the D600/D610 if you want full frame.
>>
Get the AF-S SX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 GTX VR II and the AF-S SX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6 GTX ED VR III instead, they're ripping you off (look on the plate over over the lenses in your shop, they like to switch them and get the better one for themselves). Those lenses are the ones with more power.
>>
>>2728457
You wanna do low light and your not getting a fast prime......
>>
>>2728484
His getting full frame you pleb.
>>
>>2728457
I have two options for you to consider near the budget you posted.
1.: Full frame camera with a fast standard prime
Sony A7 with a 50mm prime, there are more cameras but they are a lot more expensive. (Canon 6D, Nikon D750, Sony A7S, A7II)

2.: A camera with smaller sensor but still having good low light performance.
Nikon D7100, D7200, D3200, D3300
Pentax K-30/K-50, K-S2, K-5, K-5II/IIs, K-3/K-3II

Pentax also has a very clever feature called Astrotracer for astrophotography, using the sensor shift stabilization to track the sky, giving you a lot more exposure time. K-3II has it built in, the others need a GPS addon (O-GPS1).
I use it with my K-3 and it is very effective and also makes for a very portable and easy setup.
Perfect for beginner astrophotographers.

If you plan on getting a full astro kit with a Newtonian and a tracking EQ mount then Nikons have support for a good software called BackyardNikon. This is extremely pricy though, I wouldn't recommend to start out with this. First you have to know how to set things up, and on a DSLR a short refractor scope or longer tele lens gives the easiest results. Think 300-500mm focal length and 72mm or bigger aperture (300/4.5, 400/5.6 for tele lens)

We also have an astrophotography thread, if you have questions ask them here >>2710248
>>
File: serious quico.jpg (10 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
serious quico.jpg
10 KB, 320x400
>>2728510
So, all that fuss for that little thingy and at the end of the day all you get is this: >>2710349 ?
kek
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.