[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Photojournalism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Levine-01.jpg (293 KB, 1227x818) Image search: [Google]
Levine-01.jpg
293 KB, 1227x818
How does one into photojournalism. I'm not really talking about being a staff photographer for Reuters. Do any of these guys/gals just go shoot images of events and cold call newspapers? This sort of photography was always the kind that kind of got me excited about things. The necessity of telling a story, exposing well (esp when RIP RAW Reuters), composing well etc. And most of all, getting balls deep in the shit. Getting some photos.

So far the best I can do is wait for a gay pride march or something outside and take pictures of police and gays in contrast.

Is there some way I can get my ear to the ground and find out about important events around that are worth photographing?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS-1D Mark II N
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2010:09:24 07:42:34
Exposure Time1/4000 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating320
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length200.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width3504
Image Height2336
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2726691
>no hood on the 70-200

this triggers me
>>
>>2726694
maybe she didn't want it to fall off in the chaos.
>>
>you will never be a photojournalist
>photojournalism is fucking dead
>tfw will never be the next Don McCullin
>>
Photojournalists have lost to dudes that happen to be there with cell phones and will let the news use it for free.
>>
>>2726696
Maybe it actually did.
>>
There are a lot of things you can do. Document something over time (people, places, etc), look for contrasts in society you live in, or like you mentioned, document an event.

The more you do it, the better you get. I got into photography this last June just for this reason - and I shoot film only :)
>>
File: 2774597-pal.jpg (62 KB, 496x501) Image search: [Google]
2774597-pal.jpg
62 KB, 496x501
>>2727037
>and I shoot film only :)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.