[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about getting an a6000 with the cash I get for Christmas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Z-sony-a6000-flash-up.jpg (104 KB, 1024x804) Image search: [Google]
Z-sony-a6000-flash-up.jpg
104 KB, 1024x804
Thinking about getting an a6000 with the cash I get for Christmas because my NX1000 broke. What can you guys tell me about this camera? I'm planning on picking it up with the 16-50mm lens and buying some adapters for some really nice MD and FD lenses I have. Is the 16-50 worth the extra $150 or would I be able to shoot everyday with my manual lenses, I've gotten pretty used to them on my NX1000 without peaking so I think it might not be that bad and I save some cash.
>>
I really do not like the sony 16-55, but it's probably worth $150.
>>
>>2726028
Op here. I'm pretty much just thinking about getting it so I have a lens for just running around and shit. What do you not like about it?
>>
>>2726032
There's no bad modern lens from any non chink company (like those Bowers 6000000000mm lenses).

They go from good to great to excellent...don't let gearfags convince you otherwise. Photographers throughout history would kill to shoot with the shittiest of kit lenses that we have available today.
>>
it's a pretty decent lens, especially for it's price.
go for it anon and you won't be disappointed. just keep in mind, autofocus rips your battery very fast.
>>
>>2726012
>fastest autofocus mirrorless
>buy manual lens.
get the 16-50. you can resell it later.
>>
>>2726032
>just running around and shit
You've got the right idea. The lens isn't too hot until you stop down, but the size makes it very convenient to take with you, or have in your car, or on your desk at work, etc. I'm hesitant to say it's worth $150 per se, but it does make for a very portable combo and that's worth something.
I also have a couple of nice FD lenses that I sometimes use with the a6000 (FDn 35mm f2, FDn 100mm f2), but it stops being a casual experience when you throw something like that on.
>>
just use the manual lenses and invest the extra money in another battery
>>
>>2726012
> What can you guys tell me about this camera?
It's neat. Really neat.

> and buying some adapters for some really nice MD and FD lenses I have
I also have some MD lenses, they work just fine. They actually work better for me than on any other camera before, including the original Minolta body, heh.

But I sure do like shooting native high-end lenses more. They are just sharper for the 24MP this camera has. And having the camera body's nice AF is neat, too.

I realize most of them aren't cheap, but perhaps get a 28mm Sony f/2, 60mm f/2.8 Sigma Art, or whatever suits you best anyways. Good glass makes this camera amazingly nice.
>>
>>2726221
> and invest the extra money in another battery
A 3rd party battery costs like $5 / piece. Certainly won't get in the way of buying lenses.
>>
>>2726064
mine is pretty sharp wide open.
>>
If you want a cheap native AF lens, consider the cheap 30mm Sigma as well.
>>
OP Here.
I've decided to go ahead and get the Body with the 16-50mm lens. I just ordered the adapters so I have them when I get the camera. Thanks to everyone who helped me out.
>>
>>2726272
how much did you pay for the kit? enjoy it dude and merry christmas to you
>>
>>2726289
I haven't gotten it yet but the camera will be $550(usd) and the 2 adapters were $24 off ebay. Down the road I plan on getting a good tripod and a Lowepro hatchback 16l backpack.
>>
>>2726225
buy 100 dollars worth of batterys and boom
never charge again
>>
The kit lens is absolute shit but if it's what you can get, it's what you can get.
>>
Am I the only one here that's not a fan of the camera? The body is flimsy, AF is meh and the EVF is terrible.
>>
The lens is the worse AF lens in recent history (I'm not kidding), but it does have decent resell value for some strange reason.
>>
I'm still an amateur with cameras but I have a Sony a6000, I don't even know what lens I have lol, but I've taken pictures and videos before. Look up, Exotic Motions "Bad Ass" on YouTube. This was filmed with it, maybe you can get an idea.
>>
the kit lens isn't absolute shit at all. but my 44m f/2 helios lens, has better tones and reacts much better to the light, than the kit lens. you can pick one for like 20$ so I guess there are many cheap options If you could sell the kit lens for a decent price.
>>
>>2726677
body is solid. af is fast. evf is fine.
the only flimsy part is the kit lens.

>>2726689
the 16-50 is sharper than my 18-55. almost as sharp as my sigma 30 2.8. the only problem, at 30mm it's f5.

maybe my 18-55 is a lemon.
>>
It's a great camera, I used to use one as my go to. It's a very fast camera all round except mine used to take about 10 seconds to turn on for the first time in the day - after that it was fine. The IQ is great but only if you have a lens sharp enough to take advantage of all the megapixies, most lenses don't have enough resolution to keep up to the IQ is about the same as most other APSC based cameras around. Definitely get some sharp as fuck lenses with good resolution.

I sold mine simply because I didn't enjoy using it as much as my fuji cameras. Sony cameras are good they just have no soul. If that kinda thing isn't important to you then they are a great buy.
>>
>>2726677
> The body is flimsy
It's magnesium alloy or something. A typical enthusiast camera body, nothing flimsy about it.

> AF is meh
It is great. Use a native, sharp prime lens if it's not great enough with the kit lenses.

> the EVF is terrible
At least as good as an OVF, but not the best EVF ever... sure.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.