[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Changing image size
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Hey /p/, I bought a used camera yesterday and took a couple of pictures today. When I come home to edit them, I realize that the pictures are 16 mbs in size, and they come in a CR2 format? Is there any way I can change the size of the pictures and change the format, if not, is it something that has to do with the camera itself?
>>
help?????
>>
>>2724921
Could you truly not have used google for this?
>>
>>2724941
suppose I could. can you answer my question?
>>
this thread fucking sucks
>>
>>2724946
The answer is literally yes to everything you asked.
You can change the size and the format and yes it has something to do with the camera.
>>
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahaha
hnnnnnnnnng

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2724967
as opposed to figuratively yes?
>>
>>2724921

No you cannot change the size or format of the pictures, that is set by the camera manufacturer.
>>
>>2724921
In case you are not a troll, don't listen to >>2725008
You can set all those things in camera, you can also export your RAW files (.CR2 in your case) into JPEGs in camera.
I'd recommend though to stay with shooting RAW and get a RAW converter like Lightroom and learn to bring out the most of your shots.
>>
>>2724921
The shitposting is phenomenal. I'm not a photographer of any sorts, but I picked up on image size from photoshop. The answer is yes you can (which you probably already knew), raw (CR2) files carry the most information so they're huge and as >>2725069 said, its best to keep your camera settings in raw, because that way if you want to edit the file at all it provides the most flexibility. You can definitely toggle the camera options so that it converts all the photos you take to jpeg. Changing image size and file type on a pc can be done with lots of programs but basically you should know what you plan to do with your photos. e.g. if you're printing them then perhaps the best idea is not to reduce their size and consider adjusting the ppi between 200-300 if you're desperately looking to reduce size.
>>
>>2725077
>>2724921
Also, read the sticky.
>>
>>2725001
Literally yes.
>>
>>2725069
>>2725077

thanks m8s
>>
Way to go turds!

Next up on /p/, "What button do I press to take a picture?"
>>
>>2725202
Shutter button
>>
>>2725202
what's your problem?
>>
>>2724921
change RAW to any other one
Probably large/fine, should be around 5MB per pic
>>
Download Irfanview at www.irfanview.com It's free, comes in 32 & 64 bit versions for windows. Resizes, crops and a whole lot more. Works with a shit-load of graphics formats and converts from one to another
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.