[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How cheap are camera parts in the countries they're made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
How cheap are camera parts in the countries they're made in?

If I went to thailand would shit be really cheap?
>>
>>2724832
>If I went to thailand would shit be really cheap
No, dummy. Companies manufacture in foreign countries so they can make bigger profits not pass savings along to the consumer.
>>
>>2724883
is wrong,

People travel to Hong Kong to buy cameras and film cause of the price difference.
There were duty free store in the China airports I went to and as well as in Thailand, with tons and tons and tons of lenses and bodies.

Thailand's MBK mall has a floor dedicated to electronics, and the deals there are far better than in America.
>>
>>2724890
Fuck off.

There are TWO serious camera shops in MBK one on the ground floor and one on the 3rd or 4th (whatever level you arrive at when you enter from the BTS). They are both owned by the same company. All the other 'Electronics' are mostly mobile phones and games.

In Hong Kong the prices are roughly consistent with international prices. PLUS in both places you will only get local warranty.

In both places you can get cheap Chinese made accessories but don't expect to save on your Sorry, Fudji or Canikon shit.

Duty free shops are the worst places on the planet to buy ANY kind of electronics.

Source: I know these places really fucking well
>>
I rive in thairand.

No
It's not cheaper

Prices are generally in line with elsewhere I guess.

Don't listen to the mbk fag, the other mbk anon is right.
That floor filled with grey market electric junk has nothing and it's not worth the risk for a temporary entrant. Never had been. Mostly phone junk these days anyway.

I use fuji anyway (made in japan) so this price/country of manufacture disrepancy with sony and nikon et. al. doesn't bother me.
Got my best deals in australia with store discount + fuji cashback deal + airport tourist tax refund
(saved thousands of baht)

These kinds of compound deals are unheard of here. Greedy distributors.

Never bothered checking much camera prices when in hong kong, but noticed that with a lot of consumer electronics that it was either the same price or cheaper here (!!)
I found this very strange as in the past hk was the place bangkokians went ti buy stuff they wanted because it was too overpriced or just nit available here.
Times have changed (though not for luxury goods which are taxed to hell and definitely are cheaper in hk).

So no
Not really cheap
Sometimes inexplicably more expensive
Maybe you can get a tourist discount to help
But better to just use your country's special deals etc., like Americans have their black friday (wish i could indulge in that one day).
>>
I feel like most of the Nikon etc stuff that's expensive enough to be worth trying to get a discount on is still made in Japan, but maybe that's changing. Isn't the Thai-made stuff mostly kit lenses, entry-level crop bodies, and a couple of the cheap 1.8 primes?
>>
>>2725020
The D750 and 28-300 VR I own are both MI Thailand.

Ken Rockwell tells you where anything is made, its on the Quality section of his reviews.

Pretty sure my cheap 50 1.8 G is made in China
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.