[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
einstein 640
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 772421.png (306 KB, 640x510) Image search: [Google]
772421.png
306 KB, 640x510
just ordered one of these bad boys

i've been using a promaster sm180 on location for a ton of shoots and figured I'd upgrade to a better strobe,.

this mofo seems like the best for the buck, I already have the vagabond mini power supply so it's on now.

i bought the silver beauty dish (comes with a sock so i guess its white too) planning on taking the shield out and using it as a softbox some as well.

can anyone suggest a good large octobox for the pcb lights?

I think i'll use my other strobes as slaves to fire with it. along with my speedlight, will their shitty quality of light cause problems?

ALSO im shooting a 5dmk3
canons fastest sync speed is rated 200 but the speed of my flash is supposed to be like 1/13,000 - do I just need to get a ND filter or does anyone know a way to make use of this

THANKS
>>
>>2724643
>ALSO im shooting a 5dmk3
>canons fastest sync speed is rated 200 but the speed of my flash is supposed to be like 1/13,000 - do I just need to get a ND filter or does anyone know a way to make use of this

how did you drop this much coin and not know how flash sync speed works?
>>
>>2724654
well; in hs I can get much higher than 1/200s with a speed light. Wasn't sure if there was any sorcerers here that could shed some light on my inquiry

then there's you, wobbling around with your pajamas and smoking your e cig
>>
>>2724643
>can anyone suggest a good large octobox for the pcb lights?
PCB sells them.

> fastest sync speed is rated 200 but the speed of my flash is supposed to be like 1/13,000 - do I just need to get a ND filter or does anyone know a way to make use of this
If you still have too much light with 1/200, ISO 100, then yes, you need to get an ND. Not sure why you're mentioning the duration of the flash here though.
>>
>>2724686

Well, I was going to answer your question, but you got childish, so now you can fuck yourself.
>>
>>2724643
I have two of these with the vagabond mini. I sold my Alien Bee B800 and am just going to get a reflector to replace it.

Einsteins are CHAMPS. I use the 47" octobox available on Paul C Buff and it creates beautiful light.

Also, it's worth purchasing the CyberCommander. It makes life so much easier.
>>
>>2724697
Good to know! Any photos you can post?
>>
>>2724697
op here; I got the cyber commander coming with it -- can't wait to play -- not sure if i'll need 2 einsteins tho. Most of my stuff is just one light; will probably use the speedlight on a stand for extra umpf. Do you think the promaster will be of any use or just a hassle?
&
Are you using a c stand? I've read the "fingers" for the buff stuff make people nervous as well - thanks for you input bruv

>>2724693
implying you could & you were rude first. If a lizard takes shots; I shoot back. gfy & git gud ez pz

>>2724699
this isn't me
>>
>>2724708
>git gud ez pz

says the guy who understands neither sync speed nor flash duration.
>>
>>2724710
how mad?
>>
>>2724711

Not at all mad. Why would I be? Seems like you're the one who's rump ravaged at outing themselves as a dummy to a group of their peers.
>>
>>2724712
its anonymous...
you've got to be bum burned; taint troubled; pooper pained; shitter shattered; anally annihilated, orifice obliterated & completely booty bothered to think that asking questions makes me a dummy LOL
>>
File: 1450385693400.jpg (31 KB, 502x432) Image search: [Google]
1450385693400.jpg
31 KB, 502x432
>>2724712
>>
>>2724643
bump
>>
>>2724643
Op get pocketwizards bro. future proof for when you go profoto
>>
>>2724699
Of my set up or my results?
>>
>>2724708
Man, I would LOVE me some C-Stands. They're useful for much more than just holding lights up. Too bad they're so expensive. I just got some Impact "heavy-duty" light stands that I've used indoors and outdoors, including some windy days (though that was with the beauty dish, not the Octobox). Just be sure to bring a sandbag to stabilize them and you'll be fine. The 47" Octobox is massive but the stand hasn't tipped over yet, even while extended to nine feet with no weight to hold it down (wouldn't do that outdoors, though)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.