[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sisters having a baby so i want to give her a decent camera so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
Sisters having a baby so i want to give her a decent camera so all her baby photos aren't taken on an iphone 4s...

Was going to give her my old DSLR but then i realised she's incompetent with technology and it will get no use. Any advice for a good point & shoot below £220?
>>
nobody here can make use of any number paired together with "£"

but i'd say for technology idiots canon s110/120 or something like that
>>
>>2724018
Heard terrible things about the lens errors with that one
>>
>>2724015
>picked 6 camera
>they're all shit bridge and superzooms
you're beyond help.
>>
For the love of god don't give her a bridge camera unless you really, really hate her
>>
>>2724018
>not recognising the strongest currency on earth

gg though
>>
GEAR THREAD
E
A
R

T
H
R
E
A
D
>>
>>2724015
sony rx100 i, ii, iii or iv
canon g7x, g5x, g3x or g9x
panasonic fz1000
sony a5000, a5100 or a6000
nikon coolpix a
canon eos m or m3
ricoh gr
olympus epl6
panasonic g7 or gf7
>>
What's wrong with the iPhone?

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm just wondering why she needs a big fancy camera to take a few simple shots.
>>
>>2724080
>Homos only there

Can't :(
>>
Fuji X100. If you put everything on auto and tell her not to fuck with it, she'll be fine.
>>
>>2724015
Who do you think you are to tell your sister can't properly use a DSLR, she'll probably take better shots than yours even without leaving the auto zone. And if you want to give her a camera pick a nice compact, for the love of God not a bridge
>>
>>2724089

Why did she need a big fancy phone?
>>
>>2724089
This. Iphone 4s can shoot pictures just as good as a point and shit. She'll always have it with her and its super easy to use.
>>
>>2724089
Agreed. With her phone she's going to have ease of use and decent enough quality for doing what she truly wants: uploading to her hugbook for likes.

If she wants prints and you're worried that the phone quality wouldn't suffice, she ought to find a local studio that'll shoot a session nearby. They'll even give her a physical album if she requests
>>
D3200 + 35mm 1.8g

Best budget combo.
>>
>>2724065
I see why you post on /p/ and not /biz/ or /sci/.
>>
Canon PowerShot SX600 18x Zoom

http://www.amazon.ca/Canon-PowerShot-Optical-Digital-Camera/dp/B00HLDFQU8
>>
Oh whoops sorry wrong one

Nikon s7000

NIKON COOLPIX S7000 16.1 Digital Camera with 3.0-Inch TFT LCD
>>
>>2724054
kek
>>
File: iu-6.jpg (11 KB, 244x300) Image search: [Google]
iu-6.jpg
11 KB, 244x300
Nikon D4s + Nikkor 85mm 1.4 is the only real option.
>>
>>2724473
a7r ii + 35mm f1.4
>>
Went for a sony rx100, cheers everyone
>>
Sony RX1R II. It is the perfect camera for plebs to get FF-tier shots.

> below £220
She is going to pay like $200-500k+ for that baby until it is 18.

Decent cameras to at least get some photographs from it will cost her like 1% of that. No reason to go cheap here.
>>
You guys could just pointed this guy to dpreview buying guide/gear thread and get this done with. OP doesn't know anything, why are you listing 10+ options >>2724086?
>>
>>2724473
>buying a D4s two months before the D5 is released.
>>
>>2724567
What would you recommend then?
>>
>>2724015
all point and shoots below that cost will be pretty close to the quality and low light ability of her 4s. and add a hundred pounds more to your budget and suddenly you're in a price bracket where it's a lot easier to find a good camera. could also do a group gift. Have her make a baby registry at some retail store, some of them give you a bunch of money off an item if you do that. it's also easier to pitch in on an expensive gift with other people.
>>
sony rx100 II second hand?
or just get her a d3300 and set it on P or auto
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.