[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p/ book 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled.png (247 KB, 924x740) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
247 KB, 924x740
>2015 is almost ded.
>/p/ makes a book everi year.

It will make one this year.

Someone needs to elect themselves as leader, collect submissions, coordinate a group of curators, and assemble that shitfight into something that can be printed and bound and bought by the overly keen, or downloaded as a pdf by everyone else.

This is the thread where the leader will be chosen.
This is the thread where we will determine the categories and criteria for selection.

I humbly submit that this years book should be split into two halves, B&W and Colour, because having them mixed in together makes for a very jarring viewing experience.

I also humbly submit that only photos posted on /p/ in the 2015 calendar year should be eligible.
None of this niksudrabs or gervin swooping in and getting 6 submissions because he put a link in a fucking flickr thread one time bullshit.
If you didn't participate in the board, you don't get /p/ book glory.

>let the shitfight begin
>>
I am the Führer. I will also be a curator of this fucking book. Don't have the nerves to wait for Iggy put his shit together this time. Color & B/W. Every anon can submit three images.

Anyone against what I just wrote? No? Good. The entire thing (rules etc) will be posted tomorrow.

Who wants to be a curator?
>>
>>2723473

No curation this year. It's antithetical to /p/ and the democratic nature of 4chins.
>>
>>2723463
Whats ISI's instagram account? Who the fuck is isi
>>
>>2723473
10 submissions, up to 3 can get in instead?
Some people just can't curate their own work.
>>
>>2723473
OP here, I don't really care who the fuhrer is, as long as you're a person who's prepared to be consultative, and who has the actual technical ability to create a book layout and submit it for publishing. And you're emotionally stable enough that you won't have a hissy fit and throw in the towel if someone hurts your feelings. And you're not a fucking beaner with jungle internet that means you won't even have the submissions downloaded until February.

I think arbitrary limits on submissions don't really help anything much.
Also, it's an anonymous board, and if you don't let people submit anonymously, tru anons won't. So who can really tell if someone submits 40 pictures using sockpuppets? It doesn't matter, the cream rises to the top.
>>
>>2723463
I disagree that b&w and colour should be split. Last year's book blended so well, it was a very smooth transition between categories.
>>
>>2723484
Well last years book tended to split the two anyway, just putting the B&Ws at the end of each section, if I recall.
But that's the reason I say it should be completely split; I feel like when you're comparing a colour and a B&W photo, say at the curation stage, a colour photo's more likely to get the nod.
Any 2014 curators feel like weighing in?
As far as presentation goes too, it could be cool to have the book able to be opened from both directions, flipped one way for B&W and one way for colour, and meeting in the middle.
>yes fine I admit I'm a butthurt B&W photographer
>>
No categories.
No curation.
>>
Can someone point to books from previous years? I would really like to take a look.
>>
>>2723488
>I would really like to take a look.

It's in a book.
>>
>>2723491

READING RAINBOW!!
>>
i dont recall having witnessed a good photo thread this year here.
>>
>>2723475
>>2723487
What do you even mean by this?
That the book should just be every photo that every retard thinks they should submit, in no order?
Are you insane?
>do you like noise "music" too?
>>
>>2723463
I think maybe 4 major chapters/sections would be good for each half.

e.g portraits, architect, street, and wild and wonderful

don't get too butt hurt only a suggestion.

also if you guise need a designer Im a graphic designer by name and trade.
>>
>>2723463
>I humbly submit that this years book should be split into two halves, B&W and Colour, because having them mixed in together makes for a very jarring viewing experience.
Retarded.

>I also humbly submit that only photos posted on /p/ in the 2015 calendar year should be eligible.
Yeah, good luck policing that retardism.

It should be just like the last two years. Get a group of curators. Organinze it somewhat into categories so there's some flow. Give plenty of notices before the deadline (which should be sometime in mid-January, like always, since people will be taking photos and getting film developed at the end of the year).
>>
>>2723487
I've been on the curation team the last two years. While most people submit good stuff---better than expected on average---there is always some absolute shit.
>>
>>2723502
What was the worst you've ever seen?
>>
>>2723488
http://pseudosticky.wikia.com/#Learn_to_Pee
>>
>>2723496

The first two books had no curation and were great. You faggots are trying to turn a populist, democratic photography board into some tryhard, masturbatory pretendo 'zine.

Also, yes, I listen to musique concrete. It's interesting stuff. I don't get down to it all the time, but it's good to expose yourself to new ideas that you find challenging. Try it some time.
>>
>>2723463
I'd rather see a joke book a la Tilted Bears than a serious book.
>>
>>2723516
Oh and the reason for this is gets boring surprising in everyone's best work. If you're here decently often you've seen it already. It also doesn't allow for decent cohesion because how different all of us are. Add into that the butthurt and srsbuziness attitude that goes with it and that's just shit we don't need. If this site needs anything, it's to lighten up and have fun with photography.
>>
>>2723518
*nothing is surprising in everyone's best work
>>
>>2723516
Last years one was awesome. 1 and 2

Loved it a lot. Maybe this year will be better. Someone sort this shit out.
>>
>>2723476

>being this new
>>
>>2723514
>weak trolling attempt
2/10
>>
>>2723566

>I DISAGREE, SO IT MUST BE TROLLING

Go look at the books that BJDrew and Natureguy put together if you don't believe me. They are a much better and more representative sample of /p/ in those days.
>>
>>2723570
This reminded me of that image of Greek/roman/whatever philosophers and /p/ trips labels on em. Anyone still got that image?
>>
File: 1420952174833.jpg (17 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1420952174833.jpg
17 KB, 500x334
where is the book brazillian
>>
>>2723476
anyone?
>>
>>2723514
did the first two books include every photo that was submitted?
>>
>>2723595

revealing personal info is frowned upon round these parts. if she cares to share it sometime soon, you'll get it. otherwise, you'll just have to lurk some of the tripfag instagrams. you'll find him eventually.

>>2723596

no, you were allowed one photo.
>>
>>2723608
right, but if each person submitted just one photo, was that photo always accepted into the book?
>>
>>2723609

yep.
>>
>>2723612
>>2723608
Sounds awful.
The concept of all-inclusiveness and self-moderation is the reason the RPTs are garbage dumps I never visit.
There really is no reason to include a brand new NEXbabby's SOOC snapshit of their keyboard or backyard in the /p/ book.
>>
>>2723507
Honestly, it's not so much shit that you'd rage about. It's more some poor kid who just got his first DSLR, doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, and is taking pictures of random shit in the park. It's the type of shit that even the photographer will regret a year from now, the type of shit that nobody would want in a book.

Although, I also seem to remember some fairly heated discussions about borderline tasteful/tasteless nude shit and whether or not people would want that in a book on their coffee table.
>>
>>2723575
Fuck off, omi. Go play with your D5100.
>>
>>2723641
The difference for the first book was that Bart would put good photos on a single page by themselves and then lump all the shit together in little collages. I totally get that the concept of inclusiveness sounds like a disaster, but when everything wasn't given the same space, it sorta worked.

NG's book, I think, was luck. Everybody got in equally, but the submissions were consistently higher in quality than Bart's book. I think Bart's book had some of the best photos of any book, but it also had some of the worst. I'm not saying either was better or worse.
>>
>>2723476
ISI's account has been terminated due to supporting terrorism.
>>
File: 1307853339659.jpg (2 MB, 2264x1400) Image search: [Google]
1307853339659.jpg
2 MB, 2264x1400
endless feels for whichever you buggers is dumb enough to give this a go

>>2723575

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePaint.NET v3.36
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
>>
>>2723847
>Photoshop(r)
:(

He was so helpful.
>>
I mean, I have vacation this time around so no drama on that part.

>no categories
The books never had categories.

>curation
It was mostly just choosing from the 6 pictures everyone sent.

Up to you guys.
>>
>>2723864
I'm throwing my support behind Iggles. He's here. He's got a good system. He's willing to do it.

We will never have a system that everybody likes. It ain't gonna happen. No use fixing what ain't broken.
>>
>>2723847

troll post

AC responds
>>
>>2723866
nice try iggy
>>
>>2723570
All the books are a representative sample of /p/. The curation everyone was pissed about only blocked, like, five total submissions, because they were complete dog shit. If you think the photos are worse, it's because /p/ is worse, because of people like you, making posts like this, in stead of taking photos, and helping people improve with constructive input.
>>
>>2723487
so you want 1k pictures in random order?
I'd have very general categories at least
also some loose curation
>>
So when is this normally released and where can we submit our pictures?
>>
>>2723930

lol wut.

>>2723943

i think that you're vastly overestimating the number of people who will submit photos. You're looking at maybe 100 photos. Order would be alphabetical.
>>
>>2723465

Iggy is better than you will ever be.
>>
>>2723847
Wow wasn't I mistaken
That's the one, thanks nature guy

>>2723831
I don't have it anymore man, sold it, a nice family down south bought it for their daughters xmas prezzy
>>
>>2724030
>lol wut.
Oh yeah, good point, nevermind.
>>
>>2723475
True. I support this idea.

>>2723477
Yes, I agree. One can actually submit loads of images - I wouldn't mind - but only three will get the chance of being part of the book. Either curate for yourself, pick the best ones and submit them or the Führer will do it.

>>2723482
I have no problem with that.
>hissy fit
Never ever, anon. I never gave a fuck. My body is ready.
>>
>>2724099

Your barely cogent point doesn't really deserve a refutation as much as it deserves ridicule. I post a fuckton of photos and am generally a positive contributor around these parts. Just because you disagree with my opinion doesn't make me the problem. It says something about you, however.
>>
>>2724219
I post more photos than you do, and am more of a positive contributer than you are, so I'm still right.
>>
>>2724225

lol k.
>>
File: OlyInfinityTriX12.jpg (311 KB, 1159x800) Image search: [Google]
OlyInfinityTriX12.jpg
311 KB, 1159x800
>>2724219
>>2724225
I post more pictures and am a more positive contributor than either of you little boislutts.
Stop shitting in my thread.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 550D
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.0.8
Serial Number1132529712
Lens NameEF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2015:12:08 17:31:13
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length100.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1159
Image Height800
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModePartial
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeUnknown
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeTimed
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Self-Timer Length10 sec
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceDaylight
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed160
Color Matrix129
>>
>>2723516
>>2723518
>>2723521
I actually like this idea.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I'm gonna submit you niggers figure out everything else. Tyty

Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 4S
Camera Software6.1.2
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2013:09:12 20:22:36
Exposure Time1/15 sec
F-Numberf/2.4
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/2.4
Brightness-2.1 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length4.28 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3264
Image Height2448
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
When do the submissions open? I need time to figure out which photo of mine to submit
>>
Can it be dedicated to bass??
>>
>>2723463
Everyone can submit a single photo, and it will be judged good enough for the book by an anonymous panel of 7 judges. Curation will NOT be gentle. A /p/ book to remind us of what we can be capable of, and what the board can be if we stop with all the bullshit, pick up one of our far-too-numerous cameras, and go outside every once in a while.
>>
>>2724298

gay.
>>
>>2723864

I´ve been expecting to participate again this year.

when can we submit stuff?
>>
>>2724311
why would you want the /p/ book to look like the RPT threads. the motto for the books has always been "The best of the worse"
>>
First full year on /p/

Would like to participate for sure, have posted a ton of shit anon this year. The curation team is probably already set but if there's a spot I'd love to help too
>>
>>2724440
It's definitely not set.
This is the thread for people to put their hands up in.
>>
>>2724446
I want to be part of the selection team, so, count me in
>>
>>2724298
generally agree, but I'd say 2 or 3 instead of just one picture. Don't think that that many people will submit something, that we'd have to reduce it to 1 per person imo
>>
As much as people may have issues with previous books wrt curation, categories, layout, etc. the simple truth is that Iggy has successfully produced several /p/ books & they were all okay.

Faced with a fight between somebody new taking over trying a new/untried approach & Iggy doing more of the same, I'd feel more confident in the latter actually producing a result.
>>
>>2724522
I agree, fellow anon. However the thing is, that Iggy has vanished / not been seen ever since he dropped the 2014 book on /p/.

Anyways- Like I said before; I am willing to do the layout/publishing part for the 2015 book, if Iggy does not want to to it himself again.
>>
>>2724536

Is >>2723864 not actually Iggy then?
>>
>>2724234

This should be the cover.
>>
>>2724538
You've got to remember that Eggy is in Australia, so he's reading this stuff upside. He probably missed Iggy's post.
>>
>>2723463
If this was the actual cover I would buy the book.
>>
>>2724551

buy contact sheets then. the actual cover is literally that ugly.
>>
>>2724550
>implying I am Eggy

I am that half-murrican Tripanon from Germany. I also have bad eyes.

>>2724538
My bad then. I somehow did not see him posting until right now.
>>
>>2724446
I'll put both my hands up. I loved last years. And this year I'm sure is going to be just as good.
>>
>>2724424

lol, some of the best photos on /p/ get posted in the RPT threads. Some of the worst photos do as well, but that's the whole idea of a book: distill the best from the worst.

Also, it's pretty fucking lolsy to see the total lack of humility in this thread. We were all beginners once. Keep that in mind when you start bitching about rubbing elbows with noobs. The book is supposed to represent the board as a whole, not be a vanity project for a couple of tripfags and loudmouth anons who wouldn't even pass muster on a bigger, more competitive board like apug or photo.net.
>>
>>2724689
Why the fuck do you keep bringing up tripfags? Literally nobody is talking about tripfags...

And if you want /p/, look at /p/. I have no interest in buying a book full of horrible photos with no subject, bad light, and no interest whatsoever. A "best of /p/" makes the book worth looking at. An "everyone gets a trophy" makes for a much shittier product with no real purpose other than for shitty photographers to finally see what one of their terrible photos looks like printed out.

The curation that's gone on in the past two years barely even had an effect. To pretend that it ruined something is retarded, and shows that you weren't present for the talks about what they were actually doing. The only people who should think that removing the worst photos from a book makes it worse are the delusional CapSoc's who have no sense of self worth in the first place.
>>
>>2724695

This is my first time bringing up tripfags. There are 44 posters in this thread, homie.

Also, even a curated book is "everyone gets a trophy", so I don't know what you have to gain by excluding the four or five shitty anons who will actually be brave enough to post a photo.

And cute that you think that I haven't been here for like nine fucking years and have been in every single photo book thread.
>>
so are we going to make a book or nah
>>
>>2724725
Blue board you twat. Reported.
>>
>>2723498
Post design work
>>
>>2724762
>browsing /p/ at work
lmaoing at your life
>>
So, I want to put a photo, but im not that good, there is a way I can send my photos and if they are not good enough not to be put in the book?

I would not like to be in the book for just being a /p lurker
>>
>>2724767
I'm at home, doesn't mean I don't despair at little shits like you with zero fucking manners.
>>
>>2724767

with a guy like this, why should /p/ even bother with a book - this effort is much better spent on a different forum, folks
>>
Can I make a request for a submission?
It's one of the stand out photos in recent times, but of course the photographer has to be the one to submit the photo.
Anyway,
>>2720937
is the photo I'm referring to. I hope that the photographer sees this and agrees to submit.
>>
>>2723834
so bart's book was curated, then

I'm good with Iggy reprising his role again
>>
>>2724446
Well then, both hands up.
>>
>>2724899
isi submitted a similar photo last year so it would probably get in
>>
how do we submit?
>>
>>2725095
you cant, your photos arent good enough
>>
>>2725092
Don't flatter yourself isi, you've never produced anything even close to that good.
>>
>>2723834
i got the pdf of 13 and 14 where can i find earlier additions?
>>
>>2724899
How is that a good picture
>>
>>2725106
You should look at last year's book before being a retard.
>>
>>2725297
You've lost me. I have last year's book and your contribution was a snapshit with absolutely nothing noteworthy about it whatsoever.
>>
>>2725317
I didn't submit anything.
>>
>>2725317
This comments racist.
>>
im gay
>>
>>2725348
fag
>>
So has someone decided they want to do this yet?
>>
I had a couple photos in last years book. I haven't been very active this year but would be up for helping out. I haven't got time to organise the whole thing though.
>>
I didn't curate the second book at all besides from very modest sequencing. It's a community project so why not let anyone who wants to participate have fun?
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.