[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently saw a news article about this camera that has 16 built
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Light-3.jpg (58 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
Light-3.jpg
58 KB, 600x386
I recently saw a news article about this camera that has 16 built in lenses and apparently can shoot in 4k video as well. Is it worth it to sell my 70D and get it? What are the downsides to having it?

I don't have the time or the money to upkeep this photography hobby and having a pocket sized camera seems more convenient.
>>
viral marketer pls go.
>>
I'm not a marketer, I'm just genuinely curious. Plus if I was a marketer, I would go for a different consumer base with a larger market. 4chan is stubborn as shit and if any company has to pander to /p/, then you know they're going to shit.
>>
If you're not a viral marketer, you're a really bad troll. Fuck off.
>>
>>2720808
Think about this for a second. If Canon/Nikon/Pentax etc could make a camera as big as a smartphone which has better quality than their existing series of cameras, why would they have not already have done that?

What I'm saying is this Lytro thing is at best a software gimmick and at worst a very expensive scam. Don't be retarded
>>
>>2720808
It is trash. If you want to sell your Canon for something that can better shoot video, get a Panasonic or Sony... or just a high-end Canon.
>>
>>2720808
>4k video
>therefore at least 9mpx, probably more
>zillion of super-small cameras with at least 9mpx sensors, everything packed in 10x8cm box
and you're asking what are the downsides?
>>
>>2720808
>I don't have the time or the money to upkeep this photography hobby and having a pocket sized camera seems more convenient.

Use your phone.
>>
you all make compelling arguments. I think i was caught up in the flashiness. I'll keep my canon and use my phone and canon then. Thanks for the input.
>>
Just look at the sample images. They're trash.
>>
>>2720808
>16 built in lenses
>wtfnigger.tiff
>>
>>2720844
youre a fucking idiot. They can sell their lenses and cameras every time a new one comes out. Why would they sell an end all be all camera?
>>
>>2721774
Most of their customers buy a rebel with the kit lens one time and then never touch it again. There's no difference.
>>
>>2720808
Keep your 70D!

...or get a Sony RX100 IV if time and money are the problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-xgSsTQWJw

You not only get 4K, you also get high-fps video recording. And the Zeiss lens is pretty good.
>>
>>2720808
I can get a 4k camera for £50.
Do you think the footage will be better than my Sony a6000?
>>
>>2720808
Can you give me the name of this flatbox camera? I saw a video on it months ago and have been looking for it since
>>
its a bait company

they're making a weird beta product at premium prices to show that the tech is market-ready

hopefully apple or another smartphone maker will scoop them up for $X00 millon and make their investors happy, then you'll get their bokeh simulation tech in the iPhone 9
>>
>>2724340
light.co
>>
>>2720808
brenzier effect the camera.

Basically . . .
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.