[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Point and click - RX100
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 61t+7dAeD1L._SL1320_.jpg (89 KB, 1320x1320) Image search: [Google]
61t+7dAeD1L._SL1320_.jpg
89 KB, 1320x1320
First time in /p/

I've been reading reviews of the past few days on the net, and I think I've settled on Sony RX100 for £256
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-DSCRX100-Advanced-Digital-Compact/dp/B008CNMZDW

I'm not a photographer, I have always used my phone's camera for shooting (as of now OnePlus Two). I probably won't become one the guys who constantly changes lenses, having a camera in my pocket when I go on holiday etc would be nice, I won't be taking much pictures elsewhere.

So /p/ is RX100 a good choice for me, any issue with the version on that Amazon link? Any others you would recommend?
>>
I don't know about other versions of the rx100 series but I have the mark III, grabbed it back in May for a trip to Italy. I love it, I've personally have a lot of pros that work for me.
non invasive, I used it to photograph a christening in a church, shutter is silent as fuck when you turn of the digital shutter noise.
Fits in pants or jacket pocket, I carry it with me everywhere I go, I have it in my pocket at the moment at work and took a few photos earlier this morning. Having it always on me and shotting revived my interest in photography back when I first got t and still has it going, would recommend, but keep looking for what you think works best for you
>>
>>2720796
no flippy screen.
get the II or canon g7x
>>
>>2720796
If all you want to do is just have a camera with you at all times this is probably one of the better choices. I would recommend looking at getting a Mark II or III though, they're a large improvement over the original.

Other cameras to look at are the Ricoh GR and the Lumix LX7. The GR would be my pick if you think you'll get more serious about taking photos later on, but if not the RX100 will be a perfect fit. It's a great little camera, my one complaint is that it feels far too small in my large hands, whereas the GR is just about the right size
>>
File: rsz_architbw.jpg (166 KB, 1024x580) Image search: [Google]
rsz_architbw.jpg
166 KB, 1024x580
>>2720796

got the rx100 m2, pic very much related.

pretty much the most versatile and small point and shoot there is. closest thing to a does-it-all you'll find.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelDSC-RX100M2
Camera SoftwareRawTherapee
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)88 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width5328
Image Height3018
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2015:10:18 14:15:47
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating160
Brightness9.4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length32.52 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2720796
hey op, welcome on /p/ !
if i had to chose a compact camera it would be the ricoh gr or the coolpix A. maybe a fujifilm x100s because of the sensors. I've been into photography for quite a long time now and for my pictures i love doing post precessing stuff.
enough from me back to your problem:
If you have the money and really want to get into photography - get the rx100 III ... Just trust me on that one, you will get a camera that has a lot of useful features and settings even lets you shoot RAW and that flipscreen is really important in my opinion.. ( new angels, selfies (duh)).. it has a small sensor but you can carry that darling in you pocket, how great is that ? and assuming you are used to phonecamera this will be a huge upgrade .. hope that helped a little.. have a good one :)
>>
>>2720853
i don even kno anymore
>>
>>2720796
Nah man, just get the Pentax KS1 Digital SLR. Get one of your photography friends to set it up and it will be pretty much point and shoot from there :^)
>>
>>2720796
>as of now OnePlus Two
Good taste, anon
>>
>>2720864
I have no photography friends.

I've read some of the models >>2720853 posted, but it still ends up at RX100. Yeah the mark 3 does look nice, but at double the price (£500+), I don't think I can justify it.
>>
File: 3243278.png (487 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
3243278.png
487 KB, 900x900
>>2721064
>I don't think I can justify it.

LEAVE. LEAVE RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>2720796

I got a second hand RX100m2 the other week for video.

Better than the m1 and youtube comparison vids have convinced me the m2 beats the m3 for video.
>>
>>2720796
RX100 series is by far the most common compact camera in my company (photo retailer), over half of us at my store have them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.