[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20150704_135204.jpg (120 KB, 724x979) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150704_135204.jpg
120 KB, 724x979
Lets take this from another Angle what is the piece of equipment you most regret buying. For me it has to have been a Godox SY3000. Legitimately dangerous. Don't buy these pieces of shit. This is what the flash cap looked like after it exploded an spewed fumes everywhere. Anyone else got horror stories?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
going mirrorless gave me cancer
>>
>>2720394
why?
>>
>>2720348
any cap can explode, I have seen em come out of Profoto Pro7s like that
>>
Reverse lens adapter. It bent simply attaching to my body and was near impossible to get off.
>>
>>2720348
Is that moisture from inside the capacitor, or from where you got it wet and fried it?
>>
>>2720491
>electrolyte capacitor
Gee I wonder how it got wet!
This just shows art school faggots are fucking failures at everything in life!
>>
Nikkor 50mm 1.8G

should've bought a used 1.8D. G is really plasticky and has distortion
>>
>>2720591
I'm not him but not everyone's into natural sciences, bro. Don't be such a sperglord virgin.
>>
>>2720591
You fucking retard, I know exactly what's inside a capacitor, that's why I asked you the question of whether it came from inside or not.
>>
>>2720607
>not everyone's into basic knowledge of how the world they were born into functions, bro
>>
>>2720678
>caps
>basic

Yeah, no.
>>
>>2720678

You're a legitimate moron.
>>
>>2720479
Problem is this one is not rated for the voltage specified it is used at. It should be at least 450V rated for use on 240V systems.

>>2720491
It's the electrolyte. That which didn't boil out.
>>
>>2720719
>Problem is this one is not rated for the voltage specified it is used at. It should be at least 450V rated for use on 240V systems.
Most caps in that range are 440V, so you're already suspect.
>450V for 240V
2x? What kind of mudhut power grid do you live on that power fluctuates that wildly? You're trying to say you should double the cap size? At most, in some applications, you should go to around 1.5x the working voltage (which in this case would be around 330V for a 240V hookup). Going higher than that, if you're in a place where you'll see stupidly high voltage swings (which begs the question of why it's not plugged into some kind of voltage regulating device), will protect the cap from blowing, but it'll put everything else in the circuit at risk of blowing. Remember, in an AC system, caps are to even out power flow, not like a DC system where they provide a quick hit of power. If that thing is blowing, your power supply is what's fucked up. It's not that it's too small of a cap...unless you think that the purpose of a strobe is to explode bulbs, then yeah, put a 440V cap on there.
>>
>>2720917
The RMS is 240V the peak is 330V as you say. So. 1.5 * 330 is 495. Did you even do your own maths?

Also you are utterly wrong about the purpose of this capacitor. It's the main flash cap not a filter. Just search electrolytic flash capacitor you moron.
>>
>>2720348
it may have been a piece of shit cap, but considering your at least basic working knowledge of the damn things, just replace it.

Caps blow. Especially on Chinknese shit. Soldering in a new heavily derated one is easier, faster, and more rewarding than bitching online to people who don't care.
>>
>>2721352
More a PSA, these are legitimately dangerous the failure mode is to catch fire. It's lucky it happened when I was nearby.

I actually wanted people to talk about other gear but for some reason people are trying to debate the details of capacitor selection.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.