[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey street /p/hotogs Do you think you will be a better street
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
Hey street /p/hotogs

Do you think you will be a better street photog if you are an attractive girl?
>not being put in the creep zone
>more candid shots because people are not creeped out by you
>not likely to be robbed by thieves but they might get your number
>if you are a petite girl you can take better shots since your eye level is already around the waist level of tall guys
>take better shots because you can shoot closer
>you're probably not a /p/haggot so you don't care what gear you are using and just shoot and shoot
>you are not self-conscious because you don't care what people think of your gear
>you are already beautiful and used to attention so you don't care if other people are looking
>if people confront you, just smile and they will gladly have another picture taken
>no need to ask permission to take photos
>can stealthily get all the chicks you want and even take photos of them in the ladies' room

Other than that women photogs definitely get more opportunities in the professional photography.
>>
>girl
>not being self-conscious
in what world do you live in
>>
Actually yes. I've seen it happen first hand with female friends. Totally different reactions between an attractive girl doing street and a guy doing the same thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 485x303
>not dressing up as a gril when taking street photos

Everything it takes to get the perfect shot anon

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width485
Image Height303
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
oh god, please let /b/ see this thread. Traps and shemales doing street photography will then be discussed and that argument will start here.
>>
>>2719623

More likely because thieves are not afraid you'll fight back.

its called not being creepy, try it.
Wash your hair and shave, dress in a fitted suit and tie or business casual. A suit is the international uniform of the middle class and you will be completely invisible.

>if you are a petite girl you can take better shots since your eye level is already around the waist level of tall guys
>take better shots because you can shoot closer

get a camera with a waist level finder, and be confident. Confidence will let you get closer and not appear creepy. If you are nervous, people will be nervous of you, it's how people work.

>you're probably not a /p/haggot so you don't care what gear you are using and just shoot and shoot
>you are not self-conscious because you don't care what people think of your gear
I know plenty of gear whores, red rings and white lenses are just as important to some women (especially fashionable ones) as a red dot is to 60yo men

>you are already beautiful and used to attention so you don't care if other people are looking
>if people confront you, just smile and they will gladly have another picture taken
ok cant argue that one

>no need to ask permission to take photos
same rules apply for girls and guys here. If someone is in public or a private space where they can expect to have their photo taken you can take their photo. If you want to sell the photos for commercial purposes (other than journalism), you need a release form.

>can stealthily get all the chicks you want and even take photos of them in the ladies' room
that's being a creep in either sex
>>
>>2719623
>>if people confront you, just smile and they will gladly have another picture taken
>>no need to ask permission to take photos

In my experience these are true anyway,you just have to smile and say thanks
>>
probably a little easier but still doesn't really supplment the creep factor. that comes from the camera itself.

if youre walking doen the street and somebody points a large, mechanical, dialating eye aimed squarely in your face, youre not looking at the person behind the camera at this stage (the moment the shots taken). in this sense its really the camera itself that is present to the subject.

but it helps being a girl. especially to the point of getting another shot. but at that point its no longer candid.
>>
Why are people so unnerved by cameras, anyway? I don't mind them and I'm not particularly photogenic.
>>
>>2719746
Control freakery is the most common thing. They've heard somewhere that they've somehow got a right to control whether a light-sensitive medium is used to capture their image. That's obviously poppycock.

A different but related viewpoint is that of bourgeois prudery: it's thought that any photograph may cause them to get fired from their jobs. Not just the ones where they're actually an ordained man of the cloth and have been photographed with a whore under both arms, white lump hanging off a nostril. It's some kind of a protestant self-flagellation, that every picture is an unflattering one of them and only them, because they're the (worthless, filthy) center of the goddamn universe.

Then there's the idea that street photography involving people is illegitimate to begin with. "Exploitation of the unfortunate", they'll say, as though the beggar, nutter, cop, or arrestee didn't know they were hanging out in public looking sad/mad/bad/rad (resp.). This again is bourgeois, but based on the (apparent) idea that it's only OK to interact with people in ways which they can avoid. No truth in that, either. This idea, carried out consistently and enforced by a "photo squad" of the man, would result in concealing the poor, untreated, criminal, and victim, whatever combination applies. A bourgie loves this: it makes her feel like she's won her way one step closer to the conservative ideal innocence of childhood.

Basically, photographs are too similar to reality (lulzy as that sounds). Lots of people haven't come to terms with what they are and how things work, so just their knowledge that a camera is there is enough to rustle their jimmies.

Ugh, I have spoken.
>>
> being a street photog
>giving a single fuck

You don't seem to get it bruh.
>>
Qt photographer girls make my lens zoom if you know what im saying
>>
Buy a pentax and a 2000mm f/64 catadioptric lens.

t. Street pro
>>
>>2719640
>business casual
>doing street photography

you have no idea what you are talking about right?
>>
>>2719824
a collared shirt and khakis will not put people off as much as a hoodie and sex offender sweatpants.
Sure old guys can pull off the fishing vest and Tilley hat. if you are young they might just think your an aspie and be ok with you.
>>
>>2719833
>the average /p/ user in khakis and a tucked-in polo trying to shoot street

ya you'll look like a sex offender easier to go with a hoodie and jeans. if you're shooting in an urban area you'll blend in equally well...
>>
>>2719623
I was thinking about this today.

It would fucking suck. Street photography takes place in the streets. So imaging you're an attractive girl with a camera in the streets:

>AY GIRL WHAT YOU TAKING PICTURES OF

>DAMN GIRL YOU ARTISTIC AND SHIT

>HEY DID YOU JUST TAKE A PICTURE OF ME LET ME GET YOUR NUMBER SO YOU CAN SEND IT TO ME

>HEY LET ME GET YOUR NUMBER

>HEY WHATS THAT NUMBER

>HEY DAMN THATS A BIG CAMERA U NEED SOME HELP CARRYING IT?

And this type of shit all day. Taking pictures of people invites them to talk to you, you would get hounded all fucking day it would be annoying as fuck. Sure with street it's nice to talk to subjects every once in a while, but getting held up because someone is trying to get your number every time you step outside with your camera would be so annoying.
>>
>>2719746
>Why are people so unnerved by cameras, anyway?

I firmly believe Instagram, Facebook, etc is making street photography way more difficult.

People think you are using their photos and collecting their images to get likes or promote yourself. They also are worried they are going to show up on an insta/tumblr whatever that they don't agree with. I'm fine with having a photo of me taken, but I don't like ending up on some faggots instagram alongside his tasteless party pics and other shitty photography.

Just looking back at older street photography, it seemed like people genuinely found cameras and photographers interesting. What's the worst that could happen? Either your picture ends up in a gallery or book, or in a box somewhere gathering dust, or at worst some dude jerks it to you and no one finds out. Now your image could end up anywhere, affiliated with anything.
>>
>>2719876

The average /p/ user is a reasonably well put-together white guy in his mid-to-late twenties who already has one foot in the dadcore grave. khakis and polos are well within the wheelhouse for this set. just because you're yuppie scum doesn't mean that everyone else is a slob.
>>
>>2719623
When I'm shooting with grils they tend to have an easier time approaching people and almost never get threatened, but they do get bothered by the occasional fuccboi or drunk. >>2719894's description is pretty accurate, but ugly girls can get away with pretty much whatever they want.
>>
>>2719623
kek m8 you dont even know anything about the history of street photography it appears
>>
File: 10_36A.jpg (277 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
10_36A.jpg
277 KB, 533x800
>>2719896
i was being realistic, sorry i hit a nerve

>trying to use young, urban, and professional pejoratively
>>
>>2719896
>The average /p/ user is a reasonably well put-together white guy in his mid-to-late twenties
I don't think you could be any more wrong, tbqfhafb (to be quite fucking honest and frank, bro).
>>
>>2719896
>reasonably well put-together white guy in his mid-to-late twenties
check
>one foot in the dadcore grave
no check
Don't own sandals, polo shirts or cargo shorts. Yet.
>>
>>2719896
projection: the post
>>
>>2719922
>>2719913

>these morons calling themselves slobs.

k.
>>
>>2719923
For starters, I think you got the age bracket wrong. I think most are either 18-25 or much older (I'm 22).. As for well put together... You're on 4chan.
>>
>>2719923
>thinking you're not the slob we're referring to

k.
>>
Top 3 /p/ cancer

1. Gearfags
2. Filmfags (kinda ditto)
3. "Street photography" fags (aka trying to capture the zeitgeist of an era that'll already be overdocumented by photographing boring people against their will without any form of further boldness)
>>
>>2719930

>ending a sentence in a preposition

k.
>>
>>2719931
Only /p/ cancer is faggots who are bad at photography but compensate by telling themselves they've got it all "figured out" because for some reason, they know what matters in photography and what doesn't.
>>
>>2719934
>confirmed for polos tucked into khakis
>>
>>2719960

Wait, I thought I was a slob.
>>
>>2719942
Nah desu senpai, number 3. was a good point.
>>
>>2719894
Are you even aware of how racist your comment is?
>>
>>2720273
ayy lamo
>>
My cousin got mugged for her photography gear. She was covering some band in Copenhagen. Pretty sure thieves target you if you're a woman...
>>
>>2719896
>you wore jean shorts with a red polo to Chicago to shoot street
>somebody threatens to hang you from a flagpole

And that's why I dress urbancore now
>>
this part is very true and comes in handy at parks and events where a lot of children are present.

it's actually kind of scary for me sometimes because i'm 5'3" and i don't have any self defense training. i started carrying pepper spray and sometimes i take my knife too. i really do not like strange men hitting on me or trying to get my phone number, they're usually too aggressive about it and it's just scary.

i care about my gear, but i always limit what i bring with me when i'm shooting so i'm not switching things out constantly.

i have never had anyone confront me in a negative way. the only times i get approached are when i take a photo of a child and a parent wants me to email it to them.

what??? why would you think that things like this actually happen?
>>
>>2719638
I haven't seen a good shitstorm in a while, maybe you're on to something.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.