[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, I'm sorry but I couldn't see a stupid question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 13
File: tark-photo.jpg (49 KB, 550x553) Image search: [Google]
tark-photo.jpg
49 KB, 550x553
Hi, I'm sorry but I couldn't see a stupid question thread.

Does a lens with image stabilisation work on a camera that doesn't have it?

Does the camera stabilisation refer to the sensor's stability?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 7.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2010:06:05 23:34:08
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width550
Image Height553
>>
camera good stabilized

hands
>>
File: Samyang spicy flavor ramen.png (697 KB, 650x536) Image search: [Google]
Samyang spicy flavor ramen.png
697 KB, 650x536
>Does a lens with image stabilisation work on a camera that doesn't have it?
Yes. That's the point of having it in the first place.

>Does the camera stabilisation refer to the sensor's stability?
Yes. It's easier to shift the sensor that, say, the whole body.
>>
File: beech.png (681 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
beech.png
681 KB, 1000x667
>>2719494
You can also manually stabilize a camera by holding it steady.
>>
>>2719935
you needed a flash here
>>
File: FORMAT.png (310 KB, 448x428) Image search: [Google]
FORMAT.png
310 KB, 448x428
why is "format" written on the camera body ?
>>
>>2719945
no, he needed to over expose the shot you spaz. anyone who actually thinks outdoor portraits with a flash look good are retarded, i have never seen one good result.
>>
>>2722389
>I have never noticed the flash used on the good ones I've seen where they used one, so I think it hasn't been used

Translated by a 4chan user
>>
File: wpid316-MG_9226.jpg (361 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
wpid316-MG_9226.jpg
361 KB, 1024x683
>>2722392
yeah it looks fucking amazing doesn't it.
it completely isolates the person from the rest of the image making it look like they've been shopped in, far better to just use exposure compensation then a slight shadow repair on the person if needed.

show me a single result you would consider good, i can't even find one. can find hundreds of decent normal portraits, that's because they're better.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 7D
PhotographerMike Criss
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2011:07:17 07:36:49
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/9.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/9.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance3.74 m
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length55.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2722365
So you can format you card. Hold it down together with the other format button (the bin or play button).
>>
>>2722394
You realise you can control your flashes output so you can light them as little or as much as you want?
You aren't limited to what your ettl flash automatically sets with your camera in auto
>>
File: omaha_-_photography_1-2.jpg (634 KB, 918x688) Image search: [Google]
omaha_-_photography_1-2.jpg
634 KB, 918x688
>>2722394
Every outdoor fashion photo you've literally ever seen...

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3 (Macintosh)
PhotographerHooton Images
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2013:02:14 13:01:15
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance5.80 m
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length135.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
>>2722396
whats the advantage of having that instead of just an option on the menu?
>>
File: ZHQH1Em.jpg (516 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
ZHQH1Em.jpg
516 KB, 2560x1600
>>2722402
>fashion photo
>advertising clothes
Yes, but the picture itself looks fucking stupid. Do you think the light in her eye here is a flash or not?
>>
>>2722407
>Yes, but the picture itself looks fucking stupid.
Great nebulous opinion you have there. The point is, fill flash looks completely natural when used even half competently, and posting a few photos where someone didn't do it well isn't going to do anything to change that.

No, that catchlight looks like a reflector, but it's serving the exact same purpose.
>>
>>2722409
How is it serving the exact same purpose? This was taken with no flash and around +1.7 EV. The other problem you have using even a remotely strong is going to hugely affect your white balance, especially if it's warm/cold rather than balanced.
>>
Another anon here; I do fashion photography and I personally avoid using flash outdoors, it's just not natural and you can see it.

That being said I've seen it done before, it's ultimately a preference and there's not right or wrong way of doing it. It tells the story differently (if you do it right and don't fucking suck).
>>
>>2722411
go be retarded somewhere else.
>>
>>2722423
Post examples
>>
>>2722411
A fill flash provides a second light source to fill in shadows. A reflector provides a second light source to fill in shadows. A fill flash is literally just a reflector you can place anywhere.

A flash will only affect your white balance if you don't know how to use it. Most flashes are daylight balanced, so you won't have issues, but if you have warmer light, you put a CTO gel on it. If cooler, you put a blue gel on it... It's not hard.

You're just proving that you don't know what you're talking about. Remember what thread you're posting this in and find a bit of humility.

https://youtu.be/3G0iZKeFtH4

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark III
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.3 (Windows)
PhotographerClay Cook
Horizontal Resolution1 dp
Vertical Resolution1 dp
Image Created2015:11:19 16:21:18
Exposure Time1/800 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1000
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length65.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark III
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.3 (Windows)
PhotographerClay Cook
Horizontal Resolution1 dp
Vertical Resolution1 dp
Image Created2015:11:19 16:21:18
Exposure Time1/800 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1000
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length65.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2722426
I don't need to post anything, you've seen it all before, you just have to understand the context of which it is needed.

Speaking from experience you normally don't want flash outdoors for Fashion unless if it's for some lame high end campaign where you need more control of the light to better show off clothes, assesories, etc for commercial work. It'll look fake but the purpose is the clothing and thus it is justified. In a more story/editorial situation you wouldn't want flash because with those it's more about the models/subjects and so you would want to keep the shadows and tones of their faces for more dramatic effect.

You see flash used all the time in wedding photos, even the editorial kind - it depends primarily on content. I hope this helps.
>>
>>2722389
In bad lighting, you put the model in the shade. Now she's dark, and the background is light. So now you get a light, and you do pleasing lighting on your model, and now she matches the brightness of the background, and is also lit as she should be. It's a completely standard procedure, and a lot of photos you've seen and liked use this technique, and you never knew it.
>>
File: 1338668954044.gif (996 KB, 320x225) Image search: [Google]
1338668954044.gif
996 KB, 320x225
>>2722389
>anyone who actually thinks outdoor portraits with a flash look good are retarded

oh boy
>>
>>2722429
kek @ this photo
>>
>>2722456
kek all you want
>>
>>2722394
>it completely isolates the person from the rest of the image
Unlike shooting at f/1.4 which makes the person look like they're in a studio standing in front of a backdrop, or using color which makes them look like they're on another planet...
Really we shouldn't do anything to make our subject stand out, because who wants that?

You ever think that maybe your opinion isn't fact or law, and that something that triggers you is actually part of the goal, to make the viewer focus on the main content of the photo? Or that maybe you're just trying to denigrate something that you personally don't know how to do, so that you can excuse your lack of knowledge regarding it?

You can find bad examples of literally every aspect of photography and use them as a reason to not do anything at all. Oh wait, do you actually take photos? Something suggests not...
>>
File: 1449537054758.png (12 KB, 202x184) Image search: [Google]
1449537054758.png
12 KB, 202x184
>>2722429
>lens aperture f/7.1
>exposure program: manual
>flash, compulsory
>ISO 1000

>you don't know what you're talking about

And this is exactly why all of your photos look like the kind of shit you see in a Next magazine. We're not talking about fashion photography you mong - point being, fill flash takes away from the verisimilitude and atmosphere of the photo - which it absolutely does.

That photo is laughable and the background is extremely distracting, imo.
>>
>>2722465
is this photo supposed to be your backup argument?
>>
>>2722474
Unlike shooting at f/1.4

I stopped reading there; you're retarded and completely misinterpreted the other anon. To put it plain ambient light outdoor background + artificially lite subject = objectively shit portraits
>>
File: portrait-girl-outdoor.jpg (198 KB, 1274x712) Image search: [Google]
portrait-girl-outdoor.jpg
198 KB, 1274x712
It's personal preference really regarding flash outdoors for portrait. Fine if you want to purposely expose the person and for whatever reason keep the background at a regular exposure for instance clothes, jewellry, footwear advertisement. Those dreamy portraits though are my favourite though, the kind you see on a youtube house or trance track or something with an over exposed and bokeh background with warm colors and regular exposed face. but idk
>>
>>2722495
Boxy?
>>
File: lresize.jpg (715 KB, 1500x1010) Image search: [Google]
lresize.jpg
715 KB, 1500x1010
natural light is far better

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)55 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:12:15 17:18:54
Exposure Time1/400 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Brightness1.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceDaylight
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length55.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1500
Image Height1010
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2722406
So that you can quickly delete your shit if you get caught taking creeper shots.
>>
>>2722550
"natural light" is making her look like shit. Look at those enormous eye bags and distracting unflattering facial shadows. Nothing says "flattering" like under exposing the eyes by a stop and a half, no catch lights in the eyes, and a flat gray coloring.
>>
>>2726147osed face and background
facial shadows? maybe that's just what she looks like you retard. i doubt he was trying to make her look like a princess or a model or smth. her face looks realistic and it has made for an interesting portrait.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.