[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p/ related rage thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 16
>committee wants a new camera
>set budget of 500 dollarydoos
>They need something high quality and easy to use
>recommend Sony RX-100
>They go to Camera House and sales guy talks them into buying a Pentax KS1 Digital SLR
>get this email

"So, we got our new camera

We ended up however going for the Pentax KS1 Digital SLR as I compared the two, and this was cheaper too!

Is there a day either tomorrow or next week you could drop in to set it up for us!?

We are having difficulty understanding how to set it!!!

Once it’s set it will just be a matter of point and shoot for us"

>Some of You Guys are Alright, Don’t go to Camera House Tomorrow

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:06:16 01:24:59
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width400
Image Height359
>>
>>2718995
Oh, the incing on the cake here is that they spent more on the Pentax then they would have on the RX100
>>
I work at the only camera store in a 50 mile radius, so many stories.

>>2718995
kek, I push Sony more than anything (by far the best brand on the sales end).
>>
>>2718998
>so many stories
Share.
>I push Sony more than anything
are there any digital point and shoots that even compete with the RX series?

I did work at Camera House in Leederville for one day. What a peice of shit. Only a couple of people there even seemed to know what photography was. The rest were just retards that spewed random facts like Megapixel counts and shit. I must have seen at least three customers come in the first hour to complain about their purchases. Just to be dismissed by the mouth breathing managers.

I hindsight, thank fuck these people sell cameras and didn't become doctors.
>>
>>2719002
Lately (with holiday's coming up), there's been a huge number of people processing the fuck out of picture's, using us to print, and then complaining that they look like shit afterwards.

We have printing kiosks, super easy to use, but the people want you to do literally everything for them. If they need help, I'll tell them what button to press. They'll literally point their finger at the screen (it's touch screen) and keep it their pointing at until I press it myself. People misspelling their own goddamn last names on greeting cards so they have to be reprinted.

People drop their shit all the time, gets broken, complain about it, send it in for repair, complain that it takes so long. Had one guy couple weeks literally break a camera (think it was D3xxx) same day he bought it.

People buying their shit elsewhere (one of them even did online with $30 shipping), then coming in to us to show them how to use it. New camera's are generally the same fucking price everywhere.

"How much megapickles?"

Ton's of "proffesional photographers" that just take shitty portraits with their first rebel. Had one lady the other day keep talking about how she was a "purist", wanted to know if they make a landscape lens (think panorama) for her D3xxx, she had some of the worst editing I've seen on her prints.
>>
>>2719002
>>2719008
>are there any digital point and shoots that even compete with the RX series?
Canon's and Panasonic are worth a look. Nikon's P&S are awful, Olympus / Ricoh only popular with the tough / durable series.

>Only a couple of people there even seemed to know what photography was.
I'm fortunate that most everyone at my company shoot. Oddly enough all but 1 of us at my location share 1 camera in common, and 7 or so throughout the company all have 1 bag in common.
>>
>>2719008
>People buying their shit elsewhere (one of them even did online with $30 shipping), then coming in to us to show them how to use it.
>Had one lady the other day keep talking about how she was a "purist", wanted to know if they make a landscape lens (think panorama) for her D3xxx, she had some of the worst editing I've seen on her prints.

Holy fuck...you can't make this shit up....
>>
>>2719020
We make a killing on the incompentence though. People legit don't know how to pictures onto a CD from a memory card. Taking pics off from phones is huge too, we routinely get $50 for taking images from phones and putting them onto a DVD / USB stick. Literally just plug in, drag and drop.
>>
nigga that pentax
>>
/p/ related rage?
This year I got my first proper camera, mid-high level, DSLR. Ever since I was having a blast with it, slowly improving. I was also constantly searching for methods, tips and various accessories, lenses. My search data slowly building up, like a ticking time bomb that only now blown up in my face.
Now this is the biggest shopping season, and everywhere I go, no matter what I search for, every ad wants to sell me a Nikon or a Canon. Only the cheap shit. "Lets see the news..." BAM! I am Nikon, buy me! "Hey, what is the weather going to be tomorrow?" BAM Buy Canon Powershot!
And not just the simple ads, there are lots of hijacking pages with full page ads from Aliexpress and whatnot trying to scam me into buying one of those shitbundles with a crappy deprecated "new" entry DSLR.
It is slowly getting on my nerves, until now I had generic simple ads but during the last week it turned into this aimed search bubble nervewrecking mess.
>>
>>2719192
just instal ad block u noob
>>
>>2719192
>buy a DSLR
>friend sees it
>HOW MUCH ZOOM DOES IT HAVE
>that depends on the lens brah
>BUT HOW MUCH ZOOM DOES IT HAVE
who gives a fuck how much zoom it has anything but bird pictures looks like shit at 500mm anyway
Another source of rage is I bought the D7100 and about a month later the D7200 went down to the exact same price.
>>
>>2719216
Same with my K-3, two moths after I buy it the K-3II comes out, all K-3 used and new drops $150 immediately.
But I didn't really care, I got an awesome camera to play with.
>>
>>2719002
Lol perth. 6051 us where it's at.
>>
File: 1355585226521.png (56 KB, 800x815) Image search: [Google]
1355585226521.png
56 KB, 800x815
>>2718995
This pisses me off so goddamn much. I work in a tech-related field, so I get asked IT-related questions a the time. Nothing makes me angrier than someone who asks for advice, does THE EXACT OPPOSITE of what I said, then has the audacity to ask me for help. For example (not /pee/ related I'm sorry):

>coworker wants a new laptop
>asks if she should get some Dell or some Mac
>"well, software X (an in-house soft for work) only works on wangblows so you have to get the Dell if you want to use it"
>"okay thanks anon"
>a week passes
>"hey anon I got the Mac! the salesman said it'd be simpler to use and even gave me 20$ off! can you help me set up software X?"

It's absolutely infuriating.
>>
>>2719192
>year of our lord 2015
>he doesn't use an adblocker
Are you dumb.
>>
I shoot concerts because it's what I like, fuck you. Small shows, all local acts. I get messages on FB from musicians all the time asking when I'll be posting pics of shows that I didn't go to or shows I didn't even know we're going on. How hard is it to shoot me a message and let me know about your show ahead of time? I'll show up 9/10 times if I know about it.
>>
>>2719275
>6051
lol, you live near me nigs.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1036x830) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1036x830
>>2719287
Yeah, well I went in to set up the camera and the couldn't get it working.

The lens wasn't even screwed in properly.

Hopefully in breaks within a year so we can claim warranty because this thing looks and feels like a mars attacks prop crossed with a cheap chinese toy.
>>
File: 34256.gif (947 KB, 285x235) Image search: [Google]
34256.gif
947 KB, 285x235
>>2719321
Ha. I get people asking me if I want to shoot their wedding.
>>
>>2719008
God damn. I sell phones and it sounds like the same shit I get all day everyday.
For real. This job made me such a cynical asshole. People are fucking stupid.
>>
File: uggugh.jpg (48 KB, 624x489) Image search: [Google]
uggugh.jpg
48 KB, 624x489
>do photoshoot for female friend
>after giving her the edited, corrected, and finished files, she proceeds to slap them with an awful, contrasty, iPhone VSCO level filter and throws it on Facebook

makes me look like an idiot

PhotographerMason
>>
>>2719353
Triggered. Also when people crop my pics it rustles my jimmies.
>>
>>2719353
I stopped putting identifiable information anywhere in the exif and hidden watermarks etc. I did some social shots for a nightclub and they wanted to put my name on their watermark and then the photos. The immediate thought in my head was exactly what you are describing. I told them my work name was "Ansell Adams" kek.
>>
File: 1448044902892.png (225 KB, 637x654) Image search: [Google]
1448044902892.png
225 KB, 637x654
>wow these photos are so good, why aren't you selling these?
>how much would you pay for one?
>****AWKWARD END OF CONVERSATION****
>>
>>2718995
People who try to tell me what to take pictures of.

I've received a variety of passive aggressive comments about my work, and why I should "move on". And what's worse is it's worded in the sense that what I'm doing now, and what I'm interested in, is not really mature enough, it's not sufficient. The idea is that the only reason you should want to be a photographer is if you want to be a special snowflake who's out to make a huge name and impress a bunch of people you don't even know. I've actually gone to the extent of explaining my background, my childhood, and why I shoot what I do today, but people don't get it. Or maybe they just don't care.

I get that people have their own idea of what makes a picture "good" or "interesting", I just sort of stopped giving a shit after a while. This is literally something I do for enjoyment, it's not meant to produce a mad cash flow or impress snobby art critics.
>>
File: 1.jpg (54 KB, 595x421) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
54 KB, 595x421
>>2718995
>KS1
What the fuck. I stopped following Pantacks after the K7/K5ii, is this what Ricoh has done to them?
>>
>>2719433
What's with the colored lights on the side? Is that like the blast processing on my Sega Genesis?
>>
>>2719433
KS1 is pretty much just for the Japanese market.
KS2 is more like the K-x/r/30/50 line
>>
>come onto p
>same basic mistakes, same boring conversations, same know it all newfags that get pissy when you give advice or critique.

>have to keep coming back because Alex Burke threads and other occasional good fine art that no other community can match.
>>
>one setting for every picture
>>
File: VjX8Z6Y.png (174 KB, 540x695) Image search: [Google]
VjX8Z6Y.png
174 KB, 540x695
>>2719431
This is you
>>
>>2719431
still taking flower macros, huh?
>>
>>2719468
Lol no. When I started out I was legitimately terrible, and I've still got a ways to go, but that's not my point. The people who make those comments simply don't like what I shoot, generally because people in my area are really interested in seeing pictures of people. They even admit I'm good at what I do, they just wish it was different. Kinda like when somebody critiques a band or musician because they changed styles, or because they don't like the direction that artist is heading. Not necessarily because they think the music is really "bad".

>>2719465
>>
>>2719331
maylands for life
>>
>>2719420
This

I paint but keep it quiet now.
>hey anon, can you do a painting of my dog?
>sure, that'll be £500
>wtf anon! 500!
>Ok then I'll do it for free if you fix my roof
>****AWKWARD END OF CONVERSATION****
>>
>>2719433
They are entirely as cheap and cheesy feeling as you could imagine. They have the build quality of a Mcdonald's toy. I searched it on google to see all the review sites circle jerking it. You should do the same. It is a good way to find which sites are doing paid reviews.

This camera is a piece of shit in reality. The photos actually looked worse (using the kit 18-55mm) than my LG G3 in moderate lighting. Probably the only thing that that was good with this camera was how fast the AF was...when it actually hit the target...using one of the many af points directly in the center of the cam

I wouldn't even recommend throwing this camera at a riot cop. Although to it's credit, the in built flash would probably blind a cop long enough to make a get away.
>>
>>2719438
They seem to be nothing more the a power indicator as far as I could tell. They are way more obnoxious in person. Sort of in the same way the blue bar on PS4 controllers is. Just...why?...
>>
>>2719002
>are there any digital point and shoots that even compete with the RX series?
Can you shill any harder?
>>
>>2719665
>Can you shill any harder?
Can you find anything?

>inb4 this is bait and you recommend something dump like the iphone.
>>
>>2719666
>What is canon g7 and g5?
>>
>>2719669
Oh, you can find them under $500 can you? Because you have to be talking about the g7x and g5x.

I found the rx100 at $420 with a 16gb 600x memory card. I could not find a G7 X under $700.
>>
File: 1.jpg (122 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
122 KB, 720x1280
>>2719680
You can find G7s for under $500, but good luck getting a G5x for that price.
>>
File: 1408306735473.jpg (21 KB, 257x281) Image search: [Google]
1408306735473.jpg
21 KB, 257x281
>Do weddings
>have to carry around my all my equipment, like lighting, my camera bag with lenses, tripod and such for 6ish hours
>have to be super social and pretend to know everyone at the wedding and be way more friendly than i have to
>Run around everywhere catching pics of the kids, and everyone
>average photo count per wedding is around 1800
>do this all while wearing a suit and not make a sweat

"But anon, isnt $650 a bit much for a wedding?"
>>
>>2719684
and that includes the hours of editing i do for those pictures to make them look fucking perfect
>>
File: file.png (60 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
file.png
60 KB, 200x194
>>2719684
Some of You Guys are Alright, Don’t go to Wedding Tomorrow
>>
>>2719683
Oh yeah, so what is that gonna cost after a conversion from $US to Dollarydoos plus shipping to Aus?

Let get this back on track. Because we are talking about a group of people who dropped $500 cash on a plastic Pentax that is more effective as a fucking glowstick then a camera. I very highly doubt they even have Amazon.
>>
File: pentax_k-s1_sweets_collection.jpg (226 KB, 1692x699) Image search: [Google]
pentax_k-s1_sweets_collection.jpg
226 KB, 1692x699
>>2719433
Nigga, do you even kawaii?

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Windows)
Image Width1920
Image Height1200
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:11:22 18:51:27
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1692
Image Height699
>>
>>2719684

Boo fucking hoo. Waiters don't make $650 a night, and they do 90% of the shit that you do and then some.
>>
>>2719718
Being a waiter isn't a skill
>>
>>2719726

Neither is being a wedding photographer.
>>
>>2719779
ICE BURN
>>
>>2719192
This is kind of cringe desu
>>
>>2719431
post porfolio
>>
I'm probably just being a jealous poorfag but it never fails to rustle my jimmies when I see stuff like
>I have a 5d mark 3, will this lens fit my camera?
fucking youtube comments
>>
>>2720748
>Will this Noctilux fit on my Hasselblad H5D?
>>
>>2720748
Nah you're fine, stupid people with nice things tend to be irritating
>>
File: camera without seather seals.jpg (914 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
camera without seather seals.jpg
914 KB, 3000x2000
>>
File: camera without weather seal.jpg (814 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
camera without weather seal.jpg
814 KB, 2000x3000
Not weather sealed
>>
>>2719684
>$650

found your problem. are you shooting hillbilly weddings for that?
>>
>>2719287
professional IT fag here (associate project manager who recently got promoted from a 'support position')

>user wants SurfacePro. kicks and screams that she NEEDS it
>tell them no and give her a valid reason
>user whines to their manager who whines to my manager who whines to me
>end up being forced to give them one even though it never leaves its dock
>user gets SP.. then asks me 'how do i use it?' and 'so whats so good about these things anyway?'
>reactor_critical.wav
>tell them have deadlines coming up where 2 new systems need to be delivered within the next week and to call the support company we pay big money for.
>user whines to their manager who whines to my manager who whines to me
>manager forced me to drop everything to help this shit-tier user comprehend a system they fought so hard for
>user still calls me daily asking stupid questions. managers wont do shit about getting user to call those "dirty indian call centers"

seriously.. fuck people and fuck office politics

what were we talking about again?
>>
>>2719684
i guess she doesn't want the pictures.
>>
>have all the technique knowledge and post processing skill
>but literally no network

>constantly see profiles just consisting of IG models/hoes with blown highlights, and a over saturated filter slapped on

more envy than rage, i just want to smash
>>
>>2719420
I actually sold a picture with this exact reply just a week ago, to a friend of a friend though, but he still paid me around $50. I was later told he printed it up and hug it in his bedroom.
Felt like a real pro
>>
File: gbtv-obama-disappointed.jpg (198 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gbtv-obama-disappointed.jpg
198 KB, 1920x1080
>hey anon will you shoot my wedding?
uhm, yeah, I guess, you know I just bought this camera and mainly do long exposure landscapes and stuff like that, not people
>yeah whatever, I'm sure you'll be fine, your pictures are so pretty!

>fast forward to after wedding
>hey anon, what's taking so long?
>why is the processing so shit
>why are there so few pictures?
>wheres the picture of the bride's father's grandmother's dog? I told you to take one!
>mate I know you're a good photographer, why couldn't you make the shots like on those websites I showed you?
>>
File: DSC03183.jpg (165 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
DSC03183.jpg
165 KB, 1000x667
>>2719216
>HOW MUCH ZOOM DOES IT HAVE
My camera has a 1x zoom.

> took some pictures in a dancing show
> post some on fb
> dancer bitch repost my pic without any credit

It's not that matters, it's that people have no respect at all for other's work.
Pic related.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M2
Camera SoftwareCapture One 8 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:12:13 00:19:37
Image Created2015:12:13 00:19:37
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating1600
Brightness-3.0 EV
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Image Width1000
Image Height667
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2719008
Jesus fucking H. Christ man please learn how an apostrophe works
>>
>>2723788
>>2723787
it'd probably still work after it was dried out properly
>>
>>2723982
Dude, that's fuckin sea water m8. Ain't no bringing it back after a good splash in sea water
>>
>wow anon your pics are amazing. I want a pro camera like yours
>goes out and dumps cash at a canon 60D
>uses it full auto
>anon why are my pictures so shit? oh and my flash keeps popping up
>no, anon I'm too dumb for these modes. my phone figures it out all by itself, so this camera can too
>the 60D is resigned to a shelf accessory after a few weeks
>>
>>2723983
If you rinse all the salt out, it'd be fine. Also hopefully the battery wasn't in there. The sand is what I'd be worried about.

>I wonder which poor schmuck got suckered into providing the prop though
>>
>>2724011
>rinse all the salt out
You're not very bright, are you? Have you ever heard about chemistry?
>>
>>2723973
there's literally your watermark on it fagtron
>>
>>2719718
90% + and then some is 100%
>>
>>2724046
But the remaining 10% is not the same he does.
Why can't /p/ into basic math?
>>
>>2724013
if the battery wasn't in it you might get away with rinsing it with deionised water and then drying the fuck out of it
>>
>>2723992
reminds me of a female friend who went out and bought then same camera as me, and whenever we shoot together or she asks me to look at a pic on it, it's always set to Full Auto LOL
>>
>>2724013
Have you? Just because there's salt doesn't mean its a lost cause. For one, it's a matter of time before corrosion sets in. So if you rinse the camera out with DI water, hope the onboard battery hasn't shorted something, and dry it out, you'd be fine.

For another, the camera wasn't submerged much. While it's hard to say exactly how long the camera was in the water for, if you don't submerge it for too long, there likely won't be /too/ much water inside. That's assuming the 60D has even a basic level of sealing. Most cameras do, otherwise they'd all fall apart in even slightly humid conditions.
>>
>>2724078
No matter how many times you rinse it out there will be enough ions (Na+ and Cl-) to start corrosion in every part of the circuitry. Rinsing it out also means you dissolve the salt and bring it in every nook and cranny the fluid can reach.
You might think it is clean, you dry it out, put the battery in and the smallest vapor in the air will dissociate the ions and start the corrosion on the copper surfaces.
That camera is done for, no amount of rinsing can save it.
>>
>>2724050
>But the remaining 10% is not the same he does.
probably the same reason /p/ can't into basic English.
>>
>>2723950
Well done, buddy
>>
File: image.png (205 KB, 470x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
205 KB, 470x300
>>2723973
The lack of credit shits me to tears. Noticing it more and more.

Had some wannabe singer scam some promo shots out of me as a 'tfp portfolio' shoot. Bitch is still posting them up with a million hashtags yet no credit. I'm sticking with paid models and contracts from now on.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.