[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/ I'm looking for a software that I can install on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1419534104546.jpg (670 KB, 3405x2266) Image search: [Google]
1419534104546.jpg
670 KB, 3405x2266
Hi /g/

I'm looking for a software that I can install on my Nikon's sd card that would copy every pictures in another folder. I film police scenes, and I want to have a backup folder if a cop deletes pictures on the DCIM folder.
>>
>>2718084
>Hi /g/
>/g/

You what?
>>
1. This is /p/, not /g/
2. If you're in America, cops can't delete your photos, and they can't make you delete your photos.
3. If you seriously think this is a legitimate concern (pretty sure it isn't, and you're just some kid who is getting his first taste of edgy), get a body that has two sd card slots. It'll automatically make two copies of every image. Someone asks for your card (they won't, but this is hypothetical), you can hand them one and walk away with the second.

But no one's going to do that.
>>
>>2718085
op posted in /g/ first, they told him to come here

>>2718088
> you're just some kid who is getting his first taste of edgy
this
>>
>>2718088

I live in Montreal where police usually ask you to delete data to not be hurt
>>
>>2718095

They can't make you delete photos in Canada, either. Freedom of press and all that.
>>
>>2718099
Yes I know my rights

I tell the cop i'm not going to delete pictures
Then he gets angry and call some pig friends
Then I delete data to make him calm and walk home with second copies

>don't want to go in jail with a broken camera like some activists
>>
>>2718102
>like some activists

hoo boy. anyway, just do like i said and go get a body with a second sd slot.

or, go buy an eyefi card. it creates its own little wireless network that will transmit photos to your phone, laptop, whatever else that is connected to the network.
>>
>>2718106

oh yes i forgot these wifi sd cards

probably I say things a bit stranger than they should because I usually don't write in english

sorry
>>
>>2718107

nah, you're fine. good luck with liberte and all that.
>>
>WiFi SD card

Peel off the sticker and swap it for a different one.

Anyway, assuming camera is already on, which it should be if it happens in a quick space of time, you have to open the transfer app on your phone or tablet and quickly copy it over while they're asking for the card/deletion.

Unless you want to shoot it live to the tablet/phone at the same time etc.
>>
File: 1378577452194.jpg (113 KB, 698x456) Image search: [Google]
1378577452194.jpg
113 KB, 698x456
>>2718084
Piriform Recuva

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeLEICA Camera AG (Leitz)
Camera ModelLeica M (type 240) left-handed edition
PhotographerKenneth, of House Rockwell, Lord of Saturation
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
Australia here, "first world as fuck"
After a late night on the way home in the rain my mate saw some cops arresting a homeless bloke for standing in a doorway too long trying to stay out of the rain. Mate began to record on his phone. In the city at night cops move in groups of 5-6. we were about 30meters away when he was filming. Shit ensued. he was detained, dropped his phone and handcuffed in the gutter. over the next hour there was about 5 cop cars and an interview truck. No charges, because no shit you can film the police. When he was finally let go and we walked off, the video was deleted by the cop who picked his phone off the ground. The two female cops who were holding his hysterical wife were on the verge of tears themselves knowing how bullshit this situation was. but still not one would give me their name while we waited. (they covered their badges, cause its cold yo) Fuck Cops and Goodnight.
>>
>>2718882
I've been harassed by Aussie cops for street shooting as well. Made fun of me for telling them I had been doing nothing wrong, harassed me for about 20 minutes trying to convince me to let them search my bag. Needless to say I'm not a fan of their work
>>
>>2718882
>on his phone
>we were about 30 meters away when he was filming
Quality evidence there mate. They sure feared to be recognized.
Next time stay away from problems.
>>
PSNI officers in Northern Ireland can request that you delete photos involving their faces as there is a legitimate threat against their safety if their identities are published.
>>
>>2718088
>If you're in America, cops can't delete your photos, and they can't make you delete your photos.
"Can't" and "aren't supposed to" are two very different things.
>>
File: 1443513765131.jpg (13 KB, 285x288) Image search: [Google]
1443513765131.jpg
13 KB, 285x288
>>2718896
>>
>>2718824
>Recuva
This. When you delete a file the data is still there, it's just the data that tells the computer/camera where to find the file on the disk/card that's gone. Until that data is written over by something else, you can get it back.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.