[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contemporary Photographers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: decisive-moment.jpg1_.jpg (287 KB, 821x550) Image search: [Google]
decisive-moment.jpg1_.jpg
287 KB, 821x550
Where can I read/learn about notable contemporary photographers?

Do you have any favorite photographers that are working today?

I want to see what photographers are currently doing.
>>
go magnum website
>>
the contemporaries i enjoy:

antoine d'agata
todd hido
gregory crewdson
trent parke
alex soth
and plenty more

americansuburbx is a pretty good source for good classics and contemporaries, check it out.
>>
>>2716514 (OP) #
>Where can I read/learn about notable contemporary photographers?
I wish it was this easy, you got to look for it. I keep a tumblr account just to search for something different (reposts, not tumblr photographers).

>Do you have any favorite photographers that are working today?
yamamoto masao
miguel rio branco
clyde butcher
nanĂ£ sousa dias
thomas dworzak (kavkaz)

clyde and nanĂ£ are landscape photographers, thomas and miguel are street photographers (miguel is the most brilliant color photographer all times), yamamoto masao does a thing of his own
>>
If you live in a bigger city, there's bound to be some art galleries which should have exhibitions on contemporary photographers, local and international
>>
>>2716536
>yamamoto masao

holy fuck, that guy is spectacular.
>>
>>2716514
Jared Polin is pretty good imo
>>
Hiroshi Sugimoto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z3Cc6naiSA
>>
>>2717334
>beat takeshi

fuck yeah. that guys awesome, a well rounded artist. i remember his appearance on the araki docu, he said something like araki enjoyed making what he does a lot, all the time. unlike him: for him working was pain, enjoyable only sometimes and he thought his stuff was really not so good lol ..didnt seem phased by that, i liked his sincerity
>>
I'm a big fun of Beat Takeshi's film.
My favorite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-7eNtLia6o
>>
>>2716593
10/10
>>
>>2716514

nadev kander did some real cool shit in 09
>>
>>2716570
"spectcular" is really the last word which would come to my mind in regard to these anxious snapshits.
>>
>>2717570

yeah thats why i said it, and not you. amazing isnt it?
>>
>>2717573
aren't you one fine hipster?
>>
Listen to The Candid Frame podcast.
>>
>>2717570

>>>peterlik.com
>>
>>2717513
That's a nice Fallout 4 mod.
>>
>>2717607

This was taken is east europe, so you mean stalker.

Fucking normie.
>>
>>2717334
>>2717336
>beat takeshi
yea, his movie "hana-bi" is one of the most beautiful I've seen!

>>2717513
very nice indeed, I didn't know him, thank you.
>>
>>2717617
Not previous poster, but this is in Chongqing Municipality, Southeast China.

http://art.newcity.com/2015/11/06/review-grace-of-intentionmuseum-of-contemporary-photography/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongqing

So, no, it can't be 'stalker'. Unless you are ignorant enough to see a "stalker aesthetic" in everything that is not west. Which would qualify you as a top tier normie.
Fucking normie.
>>
>>2716514
Photographers are doing shit.
photography is inconsequential. It is dead.
waste ur time in something else that might actually be important.
>>
File: Stephen Gill.png (479 KB, 575x460) Image search: [Google]
Stephen Gill.png
479 KB, 575x460
I like to go to http://triangletriangle.com/random
Click the photographer's name to go to their website
>>
>>2716593

FROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
knows photeu
>>
>>2719186

kek

Was not expecting for someone to respond that quickly.
>>
>>2716570
why do all the "pro" photogs only have their photos on their own sites, at 400x400, optionally inside some shitty flash player?

I just want to look at photos, and not have to wait for them to load or squint at thumbnail-sized "pictures".
>>
>>2719196
They don't care about you looking at their photos. They're working for a living, not making art to entertain people who have nothing to offer them.
>>
>>2719197
Why make art at all then, if you're not going to share it with the world and enlighten it?
>>
>>2719242
>Why make art at all then, if you're not going to share it with the world and enlighten it?

u serius?
the world dont give a fuck.
only some 1% fuckers, looking to up their assets.
>>
>>2719242
>If you're good at something, never do it for free
>>
>>2719261
Fucking capitalists. Art is not about money, it transcends money, time, and distance. If it's so good, it needs to be shown to the world.
>>
>>2719284
>Art is not about money, it transcends money, time, and distance.

thats Love, you humungous faggot.
>>
>>2719284
That sounds great, but can you eat it?
>>
>>2719285

love transcends none of those things T_T
>>
>>2719284

dial back the ego son

i make my art for me
>>
>>2719293

it does. but it is something made by two. so your "love" for your waifu doesnt apply for this.
>>
>>2719295
Yeah, you can keep your ``art'' to yourself, I wasn't talking about you.
>>
>>2719296

haha sure bro, i'll make sure to pin your post to the ceiling of your hospice so you can see it as you die
>>
>>2717334

holy shit just watched this video.
it literally fucked my shit up. his ideas are so seemingly "simple" its ridiculous, he has very clever way for pulling them off.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.