[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been into photography for quite a while and recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: leaves-min.jpg (549 KB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
leaves-min.jpg
549 KB, 3456x2304
I've been into photography for quite a while and recently started taking actually taking pictures. I've never taken classes or anything similar.
>pic related, took it this morning, thoughts?
>>
File: grass-min.jpg (751 KB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
grass-min.jpg
751 KB, 3456x2304
Another picture from this morning. Also itt post your favourite/recent pictures that you took
>>
These look exactly like every picture people take when they first start out.
>>
>>2716465
I'm pretty much one of them, aren't I?
>>
>>2716468
What I'm getting at is don't shoot random shit. Put a little thought into your photos. Have a subject. Tell a story. Show a scene. Give me something. This is just "look, grass".
>>
>>2716473
I know what you're saying. It's just that this is the first time I'm using this camera, I was just playing around with the settings and things just to get the hang of it
>>
>>2716476
We also get what you're saying. What we're saying is:
1. Experimental photos are fine. However, "the grass" and "the leaf in the sun" don't really communicate much.
2. Part of photography is showing the best of the best. We didn't need to see these. It may sound harsh, but in a week, a month, or a year, you will understand exactly what I mean.
>>
>>2716479
Thanks for your help :) I'll make sure that next time they actually have a theme or a point, instead of something looking like a stock photo without the watermark
>>
>>2716486
It's never wrong to shoot photos just to have fun, or to get to know your camera. But remember, there is a difference between photos you shoot for fun, and photos you share with the world. Ask yourself if anyone has any reason to look at your photos before sharing them.
>>
>>2716465
Lol, it isn't bad. People just taking pictures of what they are think is beautiful. It's nice they are looking for nature around and it's foolish to expect 11/10 top 500px picture from amateur photographer. Let them do what they like and they will be better and better in it with each shot.
>>
>>2716506
I agree
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.