[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Left handed DSLR? Has anyone tried to a DIY MOD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: lefthandedshooter.jpg (48 KB, 620x426) Image search: [Google]
lefthandedshooter.jpg
48 KB, 620x426
The thing is, I want to become a professional photographer.

But I don't like Zoom lenses. Only primes can deliver the results I want.

So instead of using one single camera with zoom lenses to cover from portrait to group photos. I will try to use two DSLR, one with a 50mm 1.4, other with a 24mm 1.8

But to make things faster, I want to be able to shoot from my left hand.

Is it possible?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON
Camera ModelCOOLPIX S220
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.1
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2010:04:24 13:26:49
Exposure Time1/130 sec
F-Numberf/3.1
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating80
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length6.30 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width620
Image Height426
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
File: 6657.jpg (84 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
6657.jpg
84 KB, 640x360
SAY CHEESE, MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>laughingwhores.jpg

OP is a cripple. LOL.
>>
>>2716215
Dude what
>>
>>2716215
What does a prime lens do for you that a zoom doesnt
>>
The only sensible reason for this would be if you had a disability.
>>
>>2716215
Your right hand is so weak that you can't push a button, OP? how do you fap?
>>
>>2716222
Prime has increased sharpness.

Also is faster.
>>
>>2716241
kek
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwOh4oqrR4
>>
>>2716241
Oh so you're using shitty lenses then. Okay.

Pro tips 1 through 3:
1)zooms can be just as sharp as primes
2)sharpness has never once improved a photo
3)bokeh is a lazy man's composition, and only looks good when you're beginning because you aren't used to it, and don't know how to put in the effort to find a good background/environment for your photos.
>>
>>2716222

A zoom lens processes (physically) light 16-20 times and shits it out before it gets to your sensor. Primes have much less glass and give better results.
>>
dual wielding cameras?
you'll just randomly snap without even framing any right. and how do you even access any other dial?
if you want to carry several bodies for every prime lens, sure you are allowed to be ridiculous, but you'll only be holding them one at a time, the other(s) only attached by the strap, or in a camera bag.
>>
that wedding photographer on the b and h youtube channel uses two cameras to shoot simultaneously, what he does is just hold the other upside down, no mods
>>
>>2716313
It's apparently 1986.
>>
>>2716313
Please compare:
Sigma 18-35
Canon 24-70 f/2.8 mk2
Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS L mk2
Fuji 50-140

against

Canon 50 f/1.4
Canon 35
MOST PRIMES.

A zoom can be (and many times will be) sharper than almost every prime ever made.

Also, if you're shooting wide open, you aren't anywhere near your best sharpness anyway.

Stop reading and start taking photos.

Essentially what you're doing is saying you need to spend $5000 on a modem and router to get you the best WiFi range and transmission, and you're planning to use it with you 12 year old wireless card that struggles to pull in 2.4GHz spectrum.

You're min-maxing and your results are going to be hilariously bad.

>Only primes can deliver the results that I want
>To make things FASTER
>Shoot from my left hand using two DSLRS

If you want to max out the sharpness of even the nifty fifty, you need to be on a rock solid tripod, using mirror lock-up, at f/5.6, at ISO 100.

The second you put your camera in your hand, you're not going to reach your sharpness. The second you come within two stops of wide open...

Man I love new photographers who are so sure of themselves... it's so cute.
>>
>>2716329
whatever you do to a zoom lens to improve the image quality, you can do the same to a prime lens and get even better results.

Just see the dxomark tests, the best lenses are still the primes.
>>
>>2716342
The fastest cars are still F1 cars, but it doesn't mean you should take the stereo and back seat out of your Camry.
>>
>>2716342
you mean, the Otus lenses?
yeah sure, but those have more elements in them than long-range zooms.
way to ruin your point about primes having less glass.
>>
>>2716222
make you move your ass
>>
>>2716374
Which, depending on how important perspective is to you, could be a big disadvantage.
>>
>>2716377
true if you're a lot interested in using photography to tell stories and are a lot concerned about how you tell them. but usually when i go out with a camera i just want to have fun and i find prime lenses relaxing. but if i have to shot an event zoom is the way
>>
>>2716391
To each his own. Primes work better for some people, zooms work better for others. To me, zooms can act like a prime any time I want them to. But I sacrifice the faster aperture, and in some cases, size.
>>
I swear to god op is trying to bait. This is the stupidest shit ive ever heard.
>>
>>2716341
Whilst I agree with your philosophy to leave the thread and take photographs, and the general gear doesn't make good photographs, you do idea. You are absolutely, inexplicitly incorrect when you say "A zoom can be (and many times will be) sharper than almost every prime ever made." It is literally the opposite.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.