[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
National News Photos - Offer Made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 201511565638936c7e9.jpg (86 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
201511565638936c7e9.jpg
86 KB, 800x600
So in national news the killing of Laquan McDonald has been in the headlines for weeks. I realized I have some really good photos (6 shots) I took of the officer who killed him, Jason Van Dyke, beating peaceful protesters with his fists and a billy club in Chicago during NATO '12 protests.

The photos are NEF, well shot. I'm trying to sell them to press. A major Chicago newspaper has offered me $125 for rights for 10 days, $125 more if they publish.

Considering these are hot photos of national news, what is fair?
>>
ask /pol/
>>
They won't offer you what they can actually afford. If you are the only one with these images you should bargain for much more
>>
>>2715713
>The photos are NEF
Damn I'm sorry OP. Your shots are worthless for journalistic work now.
>>
>>2715713
I would pay to see peaceful protesters.
>>
>>2715713
If they are impactful, well-composed images that clearly show his face I would go for at least twice what they are offering.
>>
>>2715745
I fucking hate all the uneducated idiots who associate RAW files with photoshopping. We need to drill into their heads that you can still photoshop Jpegs, RAW files just have more color information
>>
>>2715797
I hate uneducated idiots who think this change has anything to do with editing and not work flow.
>>
>>2715797
Tell that to Reuters.
>>
File: 1319188646874.jpg (67 KB, 640x433) Image search: [Google]
1319188646874.jpg
67 KB, 640x433
>>2715713
Add a 0 to your "125" and you'll do fine.

>>2715797
Welcome to /p/. Read >>2706324 and get out.
>>
>>2715713
In this situation once you sell the photo to one outlet can you also sell it to others? Or does it become their sole property? Can you sell a picture to a bunch of different media outlets and make a lot of money?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.