[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any m42 wide angle thats not expensive as fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: s-l400 (1).jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
s-l400 (1).jpg
27 KB, 400x300
Any m42 wide angle thats not expensive as fuck?
>>
Nope. Depends on your idea of expensive. Over here, the 20mm MIR goes for $150, that's the bottom line for M42 wide angles, excluding shit fisheyes. Their increasing popularity elevates the prices, they'll only go up as gearfags do their googling. Your best bet is native language slav auction sites, ebay usually sticks to western prices.
>>
>>2715735
>native language slav auction sites

would you post any of these?
>>
>>2715796
The further east you go, the cheaper it gets. Ukraine's a prime bargain land because their currency is plummeting due to the ongoing crisis, horrible and at the same time, oy vey, profittable.

aukro.cz - Czech.
allegro.pl - Polish
aukro.ua - Ukrainian
molotok.ru - Russian, the motherlode of non-german M42 glass, amusingly, their prices often trend with global ebay ones, the greedy cunts.

There are prolly others, that's all I bothered researching so far. Sadly, the cheapest bargains are usually mislabeled or the seller's a mongoloid with no clue what they're selling, so you have to know the language to find them, let alone arrange an international trade with'em.
There's plenty of professional resellers, though, that still offer a bargain price for usd/eur and are more than willing to ship worldwide.

If anyone finds anything I said wrong or something, do pitch in, it'd be appreciated~
>>
File: 20151202-DSC00507.jpg (494 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
20151202-DSC00507.jpg
494 KB, 2000x1333
>>2715695
>Yashica DS-M 50mm f1.7
>Beroflex 28mm f2.8
>Helios 44-m4 ( 44-m3 is better )
>Pentacon 50mm f1.8 ( one of my fav')
>Cosina 50mm f1.8
>Vivitar 135mm f2.8
>Beroflex 135mm f2.8
Those are the cheapest but not the worst lens I got. Also Domiplan 50mm f2.8 is LOMO-tier shit but can produce some nice results in bright daylight.
pic is Cosina 50 1.8 @2.8.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:12:05 23:20:21
Exposure Time1/60 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1000
Brightness-4.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceDaylight Fluorescent
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: 20151108-IMG_2893.jpg (530 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
20151108-IMG_2893.jpg
530 KB, 2000x1333
The Jupiter 11A is also a hidden gem. f4 minimum, but tack sharp from there to f/11, plus a 90cm MFD. I bet a 5Ds wouldn't out-resolve it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Windows)
PhotographerDavid MORNET
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:12:05 23:28:24
Exposure Time4 sec
F-Numberf/1.4
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/1.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
If you want to know if a lens fits on your Canon :
http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/index.html
>>
>>2715826
F4 MAXIMUM, not minimum
>>
>>2715695
Zenitar 16mm
Mir 20mm
>>
>>2715822
>Any m42 WIDE ANGLE thats not expensive as fuck?
Read nigger, only one of your lenses can be considered a wide.
>>
>>2715695
How wide a wide angle do you need?

With a bit of luck you can get an Aus Jena 35mm f/2.8 for cheap (got mine for €0,50), because most people don't know it's actually a Carl Zeiss Jena. Quality is decent, focuses really close too (18cm iirc).
>>
>>2715903

was thinking a 28 for street. also id like a wider one, like 21 or 23mm, to get the jeanlopu sieff look.
>>
>>2715695
28mm is quite cheap.
anything else is lol expensive.
>>
>>2715695
>m42
>expensive as fuck

pick one
>>
>>2715695
Miida makes a 28 2.8 for cheap. It's not sharp though.
>>
>>2715826
The fuck did you post about your 135mm telephoto, autist?
>>
Actually, on the subject of wide angle M42s, I recently became the owner of a Pentax Spotmatic with a shit ton of lenses. Most work perfect, but one, a Tamron Auto 28mm f2.8 has a broken off auto aperture pin. I can use it in M mode fine, but I want to know how I can calibrate the aperture, as the front of the lens rotates about, and this screws up the size of all the aperture settings.
>>
Oh and this:

Any m42 camera that can work on shutter priority (or full auto) but that also is similar to a spotmatic (as in small and handy)?
>>
>>2717446
Oh wow, you're dumb. There is nothing small and handy about a spotmatic.
There are no shutter priority M42 cameras, and the only cameras that can even tell what aperture the lens is set to are the Pentax ES and ESII, and the Fujicas.
And that's only with their proprietary lenses.
Your cheapest option for a non-junk mount with a wide variety of junk lenses to choose from is Pentax K.
>>
>>2715695
You're using it on a M42 camera or adapted? Because you probably can buy a good modern wide-angle for less than a good M42 one IMHO. Wide-angle MF prices are going through the roof, even for those with terrible edges.
>>
>>2717481

i have my spotmatic with the super tak 1.4, but its too narrow for street. i want a good street lens. in fact i want a good combo thats fast for street action, an inconspicuous semi auto slr with a nice wide angle lens.
>>
File: v4a3mioWIfk.jpg (41 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
v4a3mioWIfk.jpg
41 KB, 604x453
I think i might consider the p&s path.

Any film p&s that has good quality glass and is fixed 28mm? Looking for something like that, i got into Ricoh GR1 territory, but fuck that hipster price tax.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.