[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I read to learn about white balance and that fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
What should I read to learn about white balance and that fucking levels diagram thing? Apparently it's important...

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width354
Image Height352
>>
File: led_color_temp.jpg (102 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
led_color_temp.jpg
102 KB, 900x600
Different types of light have different color temperatures. The histogram is just a way to visualize the black point and white point of different color channels. You can adjust those levels to compensate for different color temperatures.
>>
In Lightroom click with the WB eyedropper on a neutral grey. That's pretty much all you need.
>>
>>2715431
not op but I'm on a similar boat. Trying to git gudder, and while I know how more or less to do a decent post, I want to know what diagrams I should look at and how to read them, if I ever need to. Hell even learning how to read diagrams of lens/camera performance would be highly appreciated just so I know what they entail . I'll try to find one I saw yesterday and post it, and hopefully someone can help me understand it
>>
Here, all content is very good : http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/learn-photography-concepts.htm

Also take a look at the "tutorials" and have fun.
>>
>>2715506
thanks for the link, it's great. you have anything else for reading Photoshop/light room diagrams and what not. gonna go do some googling, I just figured I'd ask
>>
Shoot everything with overcast.
>>
>>2715426
The fucking camera manual.
>>
>>2715712
look up on dan margulis books: "the classic guide to color correction" and "photoshop lab color: canyon conundrum...", the latter being a bit more specialized, not so useful. both are staple of digital photo processing bibliography. both are available on libgen, I think.
>>
>Florescent is cool
>Incandescent is warm
>Tungsten is hot
It's all perfectly logical
>>
>>2715769
>florescent

oh flo where did you go wooooah
>>
>>2715769
>Florescent is cool
Actually, they're green.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.