[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Polaroid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: spirit-600-cl[1].jpg (51 KB, 250x262) Image search: [Google]
spirit-600-cl[1].jpg
51 KB, 250x262
Looking to get a 600 series Polaroid camera because I'm a dirty fucking hipster.

Which ones do you recommend?
>>
File: polaroid.jpg (35 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
polaroid.jpg
35 KB, 500x475
>>2713323
they are all the same. i wouldn't waste your money on one right now to be honest. the film is just way too expensive. BUT if you have the cash....

get the polaroid sx-70 onestep. its the one i have and will make you an EXTRA dirty hipster.

i have another type that i got at a garage sale (the best place to get polaroid cameras for cheap) but again, haven't used it, because the film is too expensive.
>>
>>2713323
Do you plan on using it? Why no Instax, they are ugly as fuck but at least they don't make you poor
>>
>>2713423
I do, actually.
I like the appeal of those old instant photos. Nostalgia if you will.
>>
>>2713500
>Why no Instax?
Still stands
>>
>>2713501
Don't these use a newer "printing" process?
>>
I adore my One600 Pro. Tripod socket. It's sleek, black and silver. I'll upload later. I have 3 impulses, one 600LMS, a One step Close up. My only regret is not finding one with Sonar auto focus! I'm going to purchase an SLR670m from MiNT! It's upgraded folding sx 70.
>>
>>2713323
There used to be a shitload of 600 Business Editions on eBay NIB. I would get one of these if possible.
>>
My only issue is my rollers go bad. I've read alot of the literature from TIP but i can't same to do away with it. I would hate to ruin a pack of film after noticing streaks. There's never any gunk and they seem to roll fine. I've cleaned them but feels risky.
>>
>>2713590
Is there a difference between the Sun600LMS and the OneStep Closeup except for the closeup thing obviously?
Looking to get a 660 with that sonar autofocus system, are those better?
>>
>>2713874
To my knowledge the 600LMS was made in 1983 as well as the Close Up Step Up. (I could be wrong) There's a lot of onestep models in 90's.
The close up lens appears to be a gimmick in my opinion as I can't tell difference between my shots with the Close Up.
Keep in mind the 600 line all have plastic lens, so, I figured a plastic magnifier...eh. Not to mention it's not an slr, so you can't tell the difference. I'm currently using the 600LMS as my Close-Up's rollers have ruined some shots. Don't feel like taking a risk after cleaning them.
I havve not been lucky to use the sonar auto focus on any models, but the idea is the sonar, sends sounds between you and the subject, to focus your shot. I would get it definitely if the price was right.
>>
>>2714113
Difference via the viewfinder*
Also, I have B&W2.0 film ariving for my Polaroid Spectra,, which has Sonar AF. So Can't waity to try.
>>
>>2714114
>>2714113

Nice, thanks a bunch.
>>
File: FriendBW2.0IPSpectra.png (824 KB, 1032x581) Image search: [Google]
FriendBW2.0IPSpectra.png
824 KB, 1032x581
>>2713874
>>2714114
My cousin wanted to keep picture so here's a shit grab from my galaxy.
Spectra System IP BW2.0
Has teh Sonar Focus. Can't tell if works because..not slr. I like it, i should have turned off me flash though,.
>>
>>
>>2714113
Most have F8 or F11 lenses and two focus zones. How useful is the AF in practice than? Is it a different look from 600 models?
>>
>>2717482
The film is rectangular rather than square. The lens appear to still be plastic but my pictures seem sharper. As far as the Sonar Auto focus, I'm lost. There's suppose to be a readout in my viewfinder but I haven't had chance to mess with the settings. I have an double exposure mode, zone focus mode, overide flash option, lighten/darken.
>>
>>2717482
Also forgot to mention, timer option.
From wiki. "

MENU

Random Page

Cameras

Browse

Camerapedia

Community

"" style="box-sizing: border-box; max-width: 100%; border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

CAMERAPEDIAPOLAROID SPECTRA

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Polaroid Spectra ProPolaroidintroduced the Spectra system of cameras in 1986. It was an all-new line of cameras, and had a corresponding new film. Spectra film (called 'Image' outside of North America) is different from 600 integral film in that it has a different image format: a rectangular 9.2 x 7.3cm rather than 600 film's square format. Spectra film is otherwise identical to 600 film - ISO speed, development method and operation remain identical. The Spectra range of cameras also sport better lenses on average than the 600-film range, with most of the models utilising an arc-shaped range of focusing lenses inside the body that swing across the exterior lens element to provide correct focusing, rather than adjusting the distance between internal lens elements. Spectra cameras are thought to take higher-quality pictures than a conventional 600 Polaroid camera, due to the camera's higher build quality and a proportionally larger print area."
>>
>>2713500
>Likes the appeal of the old pictures
>no original Polaroid film anymore
>Impossible project looks not even close
>>
>>2713509
No, Polaroid film does though ;^)
>>
>>2717529
There's a whole story behind it. But they are working to achieve that... Tired of you people nitpicking. The B&W2.0 is fabulous. Color will get there.
>>
>>2717540
>Itt people that never used original Polaroid film with a half decent camera.

Ip stuff is horseshit
>>
>>2717547

kekekekeke for truth
>>
>>2717482
So, I read my manual and if you shutter halfway the computer reads out the distance between the subject and an indicator light based on your settings via the viewfinder. It's quite nifty, the sonar.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.