[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All you need is photoshop and a cell phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: ambientturquoise.jpg (160 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
ambientturquoise.jpg
160 KB, 2560x1440
All you need is photoshop and a cell phone
>>
File: 1349391754839.jpg (154 KB, 960x796) Image search: [Google]
1349391754839.jpg
154 KB, 960x796
>>2712922
Good luck photographing birds, sports, subjects at night, macro, timelapse. Also using flashes, being technically creative, changing perspective...
>>
The only one I'd care about in that list is night photography, but you can mimic night in photoshop.
>>
>>2712934
>you can mimic night in photoshop

Wow. Why would you take photos at all. You can just mimic shit in photoshop.
>>
>>2712936
I've been doing that lately actually
>>
>>2712925
>birds, sports
adaptive tele-lenses

>subjects at night
app with manual shutter control

>macro
adaptive macro-lens

>timelaps
app with timelaps feature

>flashes
flashes w/ wlan/blueletooth do exist (notice: phone is slave)

>technically creative
phones are technique, aren't they.

>changing perpective
yeah .. ?? maybe using a phone would help YOU change perspective

... all points disproven. you're moron. old man.
>>
>>2712952

>adaptive tele-lenses
inb4 turtleback lens mount for iPhone.

>app with manual shutter control
slowest shutter speed is 1 (or 2) sec

>adaptive macro-lens
Olloclip with horrible distortion/fringing

>app with timelaps feature
hm okay.

>flashes w/ wlan/blueletooth do exist (notice: phone is slave)
crowdfunding of a triggertrap with TTL support has failed / won't happen. LED flashes are shit.

>phones are technique, aren't they.
Hurrdurr

>yeah .. ?? maybe using a phone would help YOU change perspective
wat

>all points disproven
not in the slightest, fuccboi
>>
>>2712922
What a pointless and useless thread...
shoot with what you have. If you can't afford a dslr with a high quality lens and all you have is a cellphone, than that is what you shoot with.
>>
>>2713075
Why is it pointless? Maybe I've saved guys money and they're rethinking what photography is. Guys get too caught up in the gear and technicalities, its stupid.
>>
>>2712952
>adaptive tele-lenses
>The only one I'd care about in that list is night photography, but you can mimic night in photoshop.
>>
>>2713261
People also threw up when electro music started because drum machines and synths didn't sound real.
>>
>>2713268
Pfffft.
>>
>>2712922
All you need is photoshop and any camera that allows you to shoot manually.*
>>
All I need is to do things I enjoy before I die
>>
>>2713238
>photoshop
youre not making photographs anymore, you're just editing images.
just because you cant properly take a good photograph, use proper framing, use of color and shadow, or understand composition doesnt mean postprocessing your shit photo to hell makes you a photographer
>>
>>2712952
>Maybe a phone would help YOU change your perspective!

oh you're good
9/10
>>
>>2713504
>a photographer

Guess what? The title of "photographer" is NOT protected, unlike real titles like "clinical scientist", "dietician", "social worker", "radiographer", etc.

It simply means the occupation of taking, and often printing, photographs. By occupation, I may mean a job but I may also just mean an activity or task with which occupies oneself.

In other words: Click button. Receive photo. You're a photographer.

Professional photographers are just photographers who know how to market themselves. Nothing more, not anymore.
>>
File: iphone_telephoto.jpg (69 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
iphone_telephoto.jpg
69 KB, 800x534
>>2712952
>adaptive tele-lenses
>>
I've been shooting for a decade: DSLRs (crop and full frame) along with point and shoots and iPhones.

My best photos have never depended on equipment. Most was composition, a little effort, and a lot of luck.
>>
>>2712922
I sold cameras 10 years ago and remember saying "digital is at least 25 years away from film quality".

though phones don't yet compare to cameras with APSc or FF sensors, I would say we are less than a decade away from phones emulating them successfully. that is not to say that the FF sensor of 2025 will not be 650% better than the phone of the time.

But I was wrong once and I could be wrong again
>>
>>2712982
Got the LG v10 the shutter speed goes down to 30 sec.
>>
>>2713598
As if you can tell the difference
>>
>>2712922
Well, all you need to draw a portrait is a stick and a patch of dirt, but that doesn't mean it's fun or convenient, or leads to a good result.
I'm happy to spend a bit of money on a dedicated camera that will reliably give me good results, even in less than optimal conditions.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.