[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How stupid is a bus trip across the US? You can basically cross
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: MetroTransit-HybridbusL.jpg (75 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
MetroTransit-HybridbusL.jpg
75 KB, 432x288
How stupid is a bus trip across the US?

You can basically cross the country for $100...
>>
>>2707051
do whatever you want
>>
>>2707065
Anyone ever try it?
>>
Considering how long it will take to cross the US via bus, you're going to want to budget in for the occasional night in a motel just so you have a bed to sleep in & a shower in the morning.
>>
>>2707051
i did it once. sucks so bad i can't describe it well enough. 3 days of constant sitting next to people you hope to never meet again. if you think you'll stop and take some nice pics of the scenery, think again. they want to stop as little as possible and get on the road as quickly as possible. you'll get many photo opportunities of rest stops and gas stations, that's it.

the only cool thing that happened on my trip:
> bus trip from san diego to new jersey
> poor navyfag just out of boot camp going home for christmas
> bus is filled with other poor navyfags doing same
> like 6 - 7 am driving through arizona desert
> i have window seat
> happen to wake up and look out window
> beautiful desert scene of sun rising
> car next to us
> do double take
> girl is in passenger seat topless
> going down on dude
> i just stare dumbfounded think i'm dreaming
> some other dude a few rows up sees the same thing
> yells "yo! right side!"
> bus nearly tips over as bus full of horny 18 year old sailors rush the right side of the bus to see
> guy and girl just look up at us chill af no fucks given while getting head
> either the bus driver speeds up or the dude slows his car down because we start pulling away
> bus full of horny sailors start screaming at the bus driver to slow down
> we pull away, end of show

one of the funniest things i've ever experienced. but the rest of that entire trip absolutely sucked. don't do it unless you're desperate.
>>
>>2707102
Yeah that's a given. On top of that, I was thinking with the price I could get a series of tickets and not just one. Hit one spot for a few days, then another. I'll have to fully cost it, but from what I've seen so far, it's looking much cheaper than driving.

>>2707103
>>
>>2707051
I would rather spend more and actually drive rather than taking a bus. The experience and the freedom of it just cannot be beat.
>>
>be OP
>get mugged
>get raped
>>
Not op but I was thinking about taking a week off and going somewhere via train sometime next spring since I never ever travel and should probably go someplace sometime.
Any train enthusiasts wanna point me to some do's and don'ts resources?
for reference I live in Atlantic Canada, Ns to be precise.
>>
>>2707201
create a general route on where you want to go, get an idea of what the bus/train routes are at your destination on route.
but really take a car, it'll be easier.
bus/train cross country trips are tiresome and wastes alot of time. but thats just me, some people don't mind the hefty amounts of extra work and find it all as a fun adventure.
>>
>>2707212
I don't drive actually, too lazy and poor to buy a car when work and gym is just an 8 minute walk away (and are right beside each other).
I could rent which I might look into.

A car would be nice though, but I keep spending my money on photography and dirty weeb hobbies.
>>
I've only done a bus ride from one state over, and even just that was enough to make me never want to do it again.

As a contrast I did once take a bus down to Reno for a handegg game and a bit of gambling. Passengers were allowed to drink alcohol on that bus. That was a lot of fun, would do something like it again.

But yeah for a photography trip or something where its going to be better to be on your own schedule, just drive or fly there.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.