[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adobe Creative Cloud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: photoshop.png (604 KB, 1135x832) Image search: [Google]
photoshop.png
604 KB, 1135x832
Any /p/ros doing the Adobe Creative Cloud thing, paying via monthly subscription?

Is it worth it?

Any problems, glitches or drawbacks?
>>
200 a year for a metric ass ton of software is pretty good
Expand your horizons beyond photography
>>
>>2706478
if youre making money from it yes, get it of course.
>>
If you're a student, or have a friend with a .edu email, use it to sign up for CC. It costs me $15 Australian buckeroos a month for the whole suite, I'd imagine it'd be cheaper again in the US
>>
>>2706478
Just don't get the year-long subscription (which is still $10/month, charged monthly) if you're not sure about it.
A friend of mine tried to cancel and they offered to "only charge him half for the rest of the subscription"
>>
>>2706518
The student deal is amazing, but the problem I'm now facing is that I've gotten too used to using lots of the apps which are going to cost a fortune to keep using after the year is up (no longer a student so can't renew).
>>
I'm not sure how much a legal CC subscription allows you to roll back or use a certain version of the software but on paper it can be worth it.

Luckily Adobe responded to the poor response of 6.2 and restored the import menu in 6.3 but "cloud" or software that you have to sign into has never quite been my thing.
I'd have hated to be paying monthly to use Lightroom and discover that I was stuck with LR 6.2.
>>
>>2706518
This.
I started with an one-year subscription for a student account. It was pretty cheap.

There's a deal for photographers too, if I'm not mistaken...
>>
one must be really out of your mind to pay for software. as if ANY of you would need this shit. you should rather look for os stuff, you could learn something by using it. but instead you keep feeding a shit company .. for what? that you can pull some sliders so that your retarded pics look some more retarded. you're pathetic.
>>
>>2706764
Sounds like somebody is jelly they can't afford to use good software.
>>
Student here. I got Lightroom 6 for cash (no student discount available) and don't regret it one second

I don't feel I need Photoshop. Definitely not worth paying yearly for. In six months, LR will have paid for itself compared to the CC photo plan, and I can continue to use it, or subscribe to CC if I find I need Photoshop

I may or may not pick up a student license for PS CS6 before I graduate. It may lack features compared to CC, but I'm not a pro, and it'll be decades before it's worth paying a monthly blood tithe to Adobe compared to paying $300 for perpetual use of a slightly outdated software.

Also, CC shafted students hard. Only case now where you actually get a discount is if you get the whole package. And even then it's pretty useless. How many students need access to the full suite? At least back before CC you got to keep the software after you graduated. Now you get to pay full price for that.
>>
>>2706785
Where to find legit student version of CS6 on sale? I thought it was discontinued with the release of CC.
>>
File: 73TPSTALLMAN.jpg (18 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
73TPSTALLMAN.jpg
18 KB, 175x175
>paying for saass
>>
>>2706478
>not buying a full version of CS6 on ebay

Renting software is completely asinine.
>>
>>2706478
So photoshop updated to a completely new install rending my plugins useless and the former instance of the application unusable :) hooray!
>>
>>2706808
It's not discontinued. It's just off the website. About 6 months ago, I spent a few hours finding a link to where you could buy it; saved it for future use. That link now send you to their "Good goys upgrade to CC" page. But it says you can still order CS6 by phone

Don't actually know if student versions are still available by phone or it's just the regular licenses, but given that student licenses were available before, they might still be
>>
>>2706777
seems like somebody is a clueless idiot who thinks money would give him a "good software". .. dude, I tell you what: money just gives you usability, which means you just pay for you being an idiot.
kek, do you really think they got better algorithms because it's adobe?? digital, it's all the same shit, you just have to know what you're doing.

So please stop making a fool of yourself and just be quiet when it comes to topics you have no clue about.
>>
>>2706880
>digital, it's all the same shit, you just have to know what you're doing.

This is one of the better trolls I've seen on /p/ recently.
>>
To be honest Adobe is a shit company.
They recently made changes in lightroom which they're now going to roll back because the changes were shit.
I had to disable hardware acceleration because Lightroom would lock up. Sometimes it crashes or behaves in a weird manner...
IMO if you're not making good money using their software, don't buy it. It's not hard to pirate.
>>
As a student I got the entire cs3 suite for like $300 and the company I work for now pays for the cloud

>das it mayne
>>
>>2706880
Dont feed this fucking troll
>>
>>2706880
Tell me what softwares you use for photos, RAW and other processing. Legit curious.
>>
>>2706868
Since you're a dick and didn't include the link, here it is:

http://www.adobe.com/products/cs6.html
>>
>>2707000
ufraw for still raw photos with further processing with imagick and gimp. but i do mostly motion, so cinlerra and blender. (blender's compositor btw is fantastic for creating own low-level-based filters .. it is incredible mighty [but so is imagick])
>>
>>2707077
*cinelerra

(which is mighty, accurate and as most fast as fuck [if you know what you're doing])
>>
>>2706785
>How many students need access to the full suite?

You don't need to use the full suite, just one or two apps on top of Photoshop/Lightroom. For my postgraduate degree (when I subscribed to CC) it was invaluable to have access to Illustrator & Premiere, for example. And mine wasn't even an art/design subject.
>>
>>2706880
>paying for usability makes you an idiot

Do you complain when Ford make you pay for a steering wheel in your new car? I mean, you don't need it, all it does is make the steering more usable.

Whilst I've used a crapload of FLOSS for over a decade, I'm not so autistically up its ass like you that I refuse to admit when paying gives me a better product.
>>
>>2707100
> steering wheel = fundamental function

>fundamental function != usability

learn to prepare an argument. a valid paralell would have been: do I complain when Ford includes an automated park distance control system?

Yes, because this is for retards and I don't want to pay money for somethin I can do on my own with a little effort.

Saying this would be a better car because of this feature (aka better software because xy slider) is so stupid that I really question your ability to think further than potato.

Now please be quiet and train parking.
>>
>>2707129
You think a steering wheel is the only way to steer?
>>
>>2706894
As a professional software engineer I can tell you that all software is fucking garbage. The difference between proprietary and open source software is you can see the open source one is a god damn clusterfuck that can't be salvaged, while the proprietary software has UX people to make fancy progress bars and shit so you think it's better but underneath it's even more of a clusterfuck because they have zero reasons to fix it.
>>
It's definitely worth it. I still have a hard copy of Lightroom 6 or whatever they're up to now just in case I want to cancel my subscription
>>
>>2707237
Know how I know you're at least in school for programming if not actually telling the truth?
>thinking end users give a fuck what's under the hood and not about usability

Fit and finish are important.

Oh and the idea that every tool's implementation is the same is retarded.
>>
Student here. I thepiratebay'ed all the adobe cc things because i need them for school works (from illustrator to premiere). I prefer CC over CS6 that i used to work on past 3 Years.
But for my personal photo stuff, I prefer RawTherapee and GIMP.
>>
what happened to piracy?
>>
>>2707765
Adulthood.
>>
i bought production suite retail 4 months before they went cloud. fuck adobe... just sayin
>>
>>2706478
>paying for Adobe software
nigger just crack that shit and use it for free.
>>
Student here. The student discount for photography is like $10 a month. So I mean, if you're not eating out all the time and actually earning money, you can afford it.

No complaints so far.
>>
File: DSC01683.jpg (1 MB, 1077x1920) Image search: [Google]
DSC01683.jpg
1 MB, 1077x1920
>>2706913
I pirated the Master Collection successfully, but I can't crack Lightroom cuz there's no prompt to begin offline activation. Now I'm paying for the Creative Cloud photography package lol.

Might just buy Lightroom though, since it's only $150. Paying for Creative Cloud could easily surpass that amount.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelSLT-A33
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)52 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:07:25 23:16:17
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Brightness-2.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceTungsten
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length35.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2709842
That pic looks eerily like me. Bass, glasses, haircut, shit, everything. Weird.
>>
>>2706478
I'm a graphic designer by trade so yeah, i use indesign and illustrator literally every single day of my life. having LR and bridge in there is just a bonus, as well as having shit like audition and after effects and premier and everything else to play around with and expand your technical creative knowledge with
>>
>>2706528
>he didn't just lie and say he's graduating in 2025
i graduated in 2013 and still pay student prices
>>
>>2706764
literally the top software in the industry. stop being a fucking hipster. adobe has its problems but it's still the best solution. you're fucking retarded if you don't use them, especially in 2015 when all the programs are so integrated and the workflow is amazingly simple.
>>
>>2711053
dude ... you is dumbhead. you can intergrat you're top indwustry softwar inna your ass, once you putted out all da nigga dick. go 'n tickle your fancy adobee sliders and keep be moron.
>>
I've paying this since a year now but I've never used it =/
>>
my company pays for it, its good, esp the cloud features.

i pirate it at home tho...
>>
I've got the Photographers package, PS and LR for about £8 a month, bargain. Definitely worth it.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.