[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else use battery grips just for vanity reasons? sure,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: Nikon-D300-battery-Grip.jpg (15 KB, 283x300) Image search: [Google]
Nikon-D300-battery-Grip.jpg
15 KB, 283x300
anyone else use battery grips just for vanity reasons?
sure, the extra battery life and portrait shooting ergonomics are nice and all, but i want my shitty dslr look like D4s

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePicasa 3.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width283
Image Height300
>>
That just looks like shit. I'd rather not.
>>
I use one a lot, but only because the D600 grip is built for a dainty ballerina.
>>
I don't want to make my camera even bigger and clumsier so I don't use one.
I get the more convenient portrait shooting, but somehow I always managed to shoot portraits anyways without dislocating my shoulder. The added battery life is a shit argument. Just carry another battery with you. I can't really find an argument against being a pretentious faggot.
>>
Nope, I only use one for comfort.
And only with certain lenses.

But looking badass is a nice plus, I'll give you that.
>>
>>2706294
>anyone else use battery grips just for vanity reasons?

Most people who use battery grips use them for vanity.
>>
>>2706294
I totally bought one for vanity reasons.

HOWEVER, I found that it is more comfortable for portrait and when I've got the 70-200 on.
>>
I like the extra battery life and ergonomics(camera feels GREAT in the hand and it's caused me to shoot in portrait orientation more) but the vanity reasons are big for me. People think my 600D is a lot better than it is, which makes them think I'm pro or at least better than their little sister with the same camera, which is nice.

Also, the ability to use AA batteries(AKA, what I use in my flash) in a pinch is reason enough for most people to consider a battery grip.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (607 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
607 KB, 1600x1600
I've got a 40D with a battery grip and I've painted some red rings on my lenses and people think I'm a total pro or something, and it's gotten me business, just saying.

Bottomline is people think (mistakenly) that big camera+big lens+big flash+lens hood+red ring=pro photographer so we should take advantage of that.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Macintosh)
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:11:19 16:14:47
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1600
Image Height1600
>>
>>2706348
btw total cost of everything in that pic is around 500 quid (4 lenses one body, battery grip and a flash...)
>>
>>2706294
>Cursed with large man hands
>Most consumer electronics designed in Japan where people are bite-sized
>Have to contort fingers into arthritis-inducing nosferatu claws to press buttons

Forget a grip, I want one of those underwater housings for my DSLR.

Also, I want Pringles to make wider cans.
>>
>>2706348
Wtf

Good for you though man that's pretty ingenious. The 5D sticker looks fake as shit though, I'd get rid of that. The only people who will know what a 40D is will spot the fake red rings a mile off
>>
>>2706359
Are you for real?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>2706294
Not really. I planned to film on it so it seemed kinda necessary for dat battery life.

When I go street shooting i prefer it without. Lighter, smaller etc. Just bring a spare battery.

Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3264
Image Height2448
>>
>>2706357
>Also, I want Pringles to make wider cans.
tch, boasting again
>>
Honestly I used to like how it looked on my 600d but on the a7ii a grip is mandatory.
>>
>>2706348
>10-18
dude, recently I copped that lens
>dem gud
>>
>tfw sold my F4s because it's a heavy son of a bitch
dat build quality though

also, how to get clients:
>speedlight with diffuser attachment (cap or bowl style)
>battery grip
>longest zoom lens you have available
>paint it white
>paint a red ring on it
>put a hood on the end of it
>it doesn't matter if you shoot nikon
>don't tell anybody you shoot nikon
>get a canon CPS strap
>>
>>2706294
rabal + battery grip = pro
>>
File: 1405242080843.jpg (58 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1405242080843.jpg
58 KB, 640x512
I have been on the fence about buying a grip. I think it looks bonkers and I do not need the extra battery life. But I do like the idea of better handling as I'm mostly shooting longer lenses, plus the extra fps it would give me.
>>
>>2706443

smdh. you forgot the lens hood, son. gotta make that lens look two inches longer and twice as expensive.
>>
>>2706408
What? Why nikon?
>>
i bought a battery grip because i was doing long series of shots with an intervalometer and got tired of my camera running out of juice. i don't like taking the grip off because i'm lazy that way and it feels just fine in my hands with it on all the time. but because poorfags here can't afford their own grip i now have to be judged by them if i'm out shooting with it on? fuck off.
>>
>>2706460

Nikon is enthusiast tier, Canon is TruPro (tm).
>>
>>2706348
Genius.

>2013
>Order a off brand battery grip for $40 because who really gives a shit when it comes to grips.
>A week after the first one arrives I get another one for free.
>To this day it's still in the box, unused.
>>
>>2706329
>>Also, the ability to use AA batteries(AKA, what I use in my flash) in a pinch is reason enough
I came here to post this
>>
>>2706294
I use a battery grip that doesn't even have a battery in it.

Because my little finger gets lost at the bottom of the camera if it's not there
>>
>>2706369
>stop, pop and roll

What are you doing to Mr Pringles, anon?
>>
>>2706457
>the extra fps it would give me.
>>
>>2706573
The D300s shoots an extra frame per second with a battery grip.
>>
>>2706584
Same with the D800.....IF you shoot in crop mode....and IF you use AA batteries.
>>
>>2706588
D700 shoots full frame at 8fps alllll dayyyy longggggg with a grip.
Nothing says you're a pro better than machine-gunning it all day long.
>>
i cant hold a d7100 comfortably without a grip...helps with ring and pinky...pinky really helps stabilize (my) grip on the camera. its as big of a deal as in body IS imho.
>>
>>2707124
There's a work-around to shoot at full speed sans grip.

I had a grip for my D700. Sold it because it really wasn't necessary. Didn't bother for my D800.
>>
>>2706294
I got one for my t3i so it can look more important.

its still a small as fuck camera though. and it doesn't have the lcd screen. honestly its just for show so clients might think I'm more pro than I am. I tape over the logo as well.
>>
File: 0078-1432513354199.jpg (84 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
0078-1432513354199.jpg
84 KB, 508x504
>>2706348
that labeling
>>
>>2706348
fuckin dyin
>>
File: sftrzQH - Imgur.jpg (150 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sftrzQH - Imgur.jpg
150 KB, 640x480
I put a grip on my body, but it doesn't look pro at all :(
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.