[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rain + Camera = ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: start.jpg (208 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
start.jpg
208 KB, 1000x563
>pic is Nikon F2, 35mm f/2, HP5+

So how willing are you to taking pictures in bad weather? I was at a marathon this last Friday and Saturday.

Friday was nice, clear skies, no wind. Comfortably high 50s/low 60s deg F

Saturday sucked.

Saturday got 40+mph winds and rain started after it got dark. Not heavy rain, but a enough to get camera and lens wet. It was cold too, maybe lower 50s. I felt kinda bad for the Saturday runners that had to wait forever before they could start running.

That was the first time I ever put my camera through any kind of serious weather. Yesterday, I ordered me a large pistol case and silica gel to keep my lenses in a dry place from meow on.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePicasa
PhotographerPicasa
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2015:11:18 00:40:18
Image Width1000
Image Height563
Unique Image IDcea1cb63bc59ee4adda65979c4c1ec64
>>
That's not "sirious weather" faget, think about shooting instead of babbying your camera.
>>
>>2705736

I didn't stop shooting for a second if you were wondering. Also you didn't answer the question, pleb.
>>
>>2705724

Lower 50s is not cold
>>
File: P8150833(2).jpg (247 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
P8150833(2).jpg
247 KB, 1000x750
You're a total gay.

Hiked up to the Harding Ice Field with my EM5. DUMPING rain the entire way, lower to mid 30's.

By the summit it was 15°F and 50mph+ winds. You know what I did? Took some fucking pictures.

Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-M5
Camera SoftwareVersion 1.6
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2014:08:15 14:50:09
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramCreative
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto, Red-Eye Reduce
Focal Length38.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4608
Image Height3456
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastHard
SaturationHigh
SharpnessNormal
>>
Pentax
Just... Pentax
>>
File: 6213399556_f4e37c829a.jpg (38 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
6213399556_f4e37c829a.jpg
38 KB, 500x395
>>2705806
Oh cool I went there a few years back. Brought the 4x5, snow and rain mix as well but it never really matters. All I do is try to keep water off the glass so I can get a sharp image.
>>
File: space blankie.jpg (181 KB, 1000x633) Image search: [Google]
space blankie.jpg
181 KB, 1000x633
>>2705802

Do you see what those people are wearing in my first pic??

Shorts + shirt that is nearly skin tight and tell me those conditions aren't cold.

Dress the fuck up with expensive shit like >>2705806 and have the balls to say colder weather is easy. Well no fucking shit you're wearing a huge fucking jacket. You guys are fucking retarded, look at the picture and actually use your brains.

I wanted to talk cameras + rain. What do you do when it rains and do you dry/desiccate them afterwards? Do you DSLR users puss out when it comes to weather? I just wanted feed back or advice, not to shove dicks down your guys' throats.

Camera SoftwarePicasa
PhotographerPicasa
Image Width3271
Image Height2071
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Horizontal Resolution2400 dpi
Vertical Resolution2400 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2015:11:18 14:09:59
Image Width1000
Image Height633
Unique Image ID5caa0c2b9a7d7de146d4088f0ca30636
>>
The only thing I worry about in bad weather is getting water into my viewfinder or lens via condensation which will then turn to mold or fogging. I sort of just trust that the body and dials won't let in the water, it's mainly lenses and viewfinders that concern me. I've read leaving the camera in its bag when you get in and letting it come up to room temperature slowly is good practise, but realistically as long as the metal isn't too cold to touch I assume it's fine.
>>
>>2705986

Yeah, still not cold bro. Even dressed like that.

If that shit is killing you, even the heaviest jacket isn't gonna help you if you go someplace really cold.
>>
>>2705986
Nobody here gives a toss what the runners were wearing - I don't know why you think that's relevant.

And, in response to your question, I just use the camera and maybe towel it off if it gets too wet. It's not complicated.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.