[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strap Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
Hey, /p/
I seek some suggestions.
I like to keep my bodies cosmetically clean, but I've found that my straps always scratch up the body at the site where the strap connects to the camera.

Any of you guys have a suggestion for a strap that won't damage the camera?
Cheers.
>>
>>2705650
due to the friction on the loops, I'd say you can't avoid this without not using a strap
>>
>>2705653
Oh I meant the black area. Not the metal loops sorry.
>>
I have never heard anything good about this product, never anything bad - I just saw mentioned in a magazine and thought of this thread
https://youtu.be/DCb7bAVH-dQ
Warning, it's weird
>>
Do not use a damn strap faget.

/threda
>>
>>2705655
oh righto

I'd just put some gaffer tape on the affected areas then, I guess
>>
I use a piece of leather to cover the area where the strap connects to the body. It was supplied with my Pentax.
>>
>>2705650
ditch the neckstrap. it's painful when you have it around your neck for long periods of time.

i just bought this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/661579-REG/Black_Rapid_RS7_1BB_RS_7_Camera_Strap.html

it seems ok so far.
>>
I would recommend the black rapid straps as well.
>>
>>2706175
>>2706393
Third'd.
easy to take the strap off and the camera doesn't bounce around on your chest when walking.
>>
>>2706175
btw this solves the problem of rubbing near or on the loops since this strap screws into the tripod mount. the only worry would be to make sure you don't have exposed jacket zippers or metal studs on your pockets since the camera will hang at about waist level on your right side.
>>
File: 6673622_sa.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
6673622_sa.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
Get the Case Logic sling strap.
Eighteen bucks, bitch
poor man's Black Rapid.
Just run another much shorter strap along the side to keep it from sliding around on your shoulder. Works great.
>>
Personally i prefer this blackrapid.
http://www.blackrapid.com/products/crossshot
>>
>>2706967
Who cares??? This isn't an "I'm going to nitpick and argue about what minor color difference or tiny extra feature of a fucking *strap* I like" thread. It's to offer advice on how to solve op's problem and the damn strap type you offered up, over the shoulder, has already been suggested!
>>
>>2706995
Hey bro, dont tell me nothin, bro. I'll rip off your head and shit down your neck, bro.
Bro, this thread is now what are alternatives for this guys problem, bro.
And as such, what are the best alternatives, bro.
I don't let bitches tell me nothin, bro.
>>
I rather spend a little bit more and get quality rather than spend less and get shitty equipment that might damage my camera. I wouldn't trust the screw or the clips on the cheaper ones especially with a camera and lens setup that costs thousands.
>>
bro optech has a really nice selection of slings. i swear by mine. the best thing about it is it DOESN'T attach to your tripod mount, so you can keep your tripod plate on the camera while you carry it aroun. this makes life so much easier. this changed my life. anon it's a good sling and doesn't damage the camera a'tall pic relates to these attributes

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width600
Image Height800
>>
>>2707177
That plastic clip though...I would never trust my 5d mark iii with 70-200 L is with that plastic clip.
>>
>>2707191
This was my thinking before I bought it so I did some research, and honestly being worried about it is a big ol' bag o' bollocks.

From their website:
>OP/TECH USA’s quick disconnects (QDs) are rated at 146 pounds tensile strength

See Also:
https://youtu.be/GZTuk3w9H1Y
https://youtu.be/tKAG9NC6Res
>>
>>2705650
I got this to try and I love it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0128L5G3Y

It holds a D810 with a 70-200 2.8 no problem. It even has a secondary safety strap to attach to your strap thing on the camera.

Biggest benefit for me us the arcaswiss compatibility.
>>
>>2707193
Well, I guess for those that don't own a strap already, that could be a viable solution, but I just wouldn't be able to trust it.
>>
>>2707199
Well I'd say it's totally trustworthy. I've been using it about a year now and take the camera out for all kinds of shit; blizzards, storms, hikes, camping, urbex, drunken everything, etc. The strap holds the strap is good anon!
>>
>>2705650
What a great and useful thread, OP
People like you would do anything not to take photographs.
>>
>>2707276

Unless you are getting a new camera every product cycle just to be a gearfag, and need to sell the 'old' one still with the stickers on it, why are you bothered by cosmetic wear?
I usually don't get a new camera until after the finish is ground through to the substrate on the prism box and the edges, which seems to take about 4 years. By then the camera is old enough it has no significant resale value, so it doesn't affect resale value.

I gave up on straps and put carabiners on mine anymore, hang them off whatever safety gear I am wearing for that particular activity. Try it, you won't go back.
>>
>using straps

>"I like to keep my camera cosmetically clean"
>>
>>2707276
I don't see anything wrong with trying to take care of your equipment. Just cause the OP wants to keep it cosmetically clean doesn't mean that it doesn't get used. I take my gear and use it on a daily basis, but I still try to keep it clean cosmetically. I spent thousands of dollars, and would rather protect and use well the items that I purchased.
>>
File: ThrashedCanon_02.jpg (42 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
ThrashedCanon_02.jpg
42 KB, 533x400
>>2707324
Caring about cosmetics isn't "taking care of your equipment".

And wear marks actually look cool.
>>
File: firstshow_-243-copy.jpg (189 KB, 640x470) Image search: [Google]
firstshow_-243-copy.jpg
189 KB, 640x470
>>2707505
reminder that cameras are tools
they're meant to be used

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D2X
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
PhotographerBrad Moore
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.9
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)157 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2009:02:11 12:28:05
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceCloudy Weather
FlashFlash, Return Detected
Focal Length105.00 mm
Comment(c) Joe McNally
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width640
Image Height470
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2705650
The Peak design stuff won't do this. They have a nice long link attachment and the fabric is pretty soft.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.