[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Hey all,
I currently got a Canon 400D and few lenses.
Since I feel I get limited with it (pretty old stuff) was thinking on getting a 700D or 760D.
The 700D is relatively cheap and the shop has it on stock so I can get it quick (and cheap).
On the other hand, 760D spec wise seems much better, but it's like 250 euro more expensive + they dont have it on stock and I will need to wait for like a month to bring it.
What is your suggestion? Should I go with the 700D or it is better if I wait for the 760D?
>>
>>2705270
The 760D is a half class higher than the 700D/750D. It has the 70D sensor which is more sensitive and gives much better results than the 700D/750D sensor. It is not as rugged build as the 70D but much more solid than the 700D/750D.
If I were you I would go for a used 70D or 60D because budget wise it is the same and you get better build quality and features. If ML and video is a priority for you then go for the 60D.
>>
>>2705276
But 60D or 70D do not have wifi/nfc and I find those options interesting and probably usefull.
Also, I hate getting something used because I would not know if something is wrong with the camera (dropped, scratched sensor, etc).
I don't know what to do... I am thinking on this subject for a month now and cannot decide :)
>>
>>2705284
Why would you want wifi or NFC? You will hardly use them for RAW
I have wifi option on my camera and have never used it. Not even for the few in-camera JPEGs.
On the used gear, the majority of /p/ buys used, the prev. owner was also a photographer, not an idiot kid with an xbox. It was well taken care of in 99% of cases, if not it is also described in description, also price would be much lower than the average market.
Don't be afraid, I got mine used and not a single problem with it. To be sure, check the feedbacks on the seller.
>>
>>2705270
They are the same camera. Do not make this upgrade.
>>
>>2705270
If AF speed and sports photography aren't your thing. The M3 is one of the better choices you can make and is a little cheaper in some places.

My buddy is getting rid of his 400D and buying my "old" M3 as an upgrade. He had also tried the 750 & 760D for a while and preferred the mirrorless camera.
>>
>>2705284
>But 60D or 70D do not have wifi/nfc
70d has wifi, the 60d does not.
>>
Thanks for your patience and advices guys.
The thing is that the supply of camera shops around here is pretty limited (on stock nothing above 750D) and I have limited funds - photography is my hobby after all, I take pictures only for me and almost nobody sees them so I prefer/need to not get something above 800 euro.
Also, I will repeat: I dont like getting a second hand camera because I am afraid of how the previous owner used it. A friend of mine has a 60D, I asked him if he sells it since I trust him, but he said its not for sale for now.
>>
>>2705761
www.ebay.com
you are welcome
>>
Seriously if you're going to buy a low end dslr there is literally no point buying new.

Get a used one brah.
>>
Well, it looks like I am getting a brand new 70D.
The shop in my country wanted to import for me a 760D for 720 euro and a friend of mine offered to bring me a 70D from switzerland, which costs there around 750 euro, so I am going that route.
Good choice, right?
>>
What country are you in mate?
I might face a similar fate. I'll make my move to Argentina in the foreseeable future and getting equipment there is supposedly impossible (and usually grotesquely overpriced). Until then, I'm trying to stock up on gear so I won't need anything when I live there.
>>
>>2706241
I am in Macedonia.
When comparing to other EU countries, it seems we have a very expensive equipment.
>>
get a 70D from ebay
>>
>>2705284
Believe me, good viewfinder or top LCD is more important than wifi/nfc. You'll understand when you use one for some time.
>>
>>2705763
>>2706278
Ebay is not an option. Most of the sellers do not deliver to my country + even if I find one that will deliver, I will need to pay taxes and customs for it which will increase the price for +-30%
I will go with the option above mentioned: brand new, brought from CH
>>
>>2706241
Argentina is a shithole. So yeah, buy before you move there. The government is completely retarded, prices are ridiculous.
>>
>>2706327
I'm aware of that, my girlfriend spent a fortune on her 600D. Most of my friends constantly complain about it as well, in general. Oh and once I tried to buy a book, some regular Penguin paperback, and they actually wanted 400$ for it. Four hundred for a paperback. That government is so anti-intellectual.
Are you Argentinean yourself?
>>
>>2706557
Nah. I do have Argentinian friends though, and they shared with me how rough things are.
>>
Long time photog here, 70d, yes that is the way to go. I know u dont like used, but look at a used 5d. Its got the same mounts, if its got under 75k pics, its like new. Itll give you a full frame sensor vs the 2/3 sensor and the color rendering capabilites is to drool over. Theres no way to fake a broken sensor, so no worries there. Look at the case. The only wear pointa for somone who took care of it should be around the ahutter button and perhaps the hand holds. Ive had mine for 6 years, ive ran around 250k pics through it, and it still looks new (but im very anal retentive with mine too) ask to see a series of 15 pictures shot with it and ask for 3 of them to be of white pieces of paper (any sensor issues or dirty will show up as imperfections in the same spot on all the pictures) but if you must have new, then 70d. And find a battery extender so you can shoot vertical comfortably.
>>
>>2705270
>Since I feel I get limited with it
Limited how? Knowing where you're struggling will help us help you.
>>
Why is this thread here?
USE THE FUCKING GEAR THREAD!
Someone delete this thread!
>>
>>2711637
Shut the fuck up and get over yourself.
>>
>>2711654
READ THE STICKY!
USE THE GEAR THREAD!
DIE IN A FIRE YOU USELESS CUNT!
>>
File: Zp2cEAy.gif (873 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Zp2cEAy.gif
873 KB, 250x250
>>2711702
No such thing as a useless cunt. Well, maybe on a 750 lb girl... nah.. i still know a guy whod hit that.. so yea, no such thing. Your arguement is invalid. Pretty bad you are wasting time reading this and commenting how pointless it is, exerting all that energy with a bad case of verbal diarrhea, and for what... just so u can hear yourself talk? Must be... no one else gives two shits. See, i dont even care, and im the one laughing at you. Perhaps if you could speak with an iq of at least in the double digits and with a little respect, perhaps. But until then...
>>
>>2711738
If you can't follow a few simple guidelines on an internet forum the photography is not for you.
It needs dedication and discipline, things you clearly don't have.
Just use your phone and stick with videogames for a hobby this is what's fitting for a child.
>>
>>2711742
Lmfao!!! Then clearly you have zero concept of photography! Lmfao!! Best one I've heard all year!! Thanks for that screen shot! You made my holiday. Thank you!!
>>
>>2711742
Or to use your terms, they are guidelines, not laws. Grow up and move out.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.