[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /p/, I'm new here. I was looking to get a video camera
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: -1.jpg (443 KB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
443 KB, 2500x2500
Hey /p/, I'm new here. I was looking to get a video camera to record myself playing piano. I wanted to do something like this last year but the camera I got was a piece of garbage. I was looking at some GoPro stuff but I honestly couldn't decide what was good or not. My price range is $300 at most, I'd appreciate any help or direction to somewhere that could help. Thanks.
>>
I'm not sure about the audio quality of a go pro... you are trying to record music as well as a decent picture right?
>>
>>2705200
I don't want terrible audio quality, just decent. It's not too important because I'll be running my keyboard through my computer and capturing the music through there, then replacing the audio from the video.
>>
It can actually get great audio. I recorded a friends band whole set and used the audio from one of my gopros to overlay on my video. You just need to find the right place to put it.
>>
The new GoPros can shoot 1080p/60fps with great video quality in the daylight. Audio is very good, but I've been trying to look into buying a microphone to attach for better audio quality.
>>
>>2704914
Why a gopro? Like uwa fish eye that needs a lot of light that much?

Just get an HD Webcam and something like a tascam/zoom recorder.
>>
Musician here.

The people saying audio is very good on here are retarded. The audio is good FOR A TINY CAMERA IN A PLASTIC BOX. If you're actually trying to record music and have anyone listen to it with even a moderately trained ear then you're going to want an external mic.
>>
>>2706072
Also a musican here. It gets great sound if put in the right place. You're retarded.
>>
>>2704914
Cheap option: Get a $60 Yicam to record video, use an external mic to record audio (the right $15 will do okay, a good $100 will do great).

Then just sync in post, shouldn't be much work for a bunch of videos.

People also have done external microphone jack hacks on the Yicam and so on, but that's not for everyone.
>>
>>2706072
>>2706190
Any recommendations for what kind of external mic? Or is it generally high price = high quality?
>>
File: PowerShot SX410.jpg (67 KB, 530x265) Image search: [Google]
PowerShot SX410.jpg
67 KB, 530x265
I hace this one and its a pretty good camera and cheap $200
Canon Sx410 is

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2014:12:15 18:10:58
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width530
Image Height265
>>
>>2706456
You can get used dslr + 50mm for 200 dollars
>>
>>2704914
Rent a Arriflex 416.
>>
A p&s or bridge cam for the same price as a GoPro will give better results & be much easier to use.
>>
>>2706182
HAHAHAHA.

Yeah, guy, you're the reason audio engineers exist.
>>
>>2706182

Third musician here. This post is wrong.
>>
>>2706467
>Used
Iuuugh!...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.